It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“This Is Going to Make 1932 Look Like a Church Picnic”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
That was funny ! I needed that a reply to: lordcomac

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

It is the Democrat health initiative.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Fastest way to balance things

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

(post by ManBehindTheMask removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Fastest way to balance things

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

Okay, but I get to choose.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   
As a gen x’er I would like to say I speak fluent spanish and I will hightail it to central america if that happens and live by the beach and sell tacos, soup and coffee from my hut.

I’m ready. I got it all wired.

Taco, soup and coffee hut. That’s all I need.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   

If you don't know the system and the methods to prosper in the coming inflationary period then I don't know what to tell you except "do a little research"

Here, I'll help get you started.

wealthanize.com...

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance
We will be alright in the long run, our ancestors made it through the "Great depression" that lasted from 1929, through 1939. Just don't jump out of a highrise building's windows 👍
And then they had to face WW2

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
"The sky is falling!"

"The sky is falling!"

That may be true, it may not, but for today, I'm just going to enjoy the sultry warm weather and we're having BBQ steak for dinner.

Followed by a horror movie and a good night's sleep.

Doom and gloom? Perhaps. Just not today.

While I do understand the sentiment, I worry about those who are neighbors and think this way.
I have numerous people in the neighborhood starting forts time gardens and filling water tanks and buying emergency items...
and then there are a few like right next door. I wonder if they will be coming over and asking for help?

edit on 21-5-2022 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance
We will be alright in the long run, our ancestors made it through the "Great depression" that lasted from 1929, through 1939. Just don't jump out of a highrise building's windows 👍

Did they send 40 Billion to someone else while the country went hungry I wonder?
Did they have expensive luxury busses and airplanes flying in illegals and then paying their medical and living expenses with taxpayer $$?

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

That is correct, no one is forcing anyone to reply to threads they disagree with. For the sake of freedoms of speech and the prevention of the creation of echo chambers, it's important for people to reply to threads they disagree with.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

"The sky is falling!"

"The sky is falling!"

That may be true, it may not, but for today, I'm just going to enjoy the sultry warm weather and we're having BBQ steak for dinner.

ruining a good steak with BBQ sauce
sacrilege !

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

The only thing that would go onto a steak is onions or herb butter.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It seems like we might have managed to pull out of this pandemic-driven nosedive right before it totally collapsed the world economy. But that doesn't mean it did no damage, it seems very clear we are going through an economic downturn which is much worse than what occurred in '08, and the effects are much more real, we can see shortages and sky high prices all over the globe.

That is why I do find it some what annoying when I see people acting like everything is perfectly fine, it's like do you even have a sense of empathy? Even before the pandemic hit many people were struggling to get by from day to day, now we have some commodities which are rising in cost at an astronomic rate. For people who are already counting each dollar, it must be overwhelming.

And isn't it ironic how it seems to be mostly leftists acting like everything is fine and dandy... because they don't want to acknowledge the horrific level of damage caused by their reckless response to the pandemic. I'm in fairly secure position, I'm not counting each dollar, yet I'm constantly stressed out because I know people who are and I have a working sense of empathy.

At no point throughout this pandemic did I ever oppose lock-downs for personal reasons. I don't have any businesses which can be shut down. I don't leave my house very often so the lock-downs barely affected me at all. And I have enough savings to survive a couple of years of lock-downs. I don't have any children, so the online schooling thing doesn't effect me.

Yet I still fervently argued against the business lock-downs and school lock-downs. I strongly opposed "curfews" which only allowed people to leave their home for an hour or two each day to get exercise. I pointed out many times how most young people don't have any savings to survive on, and without the ability to work countless lives would be ruined, which has occurred.

We warned of the astronomic levels of inflation which would occur as a result of the welfare spending which was required to support people staying at home all day. Was all that damage really worth it? Those policies have taken more lives than they have saved. Lets just hope the global economy can recover now that the world is going back to normal in most places.
edit on 21/5/2022 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   

We are on the verge of hyperinflation but the only solution is to print more money

Is this what Brazil did in the 90's when they suffered hyperinflation?

Is printing more money REALLY the only solution?

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Well, looks like I made it through yesterday. So the sky did not fall.

Let me make another prediction.

TODAY, I'm going to have another GREAT DAY!

Have a nice Sunday all. Enjoy. You're only getting this one life here. So live it.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   

"The sky is falling!"

"The sky is falling!"

You appear to be a frog in a slowly boiling pot of water.... as usual.

"Not today"

If you don't plan for tomorrow, yesterday is meaningless.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   
A digital dollar is not a 'new monetary system', it's still based on the same aspects of the current dollar and the platform is still years away from roll out for interbank transfers let alone peer to peer adoption.

edit on 22-5-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Everything was going fine in at the start of 1/2020 - before early Jan, I did hear too much gloom and doom. So you never really know. Could things fall apart fast- sure. Could things stabilize - sure.

Unless you are going to become a full-blown prepper, complete with skills to survive in the wilderness long-term, the best you can do is stock emergency supplies for a few months. This is something that should be done even in good times due to natural disasters and unexpected events.

I do think they are using these shortages to instill fear and even if it's not intentional, nothing gets accomplished by living in fear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join