It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan White Drummer With YES R.I.P.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Not a great day for music.

Alan White drummer with Prog Rock Band since 1972 has passed away age 72. White was the drummer on most of their classic albums. He also played on John Lennon's " Imagine " album and George Harrison's " All Things Must Pass " album.

Alan White, longtime drummer for prog rock band Yes, has died at home aged 72 after a short illness. Announcing the news, the band said they were “shocked and stunned”.
White was one of the longest-running members of the group, having joined in 1972, replacing Bill Bruford (who joined King Crimson)

www.theguardian.com...

R.I.P. Alan and thank you for the music.

edit on 26-5-2022 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Omgosh another great that has left us. I remember seeing them in concert at Madison Square Garden in 78/79 the most amazing concert they had a revolving stage what a fantastic band! Rip

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Aw, a crappy day for sure. Was just reminiscing about seeing them in '04 at Red Rocks with Dream Theater. Such a great band and AW was the right drummer for them. Bruford gets bored too quick and they needed someone less jazzy than Bruford.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This really hit me hard because of my being a 'huge' YES Fan.

That... and the passing of Vangelis the other day...

Seems like all the folks/artists/musicians/etc. thaty were big influences are all passing away.

Sad Day may you rest in peace Alan,
Johnny

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   
RIP Alan. I saw them 3 times back in the 80's. The first time in the round with Trevor Horn after Jon Anderson left the band. The second time was when the group reformed and they played a very small college venue outside of Philadelphia. This was incredible. The 3rd was back at the Spectrum on the same tour...but nothing came close to seeing them play that warmup gig.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Very sad news for sure. I've been a big fan since I was learning to play the guitar in the early '70s. That's the thing about this age group, we're dropping like flies...

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Oh man that sucks, he was an incredible drummer, seen him twice with Yes. RIP Alan😥

new topics

top topics

join