It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkeypox, the Revenge of the Boomer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So it seems that Monkeypox has been around a good while. It really should be called Ratpox, or Rodentpox as that is where it comes from, but it was first discovered in monkeys that actually got it from rodents so hence the name. The thing about the poxes in general is they are all DNA based that have a very robust error correction processes to multiply the same every time, unlike RNA based viruses that do not have that, and so we see variants happening very quickly. I think with small pox there are only two variants in the last 30,000 years, as example.

Where the revenge of the boomer comes into play is if you have had the Smallpox vaccine then you are good to go with Monkeypox too, but that was stopped about 1970, so us 1960s children and before we have the Smallpox scar on our arms. The good news is Monkeypox has a very low transmission rate of less than R0 1 compared to lets say Omicom that can be RO 7 or 8. To get Monkeypox from another human you first need to have active blisters and then transmit it from the liquid in the blisters to another person, so a person is fully aware they have oozing blisters before they can pass it on and that is why it has a very low transmission rate.

Now with what is happening today with a wider spread in a number of countries it seems to be localized with gay men having sex and none have actually died, but it can still be a nasty thing to get with having oozing blisters that scab up and finally dry up and go away leaving scars. So, the majority of those getting it are gay men in the ages of 20 to 50. You older gay men have fun...lol

As far as the vaccine... It was approved years ago and is not mRNA based and very safe as it is an improvement over the original one used for Smallpox, so if it comes down to anyone looking at getting the vaccine it is about as safe as one can be, but is there really a need? Most likely not unless you are a young gay male who is active in an area with an outbreak.

Now this leads me to the final part in what happens when men who say they are straight come down with Monkeypox? I'm going to get my popcorn ready for when that happens.

Cheers

edit on 24-5-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 24 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I learned more about that disease from your comment than from several MSM articles.

Thank you.

Cheers

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Your question at the end is exactly what I was thinking about earlier, the scaring will become a 'stamp' saying "I am gay"... but since they keep telling us that it isn't a gay virus, or std... I'm sure we'll be seeing infected women pretty soon. Right?

btw, my boomer mom been bragging about her pox vax scar
, but I'm glad that she has 85% immunity though.

And oh, breaking news the last hour is that Moderna is making it's own Pox vaccine, no other details yet. Bet your a$$ it's an mrna vax...

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I don't get the men of have Gay Sex thing last i checked most females also partake in said sex . Is it just the gay guys do it more often I know some chicks that run the gamete also lol

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

I don't get the men of have Gay Sex thing last i checked most females also partake in said sex . Is it just the gay guys do it more often I know some chicks that run the gamete also lol

Ground zero was most likely a gay man. That is what happened with HIV where it was a gay flight attendant that had sex with like 600 other men to start the HIV pandemic of the 1980s.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Now this leads me to the final part in what happens when men who say they are straight come down with Monkeypox?

Just because they are straight it doesn't mean their boyfriend are.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2

Your question at the end is exactly what I was thinking about earlier, the scaring will become a 'stamp' saying "I am gay"... but since they keep telling us that it isn't a gay virus, or std... I'm sure we'll be seeing infected women pretty soon. Right?

btw, my boomer mom been bragging about her pox vax scar
, but I'm glad that she has 85% immunity though.

And oh, breaking news the last hour is that Moderna is making it's own Pox vaccine, no other details yet. Bet your a$$ it's an mrna vax...

I'm 62 so I own the term Boomer like a shield. I'm like yep you are right, I am a boomer what do you want to do about it? If we looked at HIV it was a male gay disease until sharing needles, blood supply, prostitutes that shared needles and people who were bi got it. I think it will be a while because the only thing going this time would be bi-men passing it to women and hopefully the woman seeing oozing blisters on the guys penis passes up on the sex.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Where the revenge of the boomer comes into play is if you have had the Smallpox vaccine then you are good to go with Monkeypox too, but that was stopped about 1970, so us 1960s children and before we have the Smallpox scar on our arms.

Are you saying the smallpox vaccine protects you for a lifetime?

edit on 24-5-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Just because they are straight it doesn't mean their boyfriend are.

I always forget in if you are getting it or giving it you can still be straight (prison sex doesn't count). Obviously if you do both you are gay.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   

if you have had the Smallpox vaccine then you are good to go with Monkeypox too

They quit vaccinating for smallpox because it was considered eradicated worldwide. The vaccine itself offers protection for 3-5 years according to some sources, or a lifetime according to others. lol

Smallpox was a contagious, disfiguring and often deadly disease that had affected humans for thousands of years. Naturally occurring smallpox was wiped out worldwide by 1980 — the result of an unprecedented global immunization campaign.
There are two forms of the smallpox virus. Variola major is the severe and most common form, with a more extensive rash and higher fever. Variola minor is a less common presentation, causing less severe disease, typically discrete smallpox, with historical death rates of 1% or less.[30] Subclinical (asymptomatic) infections with Variola virus were noted but were not common.[31] In addition, a form called variola sine eruptione (smallpox without rash) was seen generally in vaccinated persons. This form was marked by a fever that occurred after the usual incubation period and could be confirmed only by antibody studies or, rarely, by viral culture.[31] In addition, there were two very rare and fulminating types of smallpox, the malignant (flat) and hemorrhagic forms, which were usually fatal.

[en.wikipedia.org...]

According to the CDC:

To stay protected from smallpox, you should get booster vaccinations every 3 years.
After smallpox was eliminated from the world, routine vaccination against smallpox among the general public was stopped because it was no longer needed. However, because of concern that variola virus might be used as an agent of bioterrorism, the U.S. government has stockpiled enough smallpox vaccine to vaccinate everyone who would need it if a smallpox outbreak were to occur.

When there is NO smallpox outbreak, you should get the smallpox vaccine if you:

Are a lab worker who works with virus that causes smallpox or other viruses that are similar to it.
If you need long-term protection, you may need to get booster vaccinations regularly. To stay protected from smallpox, you should get booster vaccinations every 3 years.

When there IS a smallpox outbreak, you should get the smallpox vaccine if you:

Are directly exposed to smallpox virus. For example, if you had a prolonged face-to-face contact with someone who has smallpox.
If there is a smallpox outbreak, public health officials will say who else should get the vaccine. CDC works with federal, state, and local officials to prepare for a smallpox outbreak.

[www.cdc.gov...]

I can see a lot of fear factor being used to push some new vaccines on us, should the game plan require it.

I was vaccinated in my upper thigh to prevent an unsightly scar when I was an infant. I had to get another smallpox vaccine when I was 27 for a course I was taking, but didn't develop much of a reaction that time.; I didn't even get a scar from it.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Are you saying the smallpox vaccine protects you for a lifetime?

Yep... Yellow Fever vaccine is also a one shot for life.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

They quit vaccinating for smallpox because it was considered eradicated worldwide. The vaccine itself offers protection for 3-5 years according to some sources, or a lifetime according to others. lol

Actually that is incorrect. I believe the 3-5 years is maximum protection. 30 years later you are still 85%. Recently they updated Yellow Fever that was once every ten years to one shot for life. Now that I have had the vaccine 4 times they do this, so I guess I'm GTG.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Im in my 50's and still remember eating the sugar cubes and having that gun shot in my arm still got the scar .

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Surley a Bi guy can get it from a dude and passs to a women and pass to a st8 guy? a reply to: Xtrozero

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

Im in my 50's and still remember eating the sugar cubes and having that gun shot in my arm still got the scar .

The US stopped in 1971 I think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join