It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden SEIZES control over domestic food materials using Korean War-era emergency powers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Dimes for donuts says he'll end up causing more chaos and shortages (on purpose) πŸ—œοΈπŸŒ

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

But whatabout the migrant stockpiles being hoarded ?

Can't the gov just borrow from that "reserve" ? πŸ”₯

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Trump would have done the same, but he'd have done it a week earlier.

Not so sure about that. Trump dragged his feet when it came to invoking the DPA in 2020.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
a reply to: Klassified

You have a link to this? I read that the deaths were from formula from another plant, not this one.

You are correct. In the end the deaths were not from the plant the FDA (Biden administration) shut down for months on end, until the shelves were bare of the specialized formula they made for babies who need the specialized formula.

Production is set to resume but they say it will be months before the formula will be on the shelves again. Just in time for Biden to declare he did it and saved the babies. Pffffttt. Create fear and terror, make yourself the only savior, get more power - a cycle that is typical of the liberal left Democrats.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

But whatabout the migrant stockpiles being hoarded ?

Can't the gov just borrow from that "reserve" ? πŸ”₯

You mean you want to take the formula out of the stockpile set aside for the criminals the government practically bribed to come here so we can feed our own tax payers families?
What are you, some sort of person who wants to be treated like a human and not just a cash cow?

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   

My question is if the plant was forced to close by the government, what good does sending supplies to the plant do when the government is the reason they aren't making anything.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Edited as there is new info and the post was incorrect.
edit on 20-5-2022 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Or maybe he wouldn't have shut the plant down for 3 months with no evidence of any bacteria found there. The entire crisis happened because of the government's actions, and no evidence of bacteria has ever been found at the plant I believe.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
The entire crisis happened because of the government's actions, and no evidence of bacteria has ever been found at the plant I believe.

As of yesterday they hadn't released the findings.

edit on 20-5-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Actually you are wrong.

Detailed Findings of Investigation
After a thorough investigation by FDA, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Abbott, and review of all available data, there is no conclusive evidence to link Abbott's formulas to these infant illnesses. Specifically:

CDC concluded its investigation with no findings of a link between Abbott formulas and infant illnesses.
Abbott conducts microbiological testing on products prior to distribution and no Abbott formula distributed to consumers tested positive for Cronobacter sakazakiior Salmonella.
All retained product tested by Abbott and the FDA during the inspection of the facility came back negative for Cronobacter sakazakii and/or Salmonella. No Salmonella was found at the Sturgis facility.
The Cronobacter sakazakii that was found in environmental testing during the investigation was in non-product contact areas of the facility and has not been linked to any known infant illness.
Genetic sequencing on the two available samples from ill infants did not match the strains of Cronobacter sakazakii found in our plant. Samples from ill infants did not match each other, which means there was no connection between the two cases.

abbott.mediaroom.com... t-Creates-Pathway-to-Reopen-Facility

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They have been released. I've read the findings on multiple sites. Look at my post above this one for some of them.
edit on 20-5-2022 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

They have been released. I've read the findings on multiple sites.

Yeah, I guess they came out today. The article I was reading was dated the 19th.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It doesn't take 3 months to reopen plants with NO bacteria present. We know that's what happened. Inexcusable.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It actually can though. They found other safety issues and regardless of whether that bacteria killed the babies, they have to have clean swabs with no bacteria that can contaminate the formula before you can safely reopen. I believe they also needed to replace some dilapidated machinery as well.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
a reply to: Klassified

Opportunistic and grand standing?

Biden took charge and responsibility by using the single fastest and least beurocratic method available to him.

You'd prefer that this went to the house and was passed with a Democrat sponsored rider providing federal finding for child sex changes, that spent months in committee.

Trump would have done the same, but he'd have done it a week earlier.

are you aware this was discussed in February of this year?

www.pbs.org...
edit on 20-5-2022 by network dude because: added link

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I love how fast you jumped from the plant was infected so that's why it had to be shut down to any other excuse you can dream up when proven wrong.

The plant was working fine. Making clean formula. Parents had to go without putting their kids lives at risk. Inexcusable. Those issues could have been dealt with at a later date when a plan was in place to ensure shelves were not empty.

The government prevented a clean plant from making formula for 3 months, resulting in a national shortage and potentially killing children.

Inexcusable.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It doesn't take 3 months to reopen plants with NO bacteria present. We know that's what happened. Inexcusable.

I guess it does because it did.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I didn't jump fast. A whistle blower made a report late last year about safety related issues, falsifying records, releasing untested formula among other things. 5 different strains of bacteria were found in the plant.

The plant was working fine, but not safely or following laws and guidelines.

If you prefer that a plant producing formula for babies should not be thoroughly inspected and all matters rectified before continuing to make formula that babies ingest, that's on you.

β€œI am deeply concerned about the practices at this Abbott facility and their apparent failure to implement and enforce internal controls at this facility. We need to know exactly who in the company was aware of this failure and the alleged attempts to hide this information from the FDA,” DeLauro said during a meeting on the Fiscal Year 2023 Budget Request for the United States Department of Agriculture.

β€œI am equally concerned that the FDA reacted far too slowly to this report. The report was submitted to the FDA on October 20, 2021. The FDA did not interview the whistleblower until late December 2021. According to news reports, FDA did not inspect the plant in person until January 31, 2022, and the recall was not issued until February 17, 2022.”

The concerns raised in the complaint have been corroborated by other Abbott employees, but fear of retaliation has kept them from coming forward individually.

β€œOne report suggests a greater interest at the corporate level of identifying the sources of complaints as opposed to addressing the underlying concerns raised,” according to the whistle blower complaint.

The full listing of the whistle blowers information is in the article.

Food Safety News

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I guess it does because it did.

Just because I can take my time doesn't mean it requires that much time.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

No bacteria was found at all in any area that relates to formula.

The Cronobacter sakazakii that was found in environmental testing during the investigation was in non-product contact areas of the facility and has not been linked to any known infant illness.

If your argument is we need to put children's lives at stake, possibly killing some, because there are issues that may present a problem at some point then it's a stupid argument.

This is not a problem that had to happen, that's a fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join