It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa Terrorist Convicted of 4 Counts of Attempted Manslaughter Gets No Prison Time

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Just wow.

And leftist wonder why the normal citizens proclaim (factually that is) that there is extreme pro-leftist bias in the MSM, courts, district attorneys offices, etc.

This lowlife is getting the same get out of jail free card as we see with other "approved by the Democrats" criminal activities like arson, property damage, assaults, etc.

This is really almost unbelievable. A normal person doing this "outside of a sanctioned DNC riot" would be in prison.

Antifa Terrorist Convicted of 4 Counts of Attempted Manslaughter for Shooting at Driver Trying to Flee Rioters — Gets NO Prison Time — Shot and Injured 2 Fellow Protesters

www.thegatewaypundit.com... -time-shot-injured-2-fellow-protesters/

One family in a vehicle attempted to drive through the crowd of protesters that were walking on I-225 in Aurora, Colorado. That’s when an angry protester pulled out a gun and started shooting. The terrorist shot other protesters while trying to shoot the driver of the car.

This was attempted murder in broad daylight captured on video.

At least two protesters were hit or grazed by bullets as the fellow “protester” tried to shoot the driver. There were multiple gunshots directed at the car, but the people inside did not appear to be injured.

Samuel Young was later found guilty on four counts of attempted murder.

But Samuel will not have to serve any time for attempted murder.

ngo.locals.com...

Colorado Antifa shooter Samuel Young, who was convicted of four counts of attempted manslaughter when he shot at a driver trying to flee rioters on the highway in Aurora, was sentenced this week to no prison time. He received only five years of probation instead of the six years in prison that the prosecution sought. He had faced a maximum of 16 years in prison under sentencing guidelines.

On July 25, 2020, far-left extremists from a local communist group shut down the I-225 highway in Aurora. A driver who tried escaping from the mob was fired at five times by Young. His shots missed the driver but two of his comrades were injured.

At his trial in March this year, Young was also convicted of two counts of second-degree assault and one count of illegal discharge of a firearm. He received a 90-day and 30-day county jail sentence for those convictions, respectively.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Sounds like he was just "standing his ground".

Nothing wrong with that, is there?

I guess it's whose point of view that matters.

+18 more 
posted on May, 22 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

"Standing his ground" while obstructing traffic on a major thoroughfare and firing a weapon at a car full of unarmed civilians including children.

+3 more 
posted on May, 22 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Clearly you have no idea what that law generally entails or the stipulations of any mortally threatening scenario.

Possibly the most moronical thing I have read on this site to date. I don't know if you're having a bad day, but your posts typically aren't this asinine to my recollection. We are all dumber having read your input, stay on the porch next time.

+4 more 
posted on May, 22 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Asinine.

Really.

You're not even trying to make sense anymore.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

where does it say he is from antifa? and why in god's name can anyone (even mentally unstable or violent people) walk around with a loaded potentially lethal weapon in america?

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: loufo

where does it say he is from antifa? and why in god's name can anyone (even mentally unstable or violent people) walk around with a loaded potentially lethal weapon in america?

Please define 'potentialy lethal weapon' just to be clear. For me this can include everything from a vehicle to a pencil, and many other things. Do you carry keys? You can potentially kill someone with them.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AstroDog

Clearly you have no idea what that law generally entails or the stipulations of any mortally threatening scenario.

Possibly the most moronical thing I have read on this site to date. I don't know if you're having a bad day, but your posts typically aren't this asinine to my recollection. We are all dumber having read your input, stay on the porch next time.

he made a sarcastic comment on a propagandistic thread, i guess. define moronic.
much more interesting would be the question, what exactly this (already old?) story is supposed to tell me.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Actually, he wasn't and that's why he was convicted of 4 counts of attempted manslaughter. However, a lenient leftist judge only gave him probation instead of the 6 years the prosecution wanted. Did you even read the OP?

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
in doing some research trying to leverage non-biased sources, which TGP and the blog being used are clearly not, some additional items help give context behind the ruling.

The man who shot two people while aiming at a Jeep that drove into a crowd of protesters on Interstate 225 in the summer of 2020 was sentenced Tuesday to 120 days in jail followed by five years probation.

www.denverpost.com...

The Judge on the sentence.

You have no criminal history, you’re a young person, you are well educated, you have a history of helping others, you are needed at home, and you shot wholly indiscriminately into a crowd of hundreds of people,” said the judge in court before reading the sentence.

denver.cbslocal.com...

