It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need gun control and LOTS of it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on May, 25 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Once again, a group of self-absorbed, megalomaniacal, sociopaths we call the democratic party are wringing their hands in glee over the deaths of children and adults so they can use it to their political advantage.

They want the citizens of this country disarmed so bad, they are willing to let… no… encourage more death and more mass shootings just to get what they want. They will lie, cheat, steal, pander, and be complicit in the murders of many, because the end justifies the means in their estimation.

On the other hand, we have a group of impotent, self-loathing, self-deprecating, “do-gooders” we call republicans, who want more than anything to stay in office and be the capitalists and opportunists they are and will pander to the lowest common denominator to get what they want, including bolstering the party of Marxism when they deem it advantageous. They “serve” under the guise of being the white hats.

When they have controlled the house and senate, they have miserably failed to enact common sense measures to give the American people the freedom and the tools to do what our constitution states in writing; to pursue life, liberty, and happiness without government overstepping its authority.

There are a minority of good people in both parties, but they are outnumbered by blood sucking leeches who have no other interest than to peer at their pocketbooks and further their agenda.

So what is the answer to stopping mass shootings and suicide runs by imbeciles who are indeed mentally unstable and have many thinking we need to focus on removing guns from them specifically? (Yet another exercise in futility that won’t solve anything).

I do not pretend to have all the answers, but our state and federal representatives have even less of a clue. What I do know is…

We need gun control and we need lots of it.

Get proper training with firearms and arm yourselves (In that order). Those who do not wish to own a firearm should still seek out training so you know what a firearm is, and is not. Real gun control isn’t more laws disarming the people. It’s mastering the tool you use to defend yourself, your family, and your property. It is being a responsible gun owner who is mindful of the safety of others. It is training your children with the knowledge you possess. It is knowing when it’s time to walk away, and when it’s time to “throw down”.

It is up to the American people to take back their country from the thugs in Washed-up DC and in their neighborhoods. Your government isn’t going to do it because they like things as they are. Fear works.

Don’t trade even one of your freedoms for perceived safety, because if you do, you’ll end up trading them all.
/rant

edit on 5/25/2022 by Klassified because: spacing

+7 more 
posted on May, 25 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Whereas I understand...you should be glad I'm next to you in the grocery store. Armed. Every second of every night and day.

If you think the type of weapon is an issue?

Everyone of you...go to your kitchen and throw out the knives. Then, your alcohol.....get rid of your cars, cycles etc....

Objects don't kill people...people kill people. In every home everywhere are a dozen different "weapons".

I will use mine not for sport, not to be cool, not to pretend to be L.E...but to be one to defend you n save your life...in that line.

It's not guns. We need more law abiding citizens to prepare to defend....and as long as the bad guys have guns...I will too.

Remember...Jesus saves. I'll save you n your kids too. With my 357 Magnum.

Concealed EDC since 1975.....

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   
We need common sense laws.....unfortunately... Congress is a cesspool of retards....elected by retarded Americans...over, and over, and over, and over............and over.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I get your post.

What we need is as much effort and money put into mental health assistance as the liberals do gun control.

I have a friend with a grandson who just may end up like the shooter.

Since they realized his issues at 7 years old they have had to shell out thousands per year on psychiatrists and meds trying to get his mental illness under control.

There is no where that will help families who can't afford the thousand upon thousands of dollars it takes to get these children and adults the help they need to not become mass murderers.

I still fear for my friend as her grandson has not improved and only seems to get worse even after multiple and years long therapy and trying different drugs, and lots of behavioral therapy by his parents. He is getting dangerous and soon will be adult sized as he failed Middle School because he simply refused to do any work. They went to a lawyer to try and get conservatorship over his health, as our state allows children at 14 to control their own health and conservatorship can not be applied for by his parents until he is 18. So between 14 and 18 he can refuse his meds, refuse mental health treatment and his parents can do nothing about it. They hope that he never finds out he can do this. It was instituted so girls could get abortions without the knowledge or consent of the parents, and look where the unintended consequences ended up.

His parents have looked into institutionalizing him but they can't afford it, in an institution that doesn't lock kids like him into rooms drugged into oblivion. Still even the institutions that drug people into zombies are very expensive and unaffordable for all but the upper middle class and rich.

In my youth liberal Democrats "freed" people from mental institutions and states gladly shut down state funded mental health institutions to save money.

Thanks to liberal Democratic laws passed when I was young, there are only a few options, all of which end up with people like my friend's grandson with acting out their mentally deranged desires and being killed in the process, killing others, or spending the rest of his life in jail. Making jails hell holes rather than places of rehabilitation.

edit on 5/25/22 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

What laws do you consider Common sense?

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   
A background check, 30 day wait, registration, especially at second hand gun shows and private transfer. Up the age to 21 unless a parent cosigns. Mandatory gun safety courses.

Eliminate cross state sales unless they get registered.

Problem is most peeps are paranoid some boogy man is gonna come steal there stuff which is never gonna happen.

And I am an avid gun owner before you start.

a reply to: Butterfinger

+5 more 
posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The recent Texas shooter had 2 brand new AR's with optics and ammo that was worth roughly $5k. He was dead broke. Those guns were not registered to him.

