It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of our guys sounding the alarm.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 27 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Jimmy from bright insight drops his normal program to give a warning. For June and July. He is basically saying buy in bulk if you can necessities to keep your going into the foreseeable future. He does have a knack as he did call the toilet paper crisis and never ran out. There seems to be a six-week delay period with regards to all the ships stuck off of Shanghai which contain most of the world's goods. Because of the censorship, he cant
go into greater detail except on his non-youtube channels but he seems to have a good handle on things, which will occur with certainty.

+19 more 
posted on May, 27 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   
So, “be afraid and buy so much that your neighbor has none”.

How do people live their lives in such fear?

+1 more 
posted on May, 27 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoMoreFools
So, “be afraid and buy so much that your neighbor has none”.

How do people live their lives in such fear?

Yup!

Sometimes shortages are created by those that “predict” them. Like Jimmy

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Oh no not another a@@wiping shortage. lord help us all.

+4 more 
posted on May, 27 2022 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt
Very true.
And sometimes pandemics are created by those who predict them (Bill Gates and Co).
edit on 27-5-2022 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

We watched something like that happen in Hawaii one year. The barge to one of the smaller islands was delayed a day or two, and someone called someone and said it wasn’t coming and the gas station was about to run out of gas. Within a couple hours it was all over the island, and before the end of the day they were out of gas.
edit on 5/27/2022 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Excellent video, but it may cause a small panic.

People should have been preparing for the last year to ensure survivability. Essential goods, non-perishables, and more. All these things are cheap and plentiful but I don't think it's going to last either.

The time to quietly grab a few things is now.
No need to rush or panic.
Buy what you need and save some for others.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It’s not as much as getting ready for a shortage as it is hedging for inflation. Essentially what he is saying is buy what you can afford now because in a couple months it will cost way more.
edit on 27-5-2022 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Here in New Zealand the media and social media had all sorts of stuff about panic buying of toilet paper and pictures of empty shelves.

We didn't panic buy at all.

We also never ran out.

See how being sensible, and allowing normal supply and demand to sort out temporary fluctuations, rather than driven to panic buying because some pundit somewhere says "the sky is falling", works?

Also this is shown when Abbott Pharmeceuticals couldn't supply the US lactose free baby formula. It wasn't a major issue because all those government dudes you hate on so much, went and bought overseas, and airlifted the supplies in, enough for everyone who needs it.

Also, in regard to shipping which was 'held up' off the coast because of COVID, & etc. Last years profits for the international shipping industry have exceeded all previous, here in NZ. That's when all the pundits told us it was all falling to pieces, and we'd have all sorts of major supply issues.

It's like all those who kept telling us how the 2020 COVID lockdowns were killing business, with massive closures. Yet when you look at the actual bankruptcy data, in 2020 there were fewer bankruptcies than years before:

Annual number of business bankruptcy cases filed in the United States from 2000 to 2020 - Statista

edit on 27/5/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

I totally agree there are still some people who can't see in front of their noses, In the end, you have to look after yourself and the nearest and dearest. If you wait until the day the panic starts you will have to fight off crowds and even be involved in a riot. We saw what the toilet paper panic was like. A quiet preemptive buying now of the few who read these threads are not going to cause a mass shortage of anything at this stage.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Im getting ready to watch the video, but I want to say something first. It seems to me that liberals are intentionally trying to kill the US economy, and the Dollar. The Dollar's demise will affect the rest of the planet in a very negative way. Being in California, Im very aware of fuel costs, and the repercussions from expensive fuel. Its about $6.50 a gallon for regular here. Diesel is more. Its going up too. As California goes, so goes the nation.

So Zaphod: What happens when diesel jumps above $10 a gallon? Didn't you drive a truck in the past? How about 12 or 15 bucks a gallon? Trucking is the backbone of the economy. When it stops, so does the nation.

