It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marriage not as good as "Predator" the movie most men say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Maybe deep down a lot of men have homosexual tendencies and want to see a ripped Arnold and feel guilty about it, hence all the alien scenes…

Perhaps though I know you are saying this in jest, besides it's got to be more acceptable than ever. If not outright encouraged

HOWEVER, perhaps it's because we aren't committed to Predator, it's mindless entertainment and escapism from an increasingly dull, senseless dying relationship.

Predator doesn't talk glowingly about how its ex enjoyed the movie more than you do, or how the ex watched it longer or more times in a row. Predator doesn't care what size your screen is, it still has the same amount of zeal and enthusiasm. Predator doesn't care that you just watched other movies over and over and actually enjoy them much better. Predator doesn't plan trips to the inlaws for the whole weekend without telling you. Predator doesn't say or question your decisions, your motivations, or your life choices and they don't mind when you have to go and see your own friends and relatives. Predator is always there and never has a headache. Predator doesn't yell and scream I occasionally come home drunk late, but no Predator goes "open me up" I don't care you can watch me like you always do no matter how late it is. Predator doesn't threaten to divorce you and take all your stuff because you talked to the cute waitress a bit too friendly at dinner the other night.

I could go on but Im about to watch Predator...

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Dutch in Predator is actually Arnie as Doug Quid in Total recall dealing with and projecting his ex-wife and divorce.

It is pretty evident with such lines as

“You are one ugly mother”

He proceeds to blow up the “monster” and runs off with a young tight Mexicana.

Talk about closure.
edit on 21-5-2022 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Predator doesn't insist on tagging along with you when you want spend some 'me' time in Lowes or Home Depot.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Even though this is from a satire site, like every good joke there is some truth in it's telling.
The marriage rate is as low as it's ever been for a reason.

I thought the main reason the marriage rate was falling is certain aspects of society trying to destroy the fabric of society by demonizing the family unit.

Well I'm sure that along with family and divorce courts bending men over goes a long way to discourage men from commitment.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yes but it does want to kill all your friends and ruin your weekend.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Yes but it does want to kill all your friends and ruin your weekend.

At least Predator actually likes your friends...before it kills them, of course.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I thought the main reason the marriage rate was falling is certain aspects of society trying to destroy the fabric of society by demonizing the family unit.

Average 2021 wedding cost: $34,000

Predator rental: $3.99

Any questions?

Seriously though, we (the US) have been divided 332 million different ways, to the point any kind of difference is becoming completely irreconcilable. No wonder marriage is in a death spiral.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Even though this is from a satire site, like every good joke there is some truth in it's telling.

Well I'm sure that along with family and divorce courts bending men over goes a long way to discourage men from commitment.

Not gonna lie my first relationship after my divorce ended because I wasn't gonna get married again. I wasn't cheating and really wanted to be there forever but I definitely didn't want to get married again, she understood it for 8 years or so, then it became an issue among other things.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Not gonna lie my first relationship after my divorce ended because I wasn't gonna get married again. I wasn't cheating and really wanted to be there forever but I definitely didn't want to get married again, she understood it for 8 years or so, then it became an issue among other things.

As someone pointed out, the courts will bend the men over when it comes to divorce.
Some women won't settle for their own life- they want half of someone elses when they leave, too.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
a reply to: JAGStorm

Arnold is a manly man, not some sissy girly man. He will "pump you up" though.

he said he had sex with men in the locker room. He admitted to that and to orgies with both sexes.

Personally my Marriage of a long life it my life and most of the people I know have been married 40-50 plus years and they like us laugh together work together and even watch predator together. The difference I find is these friends and we really love one another.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   

They cloak their true appearance and personality and set elaborate traps in order to take their trophy and mount it.

Could it be they feel the same about Men or do you just KNOW you are THE the trophy

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

Any questions?

Seriously though, we (the US) have been divided 332 million different ways, to the point any kind of difference is becoming completely irreconcilable. No wonder marriage is in a death spiral.

Well, that's the other thing, LOL what brought this to my mind was this morning I had a small bowl of leftover jambalaya for breakfast which was excellent. Now if I were in a relationship, just doing that likely would have been talked about a little bit if not outright ridiculed and laughed at, all at 7:30 on a Saturday morning. LOL, it happened when I had some chili one morning, while I was in a relationship. Mind you, I didn't make them eat it too, and this wasn't a sit down at the table and you got to watch me eat the chili either.

Regardless I got to hear it mentioned over and over the next few weeks, as she told various friends and family. FWIW I didn't mind her talking about it perse, but when it's done over and over in your presence it gets old.

It's the little things like when you tell them something negative about an in-law in confidence, and then the next thing you know you got an inlaw calling saying what did you mean by that after your spouse had told them what you said?

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Any questions?

Yeah why do people waste money on big weddings they could use for a house or something.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Nuh-uh, us wives are just harmless Mogwai.

That you keep getting suckered into feeding after midnight.

Either that or all hot tubs are perma-high risk because Natasha Henstridge. Take your pick, plenty of joke angles for either franchise here.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Dude, what the hell?

You had Jambalaya for breakfast? Wtf, seriously.

I will be reminding you of your actions in posts for at least 3 weeks.

I hope your actions were worth it.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gb540

Inflation and Lyndon Johnson and his "GREAT society"

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   

How am I supposed to marry a woman who shares my hopes and dreams when I can't even find one?

It seems settling and compromising has turned into just dealing with, bending over backwards, and putting up with some crazy woman who makes bad decisions, blows all of her money and trying to sucker me into giving her all of my money while she complains all day every day about how everything is so unfair, constantly asking me if I still love her every day while going around and getting what she wants from multiple other men, while being constantly drunk and high, and then hoping she doesn't get tired of me one day.

So, yeah. I'd rather watch Predator.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Nuh-uh, us wives are just harmless Mogwai.

That you keep getting suckered into feeding after midnight.

Either that or all hot tubs are perma-high risk because Natasha Henstridge. Take your pick, plenty of joke angles for either franchise here.

Perhaps you are correct FWIW I've only attempted matrimony twice and I really don't know if there will be the 3rd attempt at a Mrs.putnam6. Not that Im not enjoying trying but, I believe Ive have gotten more particular than I used to be, and Ive yet to decide if that is a good thing or not.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
a reply to: JAGStorm

Arnold is a manly man, not some sissy girly man. He will "pump you up" though.

he said he had sex with men in the locker room. He admitted to that and to orgies with both sexes.

Personally my Marriage of a long life it my life and most of the people I know have been married 40-50 plus years and they like us laugh together work together and even watch predator together. The difference I find is these friends and we really love one another.

You don't think gay and bi men can't be manly men?

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Problem solved

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join