It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of Body true story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Just wanted to share a interesting story I came across the other day , A couple was shopping for a new home and came across one that they loved but the Man's Wife knew everything about the home like she had been there many times . Now the strange part when the home owner met the couple she said "It's you" You are the ghost that has been haunting this house .

I believe the woman said that she had been dreaming about the house that's why she knew everything about it .

I wish i could find the article again . it's very intriguing how the home owner recognized her as the "ghost" .

it's a true story whats your thoughts ATS ?

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Never heard of a story quite like that but as for Ghosts of living people they are a known phenomena that has occurred and if you do a search for ghost's, doppelgangers and apparitions of living people you will find plenty of results.

Still this one would make a great basis for a book though it is far more common for people to be familiar with OLD buildings they have never been to before than for them to be familiar with new ones, this other version is usually related or interpreted to people's believe in possible reincarnation etc or in there ability to pick up on memory's that exist in a place similar to a form of psychometry (A phenomena that was popular in the 1800's and is in some ways very similar to remote viewing albeit of an objects past and future, it was very popular among the public many of whom tried to practice it themselves trying to read the past and future of objects such as keepsakes etc).

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
I think the couple wanted a new house for them, doesn't mean the house isn't old.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Sounds like Saturn Return causing a Deja Vu.

Me wonders, if the same could be said about Shadow People, although from what said in the OP. He had fully seen her said ghost in detail, while Shadow folk are completely opaque.

I've heard one shadow folk sounded like it needed the bathroom really bad. So maybe some sort of glitch in the matrix with particle wave duality with Carbon like features while the planets get aligned or some jazz.
edit on 23-5-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
I totally agree. I have multiple interactions with people, well arguments really, about me being in places I've never been. I believe I have a Doppelganger because people swear on their lives it was me they were interacting with. BUT, also I have Deja Vu moments when I've been to places I've never been to before and know the buildings and area. It's very disquieting in those moments.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
That's a very fascinating story. I believe such experiences can (and do) occur. These events are hard to even explain, much less study at a scientific level. We often refer to such an experience as "just a dream".
On a somewhat related note, I had a strange "dream" a few months ago. It was a true out-of-body or astral projection experience. In the 'dream' I was at my childhood home. Looking at my surroundings, I knew it wasn't just a dream. I was there! In the house! I loved the house and have many happy memories of it. My room was on the 2nd floor. In the dream, I was at the top of the stairs, in my room, looking down into the living room. The house was somewhat dark, as if it were early evening. I floated down the stairs, and then moved through the house, from room to room, floating about 4-5 feet above the floor.

I have no doubt that I was there, in the house. When I woke up, I "knew" I had been at the house. I wonder if the people who live there would have seen anything or felt my presence. It also made me realize that we have a non-physical 'body' that is not bound by space or distance!

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

it's a true story whats your thoughts ATS ?

Possibly; they're called 'dream walkers'. Something similar has happened in my life on occasion.
I've had friends where something traumatic has happened in their life that I've fallen asleep thinking words of encouragement, which continued into the dream state. When I next see them, they report me coming to them in a dream, and the spooky part is their retelling of everything I said- which matches my thoughts exactly.

I've come to think these things aren't 'supernatural'; just a part of human abilities that we don't understand yet.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

So you are telling me ghosts are not spirits of dead things.. but people doing out of body stuff.
Cool theory. But if true it would be fairly easy to confirm it by having a out of body able person do some "ghosting" around in a pre planned location, and let all kind of fancy cameras, lasers and all the ghost tools in the world be in that area.

Why not try it out... after all there is 1 million dollar reward if someone can prove it
www.wired.com...
edit on 23-5-2022 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Yeah but not sure you get to select or even know when how and where or why .

It would be cool if you could control it "I'm going to johnny's house tonight and mess with him"

I'm interested in the fact that you have 2 self's one meat and bone the other your true self .

And yes according to the story some ghost just could be living apparitions I agree with nugget1 this is something we all can do we just don't know how . Lost knowledge ?

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I was expecting another hokey story but this one was really good, thanks for sharing.
I have OOBEs almost every night, some really intense. Been having them for years. Sometimes I "wake up" in another bedroom somewhere in timbuk-nowhere and float around it. It's incredibly intense and sometimes feels more "Real" than being awake, amazing what the human brain is capable of. It's a wonder.
I never believed any of it was spiritual or paranormal in nature. Maybe our minds are more connected to spacetime around us than we yet understand.
Some studies have been performed (besides the government remote viewing stuff) that tried to explain it but it's all incomplete. See gizmodo.com... and I quote,

The fMRI showed a "strong deactivation of the visual cortex" while "activating the left side of several areas associated with kinesthetic imagery," which includes mental imagery of bodily movement. This is the part of the brain that makes it possible for us to interact with the world. It's what makes you feel where your body is in relation to the world.

If you read the whole study you'll get a hard skeptic vibe from it, but it is an interesting take.

Part of the big misunderstanding of "paranormal" phenomena is the fact that we just don't know a whole lot about the world around us yet, especially those things which simply cannot be prodded with the physical stick of science. Just because we don't understand it doesn't mean it has to be ghosts.
Although it could be....

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

Yeah but not sure you get to select or even know when how and where or why .

It would be cool if you could control it "I'm going to johnny's house tonight and mess with him"

I'm interested in the fact that you have 2 self's one meat and bone the other your true self .

And yes according to the story some ghost just could be living apparitions I agree with nugget1 this is something we all can do we just don't know how . Lost knowledge ?

Yes, as I said... it have to be preplanned with a person that claim to have this ability and can control it.

It could be something as simple as putting a "secret object" inside a sealed off room, and then the out of body person would go to that room and look what the object is and tell to the guy that put it there.

Or you could put a big banner on top of a building, place it facing up and write a secret word on it.
And tell the out of body person to fly up there and look down and see what it say.

That idea I got from a story about a near death patient that could describe the top of the roof of the hospital without being there physical.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   

She was dreaming about the place , She was seen as a apparition there , Then she ended up there physically . Isn't that some type of time travel or dimensional projection ?

Wouldn't that also make it pre-determined ?
edit on 23-5-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

She was dreaming about the place , She was seen as a apparition there , Then she ended up there physically . Isn't that some type of time travel or dimensional projection ?

Wouldn't that also make it pre-determined ?

Absolutely, next step would surely try and recreate it.. and prove she can see inside locked places.
Would be fairly easy to do a simple test, if not she have run out of mana now

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

If the matrix is as pervasive as some seem to think, I'm going to try an experiment and visit someone in this thread. If successful, I'll report back. Sort of a "men who stare at goats" with a little dream dust sprinkled in.

edit on 23-5-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Thought I saw a random olaru12 in my kitchen this AM.

Stop stealing my sprouted grain bread!

top topics

join