It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Painful Osteoarthritis. Seeking advice.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
To keep my joints in shape I use a mix of apple cider vinegar, Honey and H2O.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

That's an interesting mix. It's good to know it works for you. Hopefully it'll work for my friend too. Thanks for the link.

Thanks
edit on Fri, 20 May 2022 13:43:06 -0500012252022000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
That sux.....I have the same thing in my knee. Just had 120mils of fluid drained off. Seems to happen once a year. Just had a roid shot and it feels better.

If she gets an appointment, have her ask for PRP, platelet rich plasma. It's supposed to last a year or so.

orlandoregenerativemed.com...

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
That sux.....I have the same thing in my knee. Just had 120mils of fluid drained off. Seems to happen once a year. Just had a roid shot and it feels better.

If she gets an appointment, have her ask for PRP, platelet rich plasma. It's supposed to last a year or so.

orlandoregenerativemed.com...

Glad it makes you feel better. By the sounds of it, it's very painful. Thanks for the link, that's fantastic. She has been searching for anything that might help her pain. Hopefully this could help.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Tell her to eliminate WHEAT products from her diet. No bread, crackers, NO WHEAT PRODUCTS.

GMO wheat has been engineered to increase the LECTIN in it.

Plays havoc with our immune system and joints.

Tell her to try this for 6 weeks and notice the vast improvement.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well, stuff I'm taking to stave off various forms of arthritis.

Add black pepper to the turmeric. The Glucosamine/MSM mix was the cheapest I found that worked for me on my hip. Added the turmeric for other problems and found out later it works on arthritis too. Fingers are a little stiff but they don't hurt though.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
just black cherry juice
super expensive but a shot in the morning does wonders if ya do it consistently
takes about 30 days to start working good

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabretoothrabbit

I always try to have a bottle in my fridge, I recently tried turmeric and black pepper capsules which work pretty well, but I suffered a diverticulitis attack so too afraid to try that again! I’ll have to consult with Dr first.

Black cherry juice is fanatastic!

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JFredMuggs
Tell her to eliminate WHEAT products from her diet. No bread, crackers, NO WHEAT PRODUCTS.

GMO wheat has been engineered to increase the LECTIN in it.

Plays havoc with our immune system and joints.

Tell her to try this for 6 weeks and notice the vast improvement.

Thanks for the advice. Like I've said in this thread, I never knew such small things could make such a potential difference. Interesting though.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
Well, stuff I'm taking to stave off various forms of arthritis.

Add black pepper to the turmeric. The Glucosamine/MSM mix was the cheapest I found that worked for me on my hip. Added the turmeric for other problems and found out later it works on arthritis too. Fingers are a little stiff but they don't hurt though.

Fantastic, thanks. I'm glad your fingers don't hurt. that's the sort of thing we're looking for. Less pain.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabretoothrabbit
just black cherry juice
super expensive but a shot in the morning does wonders if ya do it consistently
takes about 30 days to start working good

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to see if it is available in the U.K. I'm sure we'll find it somwhere. She is up for trying most things.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar
a reply to: Sabretoothrabbit

I always try to have a bottle in my fridge, I recently tried turmeric and black pepper capsules which work pretty well, but I suffered a diverticulitis attack so too afraid to try that again! I’ll have to consult with Dr first.

Black cherry juice is fanatastic!

Thanks for the advice. It's good to see two people here have tried this and it seems to work a little. We'll also try the black pepper capsules too.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

Smoking pot gets me through any given day. Highly recommended for whatever.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Try nightshade free.
Diet helps a reply to: rhynouk

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Yes wheat, i was goong to mention eliminating wheat too, as well as nightshades, but yes lije you said for ar least 6 weeks.a reply to: JFredMuggs

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Yes turmeric and black pepper together, I think I have read the black pepper magnifies the turmeric by 10,000. We make Indonesian drink in my house, fresh Tumeric, fresh Tamarind (also very anti-inflammatory), fresh ginger, (husbands recipe), I then started adding black pepper, apple cider vinegar, and lemon and Manuka honey or cheap honey from non gmo country. Yum hot or cold with ice for summer time. Put in slow cooker or on low heat for few hoirs at least.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Sorry to hear about your friend.
One thing she could consider taking for her condition is Hyaluronic Acid. Our bodies produce this naturally in our joints up to late 20's then declines until it stops. The Hyaluronic Acid is integral in the synovial fluid between our joints. As it depletes, the joins can rub against each other and in your friends case the cartilage is breaking away, causing the pain and inflammation. Taking Hyaluronic Acid supplements has a proven track record with arthritis/rheumatism and their associated conditions like your friends.
I'm a clinical Aromatherapist and can also help if you think a 'nice smelling hand cream' aka an anti-inflammatory and analgesic hand cream would appeal. I'm in the UK.
Rainbows
Jane

THIS.
I have an old knee injury and thought it was OK.
I moved from a super dry area to a super humid area and suddenly the humidity has caused my knee to be in pain 24/7. I had not felt pain in that knee since the injury happened a zillion years ago. In fact, strangely, any areas I had injuries, the joints were suddenly hurting. Weird how in dry environments I didn't have the problems...but this new humidity, I did.

I started taking Hyaluronic Acid daily and the pain is gone. For me, I take 300mg a day.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Copper bangle works for my knees, swear by it

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I've got it terrible myself.

If her stomach, liver and kidneys can handle it, I do 800 mg ibuprophen and 1000 mg tylenol @ every 5 to 6 hours.

It keeps the pain at bay.

Best wishes!

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I had the same in my hand before I used parasite treatments because I developed lyme. The hand pain was long before the lyme, but the treatment cured it. it was worse in the mornings and has been gone 20 plus years.
Anyway using over the counter treatments are safe and can not hurt so might try that!

More and more studies are finding parasites cause much of our painful diseases.

Arthritis developed in two patients during the course of parasite infestation with Strongyloides stercoralis and Taenia saginata, respectively.

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk -- I went on a diet of no added fats/oils, no dairy, no nightshades, and no meats starting in 2007, in order to improve my health overall. After 3 days, I noticed I stopped having any joint pains. 15 years later, I still have no joint pains. We sometimes eat eggs when traveling, in order to get enough to eat when at a restaurant. Your friend with joint pain may have to make some adjustments in order to make sure of still getting enough food intake to keep going, but it's an interesting process, full of information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join