It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Thanks - An Electric Bus Caught Fire After Battery Explosion in Paris

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:29 PM
link   
20 seconds or less. This bus went from a bit of smoke in the battery compartment to full on flames in seconds. Can you imagine what would have happened if the bus was full?

This one just blew the hell up in about 5 seconds

I think I will stick with my gasoline engine.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The buses around here use compressed natural gas

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Batteries are very resistant to abuse nowadays but still sometimes to much heat power or drain and boomb

Limited charge cycles and public transport will never mix it's a pipe dream

Alot of ev are based on 18650 or similar nicad battery 2000 charge cycles is about the max you get under normal use add heat and high drain applications that number goes down quick

It's really a dumb idea to use batteries for public transport high cost resource intensive batteries should not be used like this when it dosent need to be
edit on 26-5-2022 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Kamala is all exited about electric school busses. After seeing this I can understand why.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   

How many recalls are per year, in the for cars in the U.S. alone?

www.google.com...
edit on 26-5-2022 by Backagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I suspect arson.

The camera guy just happens to pan around and catch the bus ... just at the right second.

Lucky lucky video guy.

BS. Camera guy knew bus was going up.

Timer anyone?

That's my take.

P

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Ah the EV.

The gasoline engine of the 21th century. Hated by the simple minded, loved by the simple minded.

Next up:
Hydrogen cars will kill us all because hydrogen is used in hydrogen bombs.
edit on 27.5.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Only two days ago an electric bus caught fire in London area of the UK. Six buses were damaged. When these fires happen they seem to be very intense and lightning fast. As you say passengers would not stand a chance.

If we want to go faster than our legs we start having to rely on other variables. A horse can kill a rider and have done many times. Cycles kill riders. Cars kill riders. Planes kill riders. This happens with every hack humans have tried. We expose ourselves to variables. There is an offsetting process always at work. That is even happening with guns in the U.S. America offsets gun violence against freedom and the right to defend. There is never trust enough in government in the U.S from its citizens it seems to give up freedom to arm yourself.

I do not trust any variable. I don't wholly trust my legs as I have fallen over and hurt myself many times. We play the lottery with fate and life every second of every day of our lives. I am acutely aware of it. We are all gamblers of sorts.

Personally, I make the choice to cycle and walk. It keeps me so fit and healthy. I use a train very rarely. I have a carbon footprint smaller than a little bird's footprints in the snow relatively.

We invent all these short cuts and hacks, get ourselves flying in the sky at 350 plus MPH, but accidents happen because we are not as clever as millions of years of hardcore in the field battle fortified evolution. Even after clever evolution has done all this work birds still fly into windows, get squashed by vehicles and windmill turbines and crash land in total mass carnage when a formation goes wrong.

I hope this puts these little mishaps into perspective. Statistics will tell us what the lottery is with electric vehicles. Remember all the fumes and global warming from diesel and petrol are also killing us softly. We just have to be more patient to see these little mishaps unfold, not just the many automobile RTAs that happen all the time since the advent of internal combustion and the horses, carts and chariots before that. It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's an accident waiting to happen too.

Even the univrerse messes up and huge rocks keep crashing into planets it takes evolution all that time to make. Make a bus and it explodes, make a planet and it gets busted up like a bruiser in the ring.

It's an accident waiting to happen. Call 911, but they can only respond and not gives us a minority report in advance.

edit on 27-5-2022 by Tarantula777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Could be, but I've seen cordless tool batteries go up.
Lithium battery failures are incredibly violent, but not as rapid as they look. Once an internal short happens, there's a lot of heat generated- this makes a smell. That hear will cause nearby batteries to also fail, and eventually one will rupture- this makes an open flame, in a cluster of cells also already running way too hot. If in a contained space you won't notice this flame, but you will hear it- and smell it.
At that point the cells around the failure begin to rupture and the heat is intense. Any containment will fail at this point, and hundreds of adjacent cells will do the same.

Lithium battery fires are no joke. If you find yourself near one, try to keep it away from anything else...
If you can't, run.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Internal combination engines never catch fire. Who would want an electric vehicle?

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Yeah I remember decades ago.
Those electric Pintos.
They did not like being tailgated.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
a reply to: pheonix358

Could be, but I've seen cordless tool batteries go up.
Lithium battery failures are incredibly violent, but not as rapid as they look. Once an internal short happens, there's a lot of heat generated- this makes a smell. That hear will cause nearby batteries to also fail, and eventually one will rupture- this makes an open flame, in a cluster of cells also already running way too hot. If in a contained space you won't notice this flame, but you will hear it- and smell it.
At that point the cells around the failure begin to rupture and the heat is intense. Any containment will fail at this point, and hundreds of adjacent cells will do the same.

Lithium battery fires are no joke. If you find yourself near one, try to keep it away from anything else...
If you can't, run.

Yep, as a photographer and drone operator I get treated like I have a backpack bomb everytime I fly.

They still let me take all my batteries on board, but if they for some reason went off we'd all be in trouble. Not much of a problem now that I drive unless I have to fly.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

Never thought about that in air planes. Maybe try flushing it down the suction toilet? Sure there is some tank that collects the sewage that is filled with liquid that might kill the reaction.

Or just flushing the problem into the airplanes guts where it could make even more trouble, probably.

You could open the emergency door for a second and drop it out /sarc.

I know that it's not possible during flight, thanks to DB Cooper.
edit on 28.5.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

It is pretty funny when my whole backpack glows white in the Xray machine and the TSA agents get all scared looking and ask me what's in the bag.

To be fair I'm pretty certain the rules explicitly state that no one is supposed to be bringing batteries on board, but when I open the bag and show them what's in there they usually just tell me to go ahead. There have been a few times whete I was made to check my bag off on the ramp.

Now travelling with firearms is another story. Damn airlines can't seem to agree whether or not ammunition can be stored in magazines, locked away with the gun. Or if a mtm ammo case is considered "original packaging." Or if I have to dig out old brand name cases out of gun range trash bins to put my own hand prrssed rounds into.

Don't know why it matters if it's going into the belly of the plane anyways. Rounds don't just shoot on their own.

Lithium batteries exploding? Not very likely if they are stored properly and not damaged. I know you know this, just rambling.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yeah I sit on a car sized one every day.

You know what they really don't like here in air planes? Signal flare guns in the belly.

They really were not in a funny mood about that one.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Wait what? lol. Did you try to bring a flare on a plane?

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   
A flare / signal gun revolver, one of those that look like a bottle and you rotate the top like on a revolver to bring it to the place where the pin strikes up.

Not me, but it was in my diving baggage because I had a bit space left. The one that goes inside the belly with the rest of the baggage. Not the baggage that goes into the cabin.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
Ah the EV.

The gasoline engine of the 21th century. Hated by the simple minded, loved by the simple minded.

Next up:
Hydrogen cars will kill us all because hydrogen is used in hydrogen bombs.

Next thing you know nuclear power will be banned because of it's use in warfare and all those nations that blew up because of them from the Atomic wars of the 50s! Remember the good ole days of Myrtle The Turtle or whatever his name was?

top topics

join