It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If He Was So Poor, How Did He Afford The Rifles, Optics and Truck?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: AaarghZombies

One of those trigger packs is just the removal of two pins, drop in the new rigger and replace the two pins and you have firepower similar to fully automatic.

You know how much they raged over bump stocks. These new triggers are far more accurate and reliable.

Not a gun expert by even the remotest stretch of the imagination, but surely it's more complicated than that?

Personally, I don't see the need for full auto for home defense, give me a Mossberg over an AR15 any day, but it is a lot of fun at the range.

A binary trigger is not an “automatic” it allows for a fire and cycle on the pull and a fire and cycle on the release of the trigger.

A semi-auto only fires and cycles on the pull. The release does nothing but allow for a fire and cycle on the next pull.

A full-auto fires, cycles and fires and cycles, repeatedly while the trigger is pulled, it stops upon the release.

A bump stock is a semi-auto that takes advantage of the recoil to release the trigger just enough to cause a reset and pull without doing a definite pull and release. It simulates full auto but is not actually full auto.

Many rifles and handguns can be modified to simulate full auto. A couple of these modifications are highly illegal despite being more temporary and easier to add and remove than the binary trigger or bump stock (both are easy to apply and remove). What makes those modifications illegal is the level of efficiency of the simulation. The bump stock was only about 80%-85% efficient at firing multiple rounds. Some versions were better than others.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

You forgot about the Forced Reset Trigger packs. They effectively give the same feel, control, and cycle rate as full auto.

They are fun and expensive ATM to use due to ammo prices.

Your description of binary triggers is correct but they effectively function as two round bursts and can be used to almost meet the full auto cycle rate.

I like them because they are select-fire, unlike FRTs.

Both are legal and the FRT can be 3D printed.
edit on 29-5-2022 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Info. now says he had 1600 rounds of ammo. I wish I could afford to buy that much at one time.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The mass murderer's Grandmother has been upgraded to FAIR condition.

He shot her in the face: www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Interesting, I wonder who drove him to the gun store?

Would love to know how all these items were purchased and if he had "assistance" with this.

All very good questions.
That needed to be answered.

Who drove him to school if he didn't had a license?

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Still, the question is where did he get all the money for all of this stuff and I doubt he walked to the gun store.

I don't know many 18 year olds that are so poor they can't buy decent cloths that happen to save thousands for these kinds of purchases.

Holiday money from family members over the years , pawn stores.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 04:14 AM
link   
he had about $2000 on a debit card and used the card to buy everything.

he overcharged his debit card by about $2000 more as he knew he was not going to survive to have to pay the bank back.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

That's rather a large overdraft facility is it not for an 18 year old.

Would $2000 over the limit not need to be authorised by the bank?

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Quite a few maybes in there all the same.

Where did the teenage prostitution part come from, did you just pull that out of thin air, or has he got form for it?

Ive not seen the news this morning to catch up but i thought he crashed his vehicle into what resembled a ditch got out and then went into the school after being challenged outside the place?

Might well have been a premeditated planned attack all the same, after all he did not buy those two long guns for no reason, the crashed vehicle is what raises concern there.

Whatever his reasonings and motivations he's a horrible evil misguided little animal the world will not miss, good riddance to bad rubbish. Anybody that can shoot kids or other innocent people for no reason whatsoever doesn't deserve to breathe air.

And RIP to his poor victims.

Edit: here is a timeline of the shooting according to authorities.

edit on 30-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Quite a few maybes in there all the same.

Where did the teenage prostitution part come from, did you just pull that out of thin air, or has he got form for it?

Yeah. I did just pull that part out of thin air.

However, I have sometimes talked with victims of extreme abuse who just wanted to blow up and kill everyone they had known. Teenagers don't think it through sometimes.

Think everyone should know and empathize with their situation, when obviously most people aren't going to be able to guess what's up with them.

Our problem is the "empathy culture". The idea that everyone is entitled to be pitied and any failure of those around us to exert themselves to help is an assault. Move the goal posts far enough, and anyone who isn't a saint becomes a sinner. Smart people know to put limits on that thinking. Dumb people don't. That's why it's very dangerous to tell a dumb person that stuff.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 05:42 AM
link   

When they are killing kids in schools all the same bloodymarvelous or planning to my ability to empathize with their plight or cause goes right out the window.

I know people who have been molested and had some of the worst upbringings known to man, if you could call it that, and they still manage to get through the day without resorting to the mass murder of children.

The problem by my estimation is the likes of AR-15 and any other gun in the hands of lunatics and children.

I get that nobody is willing to budge regarding amendments to the second but the rules in place to reatard these types of people from being able to own, or purchase such military-grade hardware, seemingly at a drop of a hat, need to change or be enforced properly.

Proper background checks need to be carried out before people are allowed to own such firearms especially silly little 18-year-old boys, or girls for that matter.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I have not fired a FRT so I have no reference point of that experience. The Baretta 93R and 92FS (M9) are functionally the same other than that switch for three round burst of the 93R. Forward grip, enlarged trigger guard and removable arm brace are cosmetics for improved stability. Also the handgun that Robocop used due to the size of his gloves to fit his finger inside.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

He and the Buffalo shooter were corresponding in online chats with a person claimed to be an ex federal agent. Were they groomed? And there's this weird but confirmed military flight that landed in Uvalde and then flew off again. During the standoff. What was that about?

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I am reading a rumor about the school shooting.

It says it wasn't even a cop who killed the shooter but a parent that was a border patrol agent.

t.me...

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Because he was a far-right terrorist and a member of the fascist/islamist conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

When they are killing kids in schools all the same bloodymarvelous or planning to my ability to empathize with their plight or cause goes right out the window.

I know people who have been molested and had some of the worst upbringings known to man, if you could call it that, and they still manage to get through the day without resorting to the mass murder of children.

I don't sympathize with them when they cross the line.

If it was so bad for him, he should have just shot himself. Reduce the death count from 22, down to 1.

The problem by my estimation is the likes of AR-15 and any other gun in the hands of lunatics and children.

I get that nobody is willing to budge regarding amendments to the second but the rules in place to reatard these types of people from being able to own, or purchase such military-grade hardware, seemingly at a drop of a hat, need to change or be enforced properly.

Proper background checks need to be carried out before people are allowed to own such firearms especially silly little 18-year-old boys, or girls for that matter.

In reality, they should have to pass the ASVAB test, and prove that they would be fit to be admitted into the US Army.

The whole purpose of that test is to filter out people who have too little intelligence to be safely put in possession of a gun. So they don't harm their fellow soldiers.

Anyone who isn't mentally fit to serve in the US Army fails the definition of "well regulated militia"

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: infolurker

He and the Buffalo shooter were corresponding in online chats with a person claimed to be an ex federal agent. Were they groomed? And there's this weird but confirmed military flight that landed in Uvalde and then flew off again. During the standoff. What was that about?

Reminds me of an event in 2010 where a radicalized kid tried to set off a bomb in downtown Portland, OR.

Can read about it here.

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=The%20attempted%20main%20bombing%20took,city's%20annual%20Christmas%20tree%20lightin g.

He started off wanting to go work in Alaska to make some money so he could move to Yemen, and join a terrorist organization there.

By the time the FBI was done with him, their undercover agents had gotten him to plan to set off an actual bomb in a crowded area. They went out on a dry run with him out in the hills, and set off a real bomb as a test. Then gave him one that was set up not to work.

Point is: it's not like they haven't done things like this before. Maybe the kid's grandmother figured out what he was up to, so he improvised?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join