It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The “Schumann Resonance" and CERN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   
What is the Schumann Resonance?

Mother Earth’s natural heartbeat rhythm is the frequency of 7.83 Hz, also known as the “Schumann Resonance".
A 7.83 Hz frequency is an alpha/theta brainwave frequency in the human brain. Alpha/Theta brainwave frequency is relaxed, dreamy, sleepy state, that is also when cell regeneration and healing happens.
It is no surprise that people nowadays, especially in bigger cities, are unbalanced, irritated, reactive, angry and disease are rising in astronomical numbers. We live in the time of technology, with superficial wavelengths that disrupt the natural earth's frequency. Wifi, cell phones, and an array of electronics are part of our everyday lives. It is also why our bio-electromagnetic waves are out of balance. We are out of balance from Earth's electromagnetic frequency. For example, the frequency of radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation (what powers cell phones, tvs, radio etc) ranges from 30,000 Hz to 300 Billion Hz. That is a significant amount more than 7.83 Hz that the earth radiates. No wonder we are all out of balance and crave healing.

[www.drskinhealth.com...]

I'll be the first to admit that I don't fully understand CERN, the LHC or what they're really doing- but it's always left me with an uncomfortable feeling that scientists are playing with something very powerful that they don't understand much about. The following video link shows huge off-the-chart spikes of the Schumann Resonance during the recent activation of the LHC at CERN.

One of the comments on the video stood out:

Neural signaling in organisms has a natural bioelectric component. The human brain naturally entrains to cyclic external electromagnetic fields, in a process called electromagnetic brainwave entrainment. Before the industrial revolution the most significant source of these external fields was Schumann cavity resonance stimulated by lightning oscillating between the cloud base and the surface of the earth and ocean at the resonant frequency of the earth in the ULF EMF range at ~7.8hz. External application of this frequency which is directly between alpha and theta brainwave ranges is shown to induce relaxation, deeply meditative states, creativity, insight, and dreams. Lower frequencies in the delta range are associated with sleep, higher frequencies in the alpha beta and gamma ranges are associated with alertness, agitation, but also increased perception and learning. The human body is a naturally conductive electromagnetic dipole, any conductive dipole exposed to a magnetic field will begin to induce electric current along it's length.
In the human body this alters electrical potentials for nutrient and metabolic waste transportation across the lipid membrane of the cells exterior. This includes altering (reducing) the electrical potentials necessary for transport across the blood brain barrier, which is the brain's primary layer of protection from intoxication and pathogenesis.

I'm not sure what this means, other than nothing good. Just when you think things couldn't look more dour! Can somebody please tell me I'm just overreacting ?

edit on 100000055America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

Not sure what I did wrong with the link, but I'll post it here:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 100000055America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: eta link

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

When you click this form-field, this message will disappear.

A good reminder but the title and forum is not fitting

About Schumann resonance, I won't be the one linking the own thread in the 1st post but check out the Binaural Beat thread in Metaphysics forum, made by that damn duck again. It might resonate with a lot you have heard about that frequency and surprise, it's in that range of HZ that can produce effects through binaural beats.

Or any OTHER kind of resonation coupling with the body.
edit on 23.5.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I'm not very good at creating threads, messing up more often than not. I somehow managed to get it posted before adding content.

Just be thankful you don't see many threads from me.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   

"I'll be the first to admit that I don't fully understand CERN, the LHC or what they're really doing- but..."

Strong start!

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure but I think this might be what Tesla was allegedly trying to harness at Wardencliffe Tower. At least it sure sounds like it to me.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DragonsDemesne
I'm not sure but I think this might be what Tesla was allegedly trying to harness at Wardencliffe Tower. At least it sure sounds like it to me.

Pretty sure Tesla was trying to harness electricity, but I could be wrong.

@chr0naut- That's why I asked for input on the subject, not an assessment of my writing skills- or lack of. Did you have any thoughts pertaining to the subject matter, or just wanted to do a drive by snarking?

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
What is the Schumann Resonance?
[www.drskinhealth.com...]

I'm not sure what this means, other than nothing good. Just when you think things couldn't look more dour! Can somebody please tell me I'm just overreacting ?
Why would you post a description from a dubious source like www.drskinhealth.com instead of say, wikipedia or one of the reliable sources in Wikipedia?

I have no problem with the Wikipedia explanation of Schumann resonance but your source looks like crackpottery to me.

Not sure what I did wrong with the link, but I'll post it here:
www.youtube.com...
Put just the number after the equals sign in the ATS link, not the whole URL like you did, though that video is complete trashy nonsense, there's no link between CERN and Schumann resonance I know of.

Anyway there's a sort of "resonant cavity" formed by the Earth's atmosphere, and when lightning strikes, the EM from that (ElectroMagnetic radiation) resonates in the cavity, that's pretty much it. That's interesting from a scientific perspective but the main concern about lightning and health is, don't get struck by lightning, it's bad for your health and can kill you. Some people have allegedly died even from a strike very close to them, the surrounding EM field may have been powerful enough to stop their heart, though I'm not sure if that's really confirmed.

But most lightning strikes are far enough away you don't have to worry about the EM from them normally, and that's what we are generally talking about with Schumann resonances.

Skeptoid's article has perhaps 200 million times more credibility than the source you cited, probably more:

Facts and Fiction of the Schumann Resonance

Lightning is constantly flashing all around the world, many times per second; and each bolt is a radio source. This means our atmosphere is continuously resonating with a radio frequency of 7.83 Hz, along with progressively weaker harmonics at 14.3, 20.8, 27.3 and 33.8 Hz. These are the Schumann resonances. It's nothing to do with the Earth itself, or with life, or with any spiritual phenomenon; it's merely an artifact of the physical dimensions of the space between the surface of the Earth and the ionosphere. Every planet and moon that has an ionosphere has its own set of Schumann resonances defined by the planet's size.
A very important point to be aware of is that this resonated radio from lightning is a vanishingly small component of the electromagnetic spectrum to which we're all naturally exposed.

So maybe you should worry more about the fact that most people don't follow the manufacturer's instructions to leave some space between the cell phone and your head...you probably get lots more EM radiation from that than you ever will from Schumann resonances. Don't mash the phone up against your head, if you want something related to electromagnetic energy to worry about, follow the manufacturer's instructions to leave a gap. I wouldn't worry about Schumann resonances, listen to or read the Skeptoid podcast.

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: DragonsDemesne

Pretty sure Tesla was trying to harness electricity, but I could be wrong.
Tesla was trying to transmit electricity using a very flawed concept of longitudinal electromagnetic waves, which do not exist in free space as Tesla incorrectly theorized. So that's why his Wardenclyffe tower was a failure and apparently gave him a nervous breakdown. This is Tesla's own sketch of the concept which was doomed to fail because "Tesla's Wireless Transmission Theory" mentioned in the diagram is an incorrect theory.

Of course Tesla had done other things earlier in his life that were very successful, in engineering, but he wasn't a very good physicist; many of his ideas about physics were wrong.

edit on 2022524 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Thank you for your informative response.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

"I'll be the first to admit that I don't fully understand CERN, the LHC or what they're really doing- but..."

Strong start!

helpful reply,aye?

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

originally posted by: chr0naut

Strong start!

helpful reply,aye?

My reply was sarcastically pointing out that the OP said, basically, that they knew nothing about the topic, but that they were going to give us all their opinion, anyway.

I just thought it was worth a bit of silliness in response.

new topics

top topics

join