It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska senators bow heads for prayer for ‘magic and truth’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   
To Norse god Odin!!
We don't allow religion in politics and what a strange request he asks for magic and the senate all bow their heads and say amen.

How would this have come across it it were our creator being prayed to, would it have been allowed?
Could we call on "our Father" instead of "the AllFather?

Ollie Zaldivar works with the entire Senate as one of the pages.

The Alaska Senate usually starts out its floor sessions with a prayer or sometimes a thought for the day from a non-religious member. On Tuesday, the prayer was offered by one of the Senate pages, Ollie Zaldivar of Anchorage, who beseeched wisdom from a Norse god named Odin.

He offered the prayer that asked that he know magic and know truth. He referred to the god as “Allfather.”

After the prayer, typically Sen. Lyman Hoffman asks, in the tradition of the Senate and House, that the prayer “be spread across the journal,” but this time he did not make the request.

Instead, Hoffman looked over at Sen. Gary Stevens, who rose and did the deed, asking for the the traditional “spread across the journal.”

This is really odd to me could we have a crucifix or a Christian idol in the Senate office?

Sen. Bert Stedman has a wooden bust of Odinin the Senate Finance Committee on a shelf where committee members gather to decide on legislative matters .

mustreadalaska.com...

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So in mythology, Odin sacrifices an eye in exchange for a drink from Mimir’s well, presumably in exchange for the gift of foresight (ironically enough). His pursuit of knowledge doesn’t stop there either.

He also stabs himself with his own spear and hangs himself on Yggdrasil, the World Tree, for nine whole days and nights to learn the secrets of the runes.

Oden is often in disguise and yet the one way they say you can always know him is the one eye.
Does this remind us of anything?

Recent movies and stories are built around him and the Norse are said to believe the time of Ragnarök has arrived.

In Scandinavian mythology, Ragnarök is a series of events and catastrophes that will ultimately lead to the end of the world. Ragnarök culminates in a final battle between the gods and the demons and giants, ending in the death of the gods.

www.lifeinnorway.net...

edit on 19-5-2022 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

And???

Yes they do call on "Our Father" in many many states, and "Heavenly Father" in Utah.

The US Senate has a chaplain too.

Even evil California's chaplain offers prayers.

chaplain.senate.ca.gov...

This is cool though. Religious diversity without pissing people off to do it. Maybe other pagans could do prayers too? Then a Rabbi, skip the muslims, and maybe even a Unitarian. Why not?

Every Senate opens with a prayer. This is actually a break from the usual Christian prayer.

Like, "Lets let the Norse guy do one this session".
edit on 19-5-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Would be super cool if they served, obeyed and even swore to the people and not their personal god.
Tangible masters can produce tangible results.
a reply to: Degradation33

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Alaska is the USA I find it very odd the words expressed especially.

This is cool though. Religious diversity without pissing people off to do it. Maybe other pagans could do prayers too?

I expect you will soon be happy as the Pagan gods will soon run amok and be in the luciferin light right out there for all to see.
edit on 19-5-2022 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Maybe in an Alternate reality where prayer and faith in a christian god isnt a part of the tradition of all state level and Federal senate(s)?

I just like it because its not so rigid or theologically authoritative. It allows for some fun.

It really would be great if all that you said, but you know, being the dreamers of dreams and whatnot this was deemed administratively important a long time ago and hasn't gone anywhere.
edit on 19-5-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   

None of this should come as a surprise mate.

Magick and Mysticism are alive and well in our world and there are many many men and woman in high places apart of these ' Mystery schools ' or ' Secret Societies ' or what ever you want to call them.

It's not evil or of the devil it's just the ' Science of Magick ' , Religion has kept people in there place for so long filled with fear that they don't even recognize the massive history that is Magick .

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Looks like a trust or take one for the team exercise to me?

Besides, everyone knows the only way to talk to Odin is to win an die in glorious 1v1, Mortal Kombat with someone just as good or better to get his attention.

Worked in Age of Mythology.
edit on 19-5-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow
I for one strongly disagree with you.

Just a tiny bit on it here.
I have personal experience form long ago that is much more convincing than anything written that it is pure eveil.

Within the Bible, the concept of magic is discussed at lengths, and it also discusses sorcerers. God tells us not to participate in magic, divination, or forms of witchcraft (Deuteronomy 18:10-12). In the Old Testament, God makes several mentions of not participating in magic nor seeking out magic.

In Leviticus 19:31, God warns the Israelites, “Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the Lord your God.” Magic is directly related to the occult and demons. All Christians need to stay away from participating in magic, witchcraft, and all forms of the occult.

www.christianity.com...

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I wonder how the forgotten 10,000 other gods are feeling about this ? Will they decide to gang up on poor old Odin or will they peacefully just sit back in their godly realms and take this slight against them ?? It is bad enough to be forgotten, to never hear ones name voiced or homage paid, but this might be the last straw !!
edit on 727thk22 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I know you disagree and that is fine .

and I know what the Bible says about magic so no need to quote it to me , The Bible is not the Word of God the Bible is the Word of man .

For the Word of God you need only look inward and speak with God.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I wonder how the forgotten 10,000 other gods are feeling about this ? Will they decide to gang up on poor old Odin or will they peacefully just sit back in their godly realms and take this slight against them ?? It is bad enough to be forgotten, to never hear ones name voiced or homage paid, but this might be the last straw !!

They are mostly the same gods with many names.

Romans 1:21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Then there are the idols

Exodus 20:3, Matthew 4:10, Luke 4:8 and elsewhere, e.g.: Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God.

top topics

join