It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archbishop bars Pelosi from communion over support for abortion rights

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Ha. Im ordained. Universal Life Church. Costed next to nothing too. It's like The University of Phoenix for becomming a minister of some blasphemous self styled belief system you make up.

I only have only done symbollic joke unions inspired by Family Guy though. Married my friend to his golf clubs. His response to his engagement falling apart over, among other things, playing too much golf. Huge party. Everyone got trashed. Religion!

To the topic:

That Nancy Pelosi thought the church wouldn't reject her shows some pathology present. That is pretty much the equivalent of a PR disclaimer in response from the Church.

"The views and opinions of Nancy Pelosi do not reflect the views of this diocese. At this point we are issuing a cease and desist order on Speaker Pelosi in regards to her affiliation with any part of The Catholic Church".
edit on 20-5-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Oh, please show me the verse where God commanded people to abort a pregnancy due to infidelity. Hint, I know what verse you mean, second hint, it doesn't say at all what you claim.

Numbers 5:11-31

If that's not what it says, then do enlighten me.

“If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

o you are saying she actually believes abortion is murder, but for political gain publicly supports it? Hypocrite indeed.

I'm saying that the confessional booth is sacred, and you have no idea what she has or hasn't confessed.

You assume that all Catholics support the church's view on abortion, but they don't. There are some very large and outspoken groups in the Catholic church, including nuns that are fighting for women's rights.

Pope Francis says bishops should be pastors, not politicians in US debate on denying Biden communion over abortion

“The pastor knows what to do. In every moment that he leaves the church’s pastoral path he immediately becomes a politician,” Francis said

As far as hypocrisy goes, yeah. What is the bishop doing about Catholics politicians who refuse refugees, the homeless, the sick and the hungry? How come they still get to take the Eucharist? Hypocrits, using the church for politics.

Number 5:14
jealousy come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure—or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure—
15 then he is to take his wife to the priest. He must also take an offering of a tenth of an ephah of barley flour on her behalf. He must not pour olive oil on it or put incense on it, because it is a grain offering for jealousy, a reminder-offering to draw attention to wrongdoing.
16 “ ‘The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the LORD.
17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water.
18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the LORD, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse.

20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”—
21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the LORD cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell.
22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.” “ ‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.”

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Didn't God teach Moses how to make a concoction that causes miscarriages in the Old Testament?

Rules for thee but not for me.
edit on 20-5-2022 by RegularJo76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

That she thought the church wouldn't tell her to knock it off shows you Namcy Pelosi's pathology

Thinking the church should control our politicians is pathology. And they wonder why their numbers are dwindling.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Taking communion is a public statement.

That would be a sin.

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

edit on 20-5-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I read it as that's their response to her initially using The Church for her leverage in political debate. Like she used her catholic religion before they asked her to back off her public affiliation. If that was incorrect, I apologize.

Like the equivalent of, "Hey don't bring us into this".
edit on 20-5-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

There are numerous problems with your argument. The very first being that all the woman drank was water and dust, there was nothing given to them that could cause an abortion. So the woman had no 'right' to an abortion, nor did the husband, nor did the priest, it was a curse from God. That alone destroys your argument as there is no command to perform an abortion.

The next problem you have is they didn't write the Bible in English. This is what the verse actually says, and I will back that up with the original language.

Num 5:27
‘When he has made her drink the water, then it will come about, if she has defiled herself and has been unfaithful to her husband, that the water which brings a curse will go into her [fn]and cause bitterness, and her belly will swell up and her thigh will [fn]shrivel, and the woman will become a curse among her people.

beṭen tsâbâh yârêk nâphal

beten - womb
www.blueletterbible.org...

tsâbâh - swell

yârêk - loins

nâphal - fail, waste

None of those words have anything to do with abortion, and none of them have anything to do with a child in the womb. The argument falls flat on it's face on multiple fronts.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   

provided this is undertaken in a “worthy manner” and without conscious mortal sin.

Seems Pelosi is engaging in conscious mortal sin

A mortal sin is defined as a grave action that is committed in full knowledge of its gravity and with the full consent of the sinner’s will. Such a sin cuts the sinner off from God’s sanctifying grace until it is repented

www.britannica.com...

She refuses to repent, and publicly encourages others of the Church to also sin.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I'm saying that the confessional booth is sacred, and you have no idea what she has or hasn't confessed.

There are only 2 options. One is that she repents in private, and then encourages the sin publicly, making her a hypocrite, or she has not repented in private.

There is no other possibility.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

STFU!

You're no authority no redemption.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RegularJo76
Didn't God teach Moses how to make a concoction that causes miscarriages in the Old Testament?

Rules for thee but not for me.

I would be interested in reading those verses, what are they?

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Can't defeat the logic so you attack the person. Is she a hypocrite who encourages people to engage in action she knows is murder and a sin? Or is she unrepentant and encouraging members of her faith to engage in activity that is considered murder by her faith?

If you can give a 3rd option I would love to hear it.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   

In your opinion. Again, you are not the judge, you don't know what goes on the confession booth. You don't know her relationship with her God, or any other person that supports a women's right to choice.

You don't know "God's" mind. All you know is your own hypocrisy.

edit on 20-5-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

No opinion, I stated no opinions, I stated facts. I stated her position, and the position of what she claims is her faith, that she believes in very strongly.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=26504618]OccamsRazor04[/pos
beṭen tsâbâh yârêk nâphal

beten - womb

tsâbâh - swell

yârêk - loins

nâphal - fail, waste

What do "womb swell" and "loins fail" mean to you?

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Wrong. Communion has nothing to do with the absolution of sin. It is a ritual meant to help a person remember Christ's sacrifice and his message and use it as a time to reflect on that message.

It seems to me that if a priest believes a person's actions go against Christ's message you'd want them to take Communion in the hopes they would take the opportunity to reflect and see the error of their ways.

By the way, where in the Bible did God or Jesus have anything to say about abortion?

LOL

Never did I think I'd see the progressives of ATS arguing biblical scripture to lobby for the restoration of Pelosi's mortal soul and acceptance into heaven. This place is a trip. Far left warmongering was just the tip of the iceberg I guess.

I managed to arrive at the conclusion killing full term babies without medical necessity is wrong and I've never attended mass, nor read the entire Bible, and I have a strong dislike of organized religion.

I didn't actually even have to think about it that hard.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Is she a hypocrite who encourages people to engage in action she knows is murder and a sin?

Again, I don't know her mind, but a lot of Catholics don't think abortion is a sin. It's a philosophy that has changed in the church over the years, a church whose God supposedly doesn't change.

Catholics for Choice

Is the Bishop ready to deny the Eucharist to all these Catholics as well?

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I stated no opinions, I stated facts.

You're so full of yourself. You don't know "God's" mind. You don't know Pelosi's mind. You don't know any Catholic that support abortion rights mind.

You pretend you do, at your own demise.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I would Rather He Bar Her from the Bar Instead . Crazy Drunkin' Bee Otch there !.......

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join