It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams that don’t feel like Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   
For the last month I’ve been having dreams that are so dramatic, so filled with details, they don’t seem like dreams at all.
They seem very real, or at the very least me remembering things…

Last night I had a dream that I was the owner of an extremely large and old estate.
We aren’t talking 4 bedroom type of deal, we are talking like a 50 bedroom type of place.

I was giving a “friend” a tour of the place and we walked up some stairs and there was a very small landing. I told this friend how
Many people love to jump from that landing to another and how many have gotten hurt over the years, I laughed. I knew all the rooms intimately even though the place was enormous.

The night before I had a dream that I was out with friends at a small cafe. Oddly, everyone had the ability to levitate. We all had it so it was no big deal. Somehow in this dream I knew it was a dream. So here’s the cool part. We were getting stuff from this cafe, and I couldn’t see everything in the pastry display, so I levitated and went up so I could look over. When we were done we wanted to shop, so instead of walking we quickly levitated down the street. It was very second nature to us. When I woke up I thought it was so cool and I thought about the ability to levitate and I think humans do have it but we block it.

Last dream, this I don’t remember. My husband said I have been really sleep talking and I asked him if he could see “the circles?”
I don’t remember anything at all. Here is what I do remember.

Two mornings in a row I woke up with the smell of wind in my hair. When I say wind I mean the smell of ozone. I absolutely hate that smell. I actually looked around in my room to make sure a window was opened and that there wasn’t anything that could have caused it. Nope, it was just me. This creeped me out a bit and I don’t want to look it up because I’m afraid of what I’ll find out.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Been having vivid wild dreams myself recently.

As for strange smell and wind in your hair, sounds like you woke yourself up farting, too much info tbh.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Been having vivid wild dreams myself recently.

As for strange smell and wind in your hair, sounds like you woke yourself up farting, too much info tbh.

Was waiting for someone to make that wind comment. No it was not flatulence.

You know when it is a windy day and you go for a jog and there is that ozone smell. That is the scent I’m talking about.
It smells similar to static electricity but worse.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I hate those realistic dreams, where you wake up and you are disappointed they aren't what has really happened. The only in-depth immersive ones I seem to have though are about my daughters and me trapped in a swamp full of saltwater crocodiles.

Or my Dad who has passed away for 5 plus years, and I can never see him up close but at a distance, or I can hear his voice or inflection without hearing the words, does that make sense? ie I know it's him, but I can never see or hear him clearly. It's frustrating I don't know how to get more clarity, even though they do seem to be getting closer and closer. Of course, then there are the far-out theories dreams are humans tapping into a lost 3rd eye ability or astral projection.

What weirds me out is when you dream of somebody you barely knew of or talked to completely insignificant your life, yet here it is 40 years later and they pop up in a dream, but that does line up with the brain just clearing nodes of useless info. Defragging your brain perhaps.

Came across this article a while back it seems pertinent to the discussion.

www.healthline.com...

Brain scientists aren’t sure why humans dream in the first place, but they think it has something to do with memory.

Dreaming might help the brain eliminate any unnecessary information or memories while processing and storing what’s important. Some people feel more refreshed after having slept and dreamed, even if they do not remember dreaming.

People are most likely to remember the last dream they’ve had in their sleep cycle. But it’s possible to remember a vivid dream long after it’s occurred if it seemed very intense.

Vivid dreams can be positive or negative, realistic or fantasy. Scientists know that most heavy dreaming occurs during rapid eye movement (REM) sleep. REM sleep normally cycles every 90 minutes during a night of sleep and may last 20 to 25 minutes.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Maybe it's a rare case of sleep-farting...

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
the wakeful you is bringing too much vivid stimuli to the 'dream' studio-of-the-mind

the 50 room mansion might well be a representation of your 'body' and all it's intricate systems

the levitation might be from interest in the Super-Hero movie fare in our shared reality

i don't see your dream state visiting other "Universes or realities'

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

the levitation might be from interest in the Super-Hero movie fare in our shared reality

I doubt that, I have zero interest in super hero movies.

the 50 room mansion might well be a representation of your 'body' and all it's intricate systems

That's interesting, and quite possible.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Back to the Future hoverboard ?

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Lucid dreaming is a serious ride for some people. I love the ride personally.

I always look for clues like someone saying your name, then i look at my hands and try to clap loudly to see if i hear it in the dream.

Odd you mention levitation, since ALL of my lucid dreams involve levitation and esp flying. I tend to be the only one flying tho, and have tons of fun doing so. Also most locations in my lucid dreams are giant maze-like combinations of places from my childhood, and they keep reoccurring with slight twists. Sometimes I'm driving someplace that's ALWAYS going to take 2 days? Sometimes I'm on a boat, that once the dream goes lucid, I can levitate the boat as well.

I ran out of melatonin a week ago so I haven't been dreaming as much lately.

Thanks for sharing

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Mansion:
To dream that you are in a mansion where there is a haunted chamber, denotes sudden misfortune in the midst of contentment.

To dream of being in a mansion, indicates for you wealthy possessions.

To see a mansion from distant points, foretells future advancement.

Flying:
To dream of flying high through a space, denotes marital calamities.

To fly low, almost to the ground, indicates sickness and uneasy states from which the dreamer will recover.

To fly over muddy water, warns you to keep close with your private affairs, as enemies are watching to enthrall you.

