It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA ‘confirms’ it’s joining search for UFOs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Would you agree that, prior to the Oklahoma City bombing, the ATF probably didn't pay much attention to the sale of ammonium nitrate? Especially in areas where the was a lot of farming.

But, since the bombing of the Federal Building such sales are monitored and documented with diligence.

Similarly, although NASA may have had reports of "UFO's/UAP's" over the years, without an Official sanction from Congress (from whence all funding flows), NASA was probably as diligent at cataloging and analyzing those reports as you or I would be at cataloging and analyzing the lint from our navels.

Government agencies do not do anything that might jeopardize their funding.

And so, now that Congress has given NASA the official (Little) Green Light to hunt for UAP's, the search is on.
edit on 28-5-2022 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
The Roswell incident gave everybody something to focus on and believe in, instead of learning what new technology was being developed at area 51 by the government. The movement took on a life of its own, and turned out to be a massive money-maker!
snip

Contrary to popular belief as expressed on this forum, the Roswell event never became a world-wide topic and it was quickly squashed until the 1980s when it was revived by the money-makers as you mention. It was accepted as the tale of a Mogul spying balloon train carrying scientific instruments that may have been affected by stormy weather.

No UFO, no crash, no alien bodies, nothing unnatural but, thanks to some enterprising savvy entrepreneurs that's when Roswell gained fame and lots of tourist dollars. Foolish people pay a guide to take them to a empty landscape and regale them with lies mostly garnered from popular but lying authors. If only I had thought of it.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
Source: NASA ‘confirms’ it’s joining search for UFOs New York Post

……NASA has reportedly confirmed it will officially join the hunt for UFOs after a groundbreaking UAP Congress hearing earlier this month.

Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAPs) and official sightings were recently discussed at a public US Congress hearing on May 17.

Nasa had previously said it “does not actively search for” or research UAPs.

After the first public congressional hearing on the topic in 54 years, the US space agency has reportedly changed its mind.”……..

As if they don’t already know 😉

Originating story source: EXCLUSI VE: One giant leap for NASA! National space agency confirms it is joining the investigation of UFOs after previously refusing to partake in 'active search' for unidentified aerial phenomena – days after historic congressional hearing

👽🛸🍺

Brilliant! NASA has just stumbled on another stupid way to get their greedy hands on tax-payers' money and enjoy good lunches, great dinners, a superlative living while returning nothing to those same safrificing tax-payers. "I'm looking through you, where did you go?" (Lennon/McCartney)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

"As if they don’t already know 😉
👽🛸🍺

What exactly is it that you think NASA 'knows' about UFOs, based on what evidence?

While you didn't ask me directly, here's my 2¢. I think that the topic of UFOs has a high place within the corridors of NASA's various facilities. It has to be for NASA employees are regular people that have the same interests as most "normal" people. Add to this that to this day UFOs, or more correctly, UAP, are still experienced by astronauts although they may not be as outspoken about them as in previous decades thanks to the many videos showing them all over the place in space. Even astronaut Story Musgrave reported: "NASA Astronaut Claims To Have Seen Alien Snake Floating In Earth’s Atmosphere" - www.unilad.co.uk...

Of course, those of us familiar with your stance on UAP know that you don't accept them as being real or, worse, that they're alien vehicles. But now that NASA, your former employer, has given them credibility how do you feel about the subject? Do you accept NASA's interest as being worthwhile? And if NASA were to ask you to become involved, woud you?

NASA knows a lot about UAP/UFOs. Maybe a little more than the average Joe or as much as the members of this forum which is zilch. But since I know nothing about the reality of UAP aside from my sightings, perhaps I'm wrong and NASA will announce "Success!" and surprise the hell out of us! All we can do is wait for news, but not in my short lifetime.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Massive money maker? What are you talking about....the top grossing movies, TV shows, books, magazines, music have nothing to do with the Roswell crash. Massive money maker LMAO.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I knew if I through that line in the post….it would draw you in. Good to see you still have a pulse Jimmy.

I’ve always thought of you as a cover man for NASA with interesting things to say every now and then….

What’s your take on NASA throwing in the towel……based on the articles sourced in the OP?

You know of course, they’ll be a point where your mission to help NASA disavow UFO’s will come to an end Jimmy. The JIG will be up and you’ll be retiring.

As you know, I have no evidence….. just some good Ol VHS NASA missions footage most of us have already seen from back in the day.

Peace Jimmy

👽🛸🥃

I don't mean to publicly excoriate you, but I prefer to see you address James with respect. I'm grateful that he deems this forum worthy of his attention and almost all members, past and present, are richer in gaining exclusive knowledge and thinking from James. He has almost always shown respect towards members and, unlike some members, rarely "loses" it, as he is allowed to do when dealing with those less intelligent than he. R-e-s-p-e-c-t. Now, carry on.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   

.... As you know, I have no evidence….. just some good Ol VHS NASA missions footage most of us have already seen from back in the day. Peace Jimmy

Yeah, the notorious STS-48 zig-zaggers, and the 'Black Knight' photos from STS-88, and maybe the tether swarm and others, truly unearthly-looking scenes that have become consecrated in the make-believe culture of UFOria into seductive evidence of alien visitations. I have rarely seen such utter cluelessness in any of the weirdest modern or even medieval cults. You have my sympathy, but in the end, you have harvested the waste of all-too-rare brainpower devoted to those fairy tales. It's no longer amusing, it's just sad.

Hahaha you tried so hard to be a jerk, good grief. There's definitely much more clueless cults, especially whatever cult you are a part of.

OP either of the following:

Amateur astronomers have found UFOs in NASA video or photos, and NASA can no longer lie.