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

Please define 'potentialy lethal weapon' just to be clear. For me this can include everything from a vehicle to a pencil, and many other things. Do you carry keys? You can potentially kill someone with them.

but we don't go to war with pens or keys.

in germany, everyone who wants to own a gun needs a gun license and gun ownership card (not easy to get). in public, the gun must not be loaded and there must be a reason to carry the gun in public. exceptions are police officers, soldiers and bodyguards (i think). but of course there are illegal guns. but compared to america, if you look at the murder rates, germany is heaven. could be due to our gun laws.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Standing your ground while trying to kill someone who is trying to get away from you and not attacking you at all. Big surprise that idea came from you.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

shot wholly indiscriminately into a crowd of hundreds of people

But he is well educated, so no jail time for the attempted murder convictions.

He called Young’s actions “horrific,” and said he struggled to find the appropriate sentence.

The Jeep driver, who pulled off the highway and contacted police after the shooting, was not criminally charged.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
He probably had money for a lawyer, money is about the only determining factor in U.S. justice

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Criminals are no longer prosecuted.
The Justice people are too busy persecuting the Innocent.

Meanwhile, Trump supporters rot in prison for walking into the Capitol on Jan 6..........

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

in germany, everyone who wants to own a gun needs a gun license and gun ownership card (not easy to get).

Oh come on, 12 times in 12 months regular or 18 times in 12 months irregular... you need to drag yourself to the shooting club... Then do a little test on a 5th grader level and you're good.

It is easy to get if you're not convicted or mentally ill. It's not hard to get at all. And please explain what a "gun license" is. You need a gun ownership card to own, store and transport it. A gun license is something completely different.

Please do not educate foreigners about our gun laws when you don't know them.
edit on 22.5.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Asinine.

Really.

You're not even trying to make sense anymore.

Did this guy ever make any sense to begin with?

Constant drive-by commentary consisting of 2-3 sentences that invariably politicize any thread he posts in, many times devoid of any fact/basis in reality. For instance, when he claimed COVID restrictions had been lifted in schools here in Connecticut, when in fact there were several weeks left before those restrictions were to be ended (proof positive that this guy has no business posting in threads related to family/child/education issues because he's talking out of his ass on that subject).

On the subject of Antifa in Colorado: wasn't Denver the site of the murder of a Trump protestor by an Antifah sympathizer hired by a "journalist" who was wandering around a demonstration, in an attempt to rake some muck and stir up trouble?

This sounds like another Antifa data point from that city.

I used to live in Denver, and found it to be a great city, but seems like nowadays it is trending in the Portland/Seattle direction. Sad really.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Anyone who shoots at children should be hanged.

# this guy.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

but we don't go to war with pens or keys.

in germany, everyone who wants to own a gun needs a gun license and gun ownership card (not easy to get). in public, the gun must not be loaded and there must be a reason to carry the gun in public. exceptions are police officers, soldiers and bodyguards (i think). but of course there are illegal guns. but compared to america, if you look at the murder rates, germany is heaven. could be due to our gun laws.

Question:

Do you not see irony of politicians harping on the need for tighter restrictions on guns (such as in your "heaven" and also here in the U.S.), and downplaying the utility of firearms for personal restrictions, while those politicians spread their gospel of peace and love and disarmament....all while surrounded by a phalanx of armed security?

Sooooo.....if I give up my pistols....do I then receive a bodyguard to protect myself and my family?

Or is that just a luxury afforded to the wealthy and politically connected?

This sounds like another example of a long list of "Rules for thee but not for me" philosophy.

I have nothing against your "heaven". but that model might work for your situation, your context, and I'm glad you find it to be successful, but that says nothing about how it would work here in the U.S., in a totally different context.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
The Judge on the sentence.

You have no criminal history, you’re a young person, you are well educated, you have an account of helping others, you are needed at home, and you shot wholly indiscriminately into a crowd of hundreds of people,” said the judge in court before reading the sentence.

denver.cbslocal.com...

Dang, if that's all the requirements you need to get away with attempted murder, I'm shocked we don't see it more often. Sorry, you commit a crime with a firearm; you should receive the maximum punishment. Maybe that would deter some of these morons that think discharging a gun isn't a big deal.

I could have used these criteria to get away with a lot when I was younger, but then again, since I am well educated, I know better than do something so idiotic.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join