To fly over broken places, signifies ill luck and gloomy surroundings. If you notice green trees and vegetation below you in flying, you will suffer temporary embarrassment, but will have a flood of prosperity upon you.

To dream of seeing the sun while flying, signifies useless worries, as your affairs will succeed despite your fears of evil.

To dream of flying through the firmament passing the moon and other planets; foretells famine, wars, and troubles of all kinds.

To dream that you fly with black wings, portends bitter disappointments. To fall while flying, signifies your downfall. If you wake while falling, you will succeed in reinstating yourself.

For a young man to dream that he is flying with white wings above green foliage, foretells advancement in business, and he will also be successful in love. If he dreams this often it is a sign of increasing prosperity and the fulfilment of desires. If the trees appear barren or dead, there will be obstacles to combat in obtaining desires. He will get along, but his work will bring small results.

For a woman to dream of flying from one city to another, and alighting on church spires, foretells she will have much to contend against in the way of false persuasions and declarations of love. She will be threatened with a disastrous season of ill health, and the death of some one near to her may follow.

For a young woman to dream that she is shot at while flying, denotes enemies will endeavor to restrain her advancement into higher spheres of usefulness and prosperity.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
For the last month I’ve been having dreams that are so dramatic, so filled with details, they don’t seem like dreams at all.
They seem very real, or at the very least me remembering things…

Last night I had a dream that I was the owner of an extremely large and old estate.
We aren’t talking 4 bedroom type of deal, we are talking like a 50 bedroom type of place.

I was giving a “friend” a tour of the place and we walked up some stairs and there was a very small landing. I told this friend how
Many people love to jump from that landing to another and how many have gotten hurt over the years, I laughed. I knew all the rooms intimately even though the place was enormous.

I'm not the only one. Typically I am helping a new arrival settle in/work through some issue. The grass is green but shimmers like the ocean, and no matter how far I can see, the property never ends; like a kaleidoscope.

"My father's house has many rooms"

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
..."Dad who has passed away for 5 plus years, and I can never see him up close but at a distance, or I can hear his voice or inflection without hearing the words, does that make sense?"...

Father:
To dream of your father, signifies that you are about to be involved in a difficulty, and you will need wise counsel if you extricate yourself therefrom.

If he is dead, it denotes that your business is pulling heavily, and you will have to use caution in conducting it.

For a young woman to dream of her dead father, portends that her lover will, or is, playing her false.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sleep and dreams are really quite fascinating to me.

We have your typical sleep and dreams, which is essentially our neurology unpacking a bunch of random crap and resetting some connections.

We have the vivid dreams, which seem "more real than real," I guess you could say.

And then we have lucid dreams, where we become aware that we are dreaming.

Personally, I believe that the latter two are actually interacting with some sort of technology. Then again, I am also the type to believe that many, many spiritual experiences are the same. Some I expect is just an unintended byproduct of our own tech interacting with our biology. However, I think that lucid dreams in particular are interacting with technology that we didnt create.

Fun hypothesis at the very least..

Most dont seem interested, but you can do a lot more in lucid dreams than just float/fly around (though that does tend to be the most common). If you can remember next time, try making a table & chair and then go from there.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yep, definitely have those dreams, too! One place I repeatedly go back to is so real that I've entertained the idea that I'm along for a ride while "eavesdropping someone's cosmic cordless house phone call" (and everyone under 30 just went, "You're what?")

I'm not entirely unconvinced there isn't some kind of unintentionally voyeuristic Spooky Action At A Distance-ish mechanism for long-distance inadvertent peeking.

Other places that make me consider that:

-- Topographic maps & Bird's Eye flyovers of habitable planets that ain't in our system (context is mining & settlement scouting/surveying)

-- A "homeworld" for that mining employee that is majority-islands. There's some small continents, but I got the impression Australia would dwarf any of them. And this place has surprisingly shallow & calm water in most stretches, you can walk between places in only knee-deep, impossibly clear water. And I mean like walking between a barrier island & the mainland here if you could, kind of stuff. Or just swim, I got around a lot by walking or swimming between islands. It was such a weird way of transit/life, but it really felt very natural there.

-- Another place all together that uses a transporter system hidden in big-ass pretty (but somehow very rare) kinds of various stones stuffed in a circular raised stone planter (think the kind you sit on in parks) in the middle of a nice little park atea.
Want to go from your home in the rainy, overcast, chilly mountains to a nice warm beach locale? Scurry over to your local Transport Stone, touch it, and voila -- enjoy your day.

*Do not do this during transport stone system maintenance hours, or who the hell knows where you end up. It can take days to get back, and you're supposed to know this already so you don't make a fool out of yourself (precautionary signage is not a thing)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm not entirely unconvinced there isn't some kind of unintentionally voyeuristic Spooky Action At A Distance-ish mechanism for long-distance inadvertent peeking.

YES this is exactly what it felt like!!!!!!!!
It wasn’t at all spooky for me though, I felt right at home in all the dreams!

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I know exactly the smell you mean. Your description did give me a giggle tho, definitely an excuse that i'll store in the locker for the future.

Husband - "Did you just fart in bed babe?"

Wife - "No it's ozone in the atmosphere i swear."

Husband - "Why is it becoming stronger the closer i move to your ass?"

top topics

join