Everyone on ATS should have known to be prepared for this scenario. I don't need to run out and tax the markets. My freezers are already full. The pantry is bursting full. The garage is overflowing with food, fuel, and all sorts of supplies.

I do suspect June or July, and I believe it is intentional. If you take medication, be sure to have a supply to get you through at least September

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yes but hasn't NZ just been called out, the warm cuddles with China seem to be over,
You seem to be under the illusion that I hate these government dudes, I never hate my employees and my public servants they do a great job under trying circumstances.

edit on 27-5-2022 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   

History is repeating itself but in a much shortened time frame. The Spanish Influenza was followed by the roaring twenties and then the Great Depression ended all of that.
We had Covid and then the recovery of the stock market at a record rate. Now followed by the collapse we are currently witnessing.
What took decades last time has happened in just a few years this time.

Does everyone know what brought us out of the depression? Yep, world conflict.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Trucking won’t stop, but shipping prices will continue to go up. I don’t think we’ll hit $10/gal, but drivers are already paying $1200+ to fill up. And that’s filling up every day if it’s a team truck. If it’s a solo truck that’s every other day.
edit on 5/27/2022 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Last time we didn't have instant communication of information. This must be a factor in speeding things up.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: chr0naut

Yes but hasn't NZ just been called out, the warm cuddles with China seem to be over,

NZ has a fairly long history of being suspicious of Chinese actions in the region. No doubt, there were some Chinese affiliated groups who 'cosied-up', just like there are in the US or Australia, but we had the same suspicious attitude towards the US, and especially its nuclear armed military excursions in the region, too. But some local groups probably acted as though we were the 53rd state.

In truth, neither the US or China act in the best interests of anyone but themselves. That is the truth and so as a third party, with its own sovereignty, we have to navigate that situation as best we can.

The idea of totally rejecting one country, so as to ingratiate ourselves to another, is political naïvety, and won't work. We are tougher minded and more practical than that.

(*I have to add, this is my opinion. I left the NZ national political 'game' after getting a political party into coalition government, for two terms, from 2004. And I'm an Aussie citizen, so, there's that).

edit on 27/5/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I had a bowl of Rocky Road ice cream and watched the video. I thought it was appropriate. I agree with everything he said, except the part about things would get better later on. This will be a time for individuals to shine, by seeing to the needs of others less fortunate, and those who are unable to prepare. Thats a large part of my plan.

I also disagree that there will be no wheat shortage here. The US will start shipping their wheat elsewhere, just like they have been doing with oil. Maybe they will slap some taxes on it here in Cali. I have several large sacks of assorted wheat in my chest freezers, and a Magic mill ( large electric stone flour mill), and solar/ battery bank to run it is power gets cut. Ill be making plenty of bread. I have 5 freezers here, and my latest addition is frozen, calamari, halibut, clams, muscles, gulf shrimp, crab, abalone and even lobsters. Its already overflowing with steaks, chops, lamb, chicken, pork. I probably have enough dried whole milk to make 10 gallons for my friends kids. Buckets of legumes, rice, pastas.

I need to buy some more ice cream though.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   

It’s too bad that fear mongerers like the dude in the YouTube video fan the flames of fear. Then idiots go out and buy up and hoard everything, and it ruins it for everyone else. Chicken little, the sky is falling, just ridiculous fearmongering. This is just so tiring and tedious.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

What came first the chicken or the egg?

We know it's coming, shortages, more inflation etc.

So try and prepare now, or yesterday with less money and more supply, or scavenge what's left of supply at a higher price?

IF they buy and 'hoard' everything, that theres nothing left...doesn't that kinda prove them right?

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If people around here jump on the bandwagon and start clearing shelves I'm gonna be pissed.

We're low income, no car for bulk buys and no money for bulk either.

We're twice a week shoppers and they always run on the essential staples we rely on.

Our situation is already scarce, and these folks with resources don't give a damn about folks in our situation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join