It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA’s National meeting this weekend.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The National NRA meeting is taking place in Houston starting today I believe.

From what I gather, Houston and Uvalde are around 4 hours apart.

There’s a lot of controversy floating around about this particular meeting.

Many people are saying this NRA meeting shouldn’t take place.
Mass protests on both sides of the spectrum are planned for this weekend outside the NRA show.

This event was planned and booked for this time and location a few years ago, so it’s not like this is just a pop up meeting.
Out of respect for the families of the 21 victims, many who planned to attend and even some speakers, have decided to pull out.
Stating this is not the time for an NRA meeting.

In one news bulletin I was watching, they felt it was paramount to mention the shooter “Was obsessed with The Call of Duty games”
Then they casually slid into mentioning the NRA event and rattling off the names of speakers who pulled out of the event.

I feel deeply for these families affected by this coward kid.

I know it’s controversial in itself, but Perhaps if the teachers were armed, things like this wouldn’t take place, or at the very least maybe there wouldn’t be as much collateral damage. It’s a very sensitive issue.
Look how some teachers are. We see videos of it online.Can a teacher even be trusted with a gun in the classroom.

But at the same time I think, what the hell was happened to this world where we are talking about school teachers needing to be armed?

What do you all think?

Is this event going to cause problems this weekend?
Is there going to be some sort of antifa style rioting in protest? (Wouldn’t be very smart for them)
My conspiratorial side can unfortunately see agent provocateurs being placed in the protests trying to incite gun violence this weekend.
Trying to add more fuel to the Democratic fire of wanting to take legal guns off the street.

edit on 27-5-2022 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2022 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

the more I learn, the more it looks like if the damn doors were locked, as they are all supposed to be, this would have been a homicide instead of a horrific attack killing 21 people, mostly little innocent children.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   
NHRA is way cooler.

Broom broom, not bang, bang!
edit on 27/5/2022 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
NHRA is way cooler.

If someone is breaking into your home, what has the NHRA done that could help with that?

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
What do you all think?

They can do whatever they want but I think it's a bit tone deaf at this time. And this is besides the point that I think the NRA doesn't give two craps about my Second Amendment rights.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There should be a yugge crowd at the NRA conflab. trump will be in attendance. MAGA!

nypost.com...

But guns will be banned....the irony!

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 27-5-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I have no intention of going there, at all, much less to break their rules.

All I am saying is that I have no need to buy any of their branded merchandise, modeled by demographic replacements, seeing countless, logical disconnects between their political compromises with communism and a functioning gun culture.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

# the nra.
They have never done a damn thing to protect my 2ed amendment rights.
But they sure do love getting rich off of paying lip service to it.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I know it’s controversial in itself, but Perhaps if the teachers were armed, things like this wouldn’t take place, or at the very least maybe there wouldn’t be as much collateral damage.

There was literally 19 heavily armed police just outside the door to the classroom and they did absolutely nothing for over an hour… so much for a good guy always taking out a bad guy with a gun. Not even 19 of them could manage it.

Anyway, a lot of people with some kind of conscience are pulling out of this. Not Trump though, go figure.

Just heard even the makers of the ar15 have pulled out, saying it’s not the time to promote their product.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I am sure Antifa will be there this time. That tool Beto O'Loser will be there as well. It will be interesting. Leftist are already calling for protesters to come armed.

Bette Midler urges NRA protestors to 'come armed' to annual convention in Houston

www.foxnews.com...

The Teachers Union plans on protesting as well.

Teachers unions plan to protest NRA convention

www.axios.com...

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

originally posted by: nerbot
NHRA is way cooler.

If someone is breaking into your home, what has the NHRA done that could help with that?

If someone was breaking into my home, what has the NRA done that could help with that?

Nothing.

We don't all NEED guns to feel secure here in France.

A 1964 Morris Minor starting handle will do fine thanks.

And it doesn't need ammo and doesn't make much noise.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   
A well spoken passionate speaker www.wral.com... which encapsulates what some are thinking and feeling.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   
An evil organisation with much blood on its hands.

The blood of those already cut down and that of those yet to be born who will be murdered by them.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   

...even some speakers, have decided to pull out. Stating this is not the time for an NRA meeting.

This is exactly the right time for many reasons.

top topics

join