Military has detected UFO's in space and ordering NASA to join in the research.

More UFOs are showing up

One ET race might be proclaiming they want to make contact

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: idusmartias

Nah….I’ll say and do what I want until the mods kick me off…..believe it or not, I have a small warm spot for Jimmy.

Too each his own…..I’m just here to express my opinion….like it or not. Jimmy knows he can go to the mods to complain, even you for that matter.

I’ll be who I am and stick with it……frankly anyone can call me whatever they want. All in all we are 1’s and 0’s in a virtual social gathering.

👽🛸🍺👍🏼

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   

...Been nice Jimmy

👽🛸🍻

So you're fully confident in the credibility of Donna Hare and Ken Johnston?

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   

.... As you know, I have no evidence….. just some good Ol VHS NASA missions footage most of us have already seen from back in the day. Peace Jimmy

Yeah, the notorious STS-48 zig-zaggers, and the 'Black Knight' photos from STS-88, and maybe the tether swarm and others, truly unearthly-looking scenes that have become consecrated in the make-believe culture of UFOria into seductive evidence of alien visitations. I have rarely seen such utter cluelessness in any of the weirdest modern or even medieval cults. You have my sympathy, but in the end, you have harvested the waste of all-too-rare brainpower devoted to those fairy tales. It's no longer amusing, it's just sad.

I see your POV hasn't changed in decades. Let's face it, James, the subject of UFOs/UAP is above your head! (pun intended). STS-48 and many other sightings (okay, the tether "swarm" also) were never adequately explained by you nor anyone else inside and outside of NASA. And those were just the tip of the iceberg. You know that a few, if not a lot, of videos show individual objects hauling ass while being tracked by cameras from the space stations by knowing astronauts. And in a video sequence a female astronaut seemingly lost her voice while describing a night scene when a large, bright, circular light materialized and drifted. Of course, you always stuck to your patented questions about angles, direstion, whether earth was in light or darkness, etc., that to the average viewer violated common sense. We know what we were seeing and we had to challenge your denials to no avail, you stuck to your guns.

Now that NASA almost admits that UFOs are real and they had to be in space, then as now, are you ready to consider that what the videos you fought with us about could have been of UFOs?

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   

My God …..Jimmy….you can write paragraphs to explain things, but you can’t write to answer my direct question to you….on your opinion….instead your avoiding my question…by asking me questions.

Never mind Jimmy. I’ll have to consider a new NASA go to guy.

Trust me…..it won’t be Spacy Bill Nelson…

Oh and by the way the denial’s continue…..from the OP linked article…

…..”A NASA spokesperson confirmed it is 'evaluating how to provide our expertise in space-based Earth observations to improve understanding of UAPs' and 'has consulted with multiple government entities' – but denied it was setting up its own dedicated UAP office.”…….

Perhaps, there already exists, and always have been, a UFO Office somewhere in the dungeon’s of NASA…

👽🛸🥃🤔
edit on 28-5-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   

The NSA hasn't given him the green light yet to change his counter intelligence angle.

Same M.O. as Menzel.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

LOL , That's Like the Fox Telling the Chickens that he is One of Them......

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: data5091

they do already know they exist, and had employees air brush out images of ufo's in some of their pictures for some reason. NASA, Never A Straight Answer.

This is the same old conspirational bs that stopped being posted here decades ago when no one ever offered evidence. And now you just kick-started it again without offering any evidence. Put up or...

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Backagain

If we are living in a Sim, so much would be explained. The Mandela Affect, ufos, reincarnation, God, and Jesus. And many more. In my opinion, if we do live in a Sim , God is real, and so is hell.

But we don't live in a sim, we live in an awful physical reality devoid of reincarnation, god, jesus. Since god is not real neither is the sim. BTW, whose god? Greek, Roman, Aztec, Mayan, Swahili, Australian...?

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 02:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Nah….I’ll say and do what I want until the mods kick me off…..believe it or not, I have a small warm spot for Jimmy.

Too each his own…..I’m just here to express my opinion….like it or not. Jimmy knows he can go to the mods to complain, even you for that matter.

I’ll be who I am and stick with it……frankly anyone can call me whatever they want. All in all we are 1’s and 0’s in a virtual social gathering.

👽🛸🍺👍🏼

Please accept my apology, I had no right to speak my mind. I tried to edit/remove my reply but the ATS clock didn't let me and, you're right, of course it's up to James to complain to the mods. However, I don't mind telling you and others to temper your disrespect for all members. I was banned many times 'cause I couldn't control my calling a spade a spade, if you know what I mean. It doesn't hurt to be nice. James has earned the respect of the world.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 02:47 AM
link   
First off, I am in no way associated with NASA, now or ever. I am highly knowledgeable of how government works here in the USA. No agency wants more than NASA to find life off this world and an alien civilization would be that much better. With the nutty head of NASA, Bill Nelson, really wanting to prove it for the Biden administration. Their budget would be phenomenal, just like into the days that Kennedy ordered them to the Moon. But the 'circus barkers' have really messed a lot of people up, I have to give them that. All these NASA myths are just that - myths. Plain old common sense ought to tell you that, or any person who has the most rudimentary understanding of how budgets and government agencies work. 👍

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

The NSA hasn't given him the green light yet to change his counter intelligence angle.

Same M.O. as Menzel.

I have faith (not the religious kind) that James will come around soon and admit that the circumstantial evidence is really overwhelming and he'll deal with it properly, to our satisfaction. He is a long holdout but time cures all.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 02:59 AM
link   
NASA confirms joining the information manipulation effort

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join