It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patricia Krenwinkel has been found suitable for parole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Not sure how I feel about this, her participation was pretty brutal carving the word war in Leno LaBianco's stomach. I prefer her not getting out at all, but I imagine there is a good chance Gavin lets her go, for the political capital he will get.

Helter Skelter was the first serious true crime book I read, the brutality and randomness of the killing, always stuck with me.

The weird stuff they did, like what they called "creepy crawling" would break into homes and just rearrange the furniture and sneak back out unnoticed.

It could have been worse, according to Linda Kasabian the same night they killed the LaBianca's they were going to shoot some guy at a red light but the light turned green and the guy sped off. As well as they were to visit this guy they knew in an apartment building late in the evening but Kasabian acted like she couldn't remember which apartment and knocked on the wrong door. Thankfully nobody answered if they did they were supposed to just shoot them and leave.

It was Krenwinkel and another girl hitchhiking that ran into Dennis Wilson hitchhiking. here's Wikipedia's account..

en.wikipedia.org...

In the summer of 1968, Krenwinkel and fellow Family member Ella Bailey were hitchhiking around Los Angeles when Beach Boys founding member and drummer Dennis Wilson picked them up. After being invited to his home while he continued on to a recording session, Krenwinkel and Bailey were able to contact the Family and tell them of their new "crash pad". When Wilson returned later that evening, he found Manson and the rest of the Family eating his food, sleeping in his bedrooms, and partying inside and outside his home. The group ended up staying for several months. After causing Wilson financial problems, Manson and the rest of the Family left his mansion.[3]Krenwinkel was a participant in the murders on August 9, 1969, at 10050 Cielo Drive, home of actress Sharon Tate and her husband, director Roman Polanski.[5] After stabbing Abigail Folger, Krenwinkel went back inside and summoned Tex Watson, who also stabbed Folger. During her trial, Krenwinkel said, "I stabbed her and I kept stabbing her."[6] When asked how it felt, Krenwinkel replied: "Nothing, I mean, what is there to describe? It was just there, and it was right."[6]

www.latimes.com...

May 26, 2022 former Charles Manson follower now aged 74 Patricia Krenwinkle was eligible for Parole by the California board of parole hearing. Krenwinkle is serving a life sentence for her participation in the infamous Tate - Labianca murder spree . Murders that happened on the orders of Charles Manson . Krenwinkle stabbed 3 out of 7 victims and was responsible for the death of one . She also carved the word war on one victim and wrote messages on the walls with his blood . After being found guilty Krenwinkle at the age of 23 was sentenced to death in March 29,1971 having been incarcerated since 1969 she's the longest serving female inmate in the California penal system. Having been eligible for parole since 1977, Krenwinkle was denied 14 times . However, the California board of parole hearings found Krenwinkle eligible for parole this year; the final decision is up to the governor of California who will either reverse or confirm. The decision will be made public on October 23 . It should be noted the California governor has denied another Former Manson follower’s chances at freedom Leslie Van Hounten whose involvement in the crimes wasn’t as severe.
edit on 27-5-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   
she is not going anywhere

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Manson is dead, so it's not like she's going to do much since she is a follower and not a leader. The worst thing she could do at this point would be to replace Newsom.

Though she did admit to the killings, so the real question is, "does the qualified board of Parole believe that she is still a threat to society?"

One way or the other the decision is on them, and not the public or at least, luckily enough, not the politicians either.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
she is not going anywhere

Probably not but it's significant that the parole board approved pardoning her, the first one IIRC

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
Manson is dead, so it's not like she's going to do much since she is a follower and not a leader. The worst thing she could do at this point would be to replace Newsom.

Though she did admit to the killings, so the real question is, "does the qualified board of Parole believe that she is still a threat to society?"

One way or the other the decision is on them, and not the public or at least, luckily enough, not the politicians either.

from the article...

“The tentative decision will be reviewed by [the Board of Parole Hearings] legal division which can take up to 120 days,” according to a statement by Terry Thornton, a spokesperson for the state Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. “If the decision becomes final, the governor will have up to 30 days to review it.”

Pretty sure Gavin can approve or deny any parole, with this one I could see him easily going whichever way the wind is blowing in Cali.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Crazy but it reminded of going to music
school in Hollywood & supposedly Tex was
a student there...from what I remember he would follow one of the drum teachers around & mess with her head, like when she was only one in the class room cut out tbe lights & other crazy crap to scare her...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Having been eligible for parole since 1977, Krenwinkle was denied 14 times . However, the California board of parole hearings found Krenwinkle eligible for parole this year;

It's not that hard to figure out the pattern here. They allow her to have a parole hearing every 3 years. The fact that she's been denied parole 14 times already says that she will most likely be denied again. Charles Manson himself had more than his due share of parole hearings that were all a waste of time. It looks like he had hearings every 5 years.

I can't even see Gavin allowing an inmate who was sentenced to death to be paroled, unless the prison system is going to try and convince him that they are so overcrowded and broke that they'll need to release most every prisoner by the time they reach age 75.

edit on 28-5-2022 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: putnam6

Having been eligible for parole since 1977, Krenwinkle was denied 14 times . However, the California board of parole hearings found Krenwinkle eligible for parole this year;

It's not that hard to figure out the pattern here. They allow her to have a parole hearing every 3 years. The fact that she's been denied parole 14 times already says that she will most likely be denied again. Charles Manson himself had more than his due share of parole hearings that were all a waste of time. It looks like he had hearings every 5 years.

I can't even see Gavin allowing an inmate who was sentenced to death to be paroled, unless the prison system is going to try and convince him that they are so overcrowded and broke that they'll need to release most every prisoner by the time they reach age 75.

I don't know for sure but just quick research shows plenty of life without parole prisoners do sometimes get paroled. It's not a far stretch that if it's politically expedient and helpful for Gavin, he would approve.

Will he? I say it's doubtful especially if he has aspirations beyond Governor, but who knows perhaps it's the thing that puts him in the spotlight. I have no doubt there are some in Cali, who would like to let her out, just so they can say how "woke' and "progressive" they are.

www.cbsnews.com...

new topics

top topics

join