Can anyone explain how that seems to be the case for all these young school shooters??

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   

edit on 25-5-2022 by Sabretoothrabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
The recent Texas shooter had 2 brand new AR's with optics and ammo that was worth roughly $5k. He was dead broke. Those guns were not registered to him.

Can anyone explain how that seems to be the case for all these young school shooters??

MKUltra

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   

A background check, 30 day wait, registration, especially at second hand gun shows and private transfer. Up the age to 21 unless a parent cosigns. Mandatory gun safety courses.

Eliminate cross state sales unless they get registered.

I'm curious. What happens when you get all of these laws in place and it doesn't change anything? The 8% of violent crimes in this country committed with a firearm stays the same. Then what?

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Dunno, you got a link to back that statement up?

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabretoothrabbit
I get what you're saying but, you do realize it was a person with a gun who stopped this guy, right?

Maybe read the whole OP, because if you had, you wouldn't have made that post.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   

edit on 5/25/2022 by Klassified because: Mis-read. My bad.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: Sabretoothrabbit
I get what you're saying but, you do realize it was a person with a gun who stopped this guy, right?

Maybe read the whole OP, because if you had, you wouldn't have made that post.

Ha you're right! I didn't read the whole post. My attention span is only good for a few words. Sorry

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   

This should be the only answer. It's the number one reason why we dont have mass shootings here in the UK. Nothing wrong with owning guns, but theres a LOT wrong with how simply anyone can get guns over there.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Once again, a group of self-absorbed, megalomaniacal, sociopaths we call the democratic party are wringing their hands in glee over the deaths of children and adults so they can use it to their political advantage.

They want the citizens of this country disarmed so bad, they are willing to let… no… encourage more death and more mass shootings just to get what they want. They will lie, cheat, steal, pander, and be complicit in the murders of many, because the end justifies the means in their estimation.

On the other hand, we have a group of impotent, self-loathing, self-deprecating, “do-gooders” we call republicans, who want more than anything to stay in office and be the capitalists and opportunists they are and will pander to the lowest common denominator to get what they want, including bolstering the party of Marxism when they deem it advantageous. They “serve” under the guise of being the white hats.

When they have controlled the house and senate, they have miserably failed to enact common sense measures to give the American people the freedom and the tools to do what our constitution states in writing; to pursue life, liberty, and happiness without government overstepping its authority.

There are a minority of good people in both parties, but they are outnumbered by blood sucking leeches who have no other interest than to peer at their pocketbooks and further their agenda.

So what is the answer to stopping mass shootings and suicide runs by imbeciles who are indeed mentally unstable and have many thinking we need to focus on removing guns from them specifically? (Yet another exercise in futility that won’t solve anything).

I do not pretend to have all the answers, but our state and federal representatives have even less of a clue. What I do know is…

We need gun control and we need lots of it.

Get proper training with firearms and arm yourselves (In that order). Those who do not wish to own a firearm should still seek out training so you know what a firearm is, and is not. Real gun control isn’t more laws disarming the people. It’s mastering the tool you use to defend yourself, your family, and your property. It is being a responsible gun owner who is mindful of the safety of others. It is training your children with the knowledge you possess. It is knowing when it’s time to walk away, and when it’s time to “throw down”.

It is up to the American people to take back their country from the thugs in Washed-up DC and in their neighborhoods. Your government isn’t going to do it because they like things as they are. Fear works.

Don’t trade even one of your freedoms for perceived safety, because if you do, you’ll end up trading them all.
/rant

Well said ! While everything unravels in front of our eyes, the O'Biden administration wants to take away the right from the law-abiding citizen to acquire a firearm.....at any and all costs. Their great reset will not go smoothly if we are armed and unified. We do not need anymore gun-control laws....we may now be forced to protect all public schools with an armed guard presence.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Mysterioustranger jumping back in:

To add to my above comment, I see no real reason for assault type long arms in the gen. population.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   
We need another level added to the process to purchase a gun. That would be some sort of mental health screening process to determine if a person is in a healthy mental frame of mind to actually own a gun.
I’m pro 2nd amendment but not an avid gun owner.
I’ve gotten out of a lot of dicey circumstances just by having good situational awareness and using my wit.
I know a lot of legal gun owners that have questionable mental issues.

I believe there will be a time when there will be no need for personal gun ownership in the US but this is definitely not the time to ban guns due to the situation with a federal government run amok with a fake administration in power.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Good question. How do poor people normally get these things?

Shady deals, drug deals, gangs etc.

OR

He did have a job at Wendy's maybe he saved up for a long time and was planning this.

edit on 25-5-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   
No amount of training will be enough..
It does not change the fact that guns are easy to get, and there are lots around in USA.
And human is just human.. and even with training people do get mental breakdowns or unexpected social problems.
And some people is and going to use those guns to kill people.

And that good old American excuse by comparing guns with cars, knifes and pillows are just stupid and ignorant.
Better chance to run away or stop the act then stopping a guy with a combat rifle and gun.

Almost everyday there are school shootings in USA.. and the gun people are still steadfast convinced having more guns will solve the problem, even arming the teachers. What happens when the kids get a hold on the teachers gun ? you say training will prevent that, some yes.. but all ? no

<<   2  3  4 >>

join