It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Signal Appears to Have Come From Habitable Star System

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 11:55 PM
link   
My guess would be if there are aliens out there the one thing they would want is living space. If they have the technology to get here then they can probably mine or make everything else they could probably want out in space.

But a livable planet? That could be a different ball game however. They could be extremely rare. And terraforming a planet like Venus or Mars could take millennia. Earth could just be a "kill all the humans and it's a new home for the aliens" type of place. You could start with a engineered virus or even a dinosaur killer like asteroid. And in a couple of years the planet is ready for the colonists. And remaining humans could be hunted out of existence.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
a reply to: Alfa015015

Fiscally…. I don’t see the upside in studying anything beyond our own solar system. Our own solar system is reachable within our present development of space transportation. Enterprises such as mineral mining…..and or settlement is possible.

However, any studies beyond our solar system, except for the studies of transiting interstellar bodies that may pose a collision threat to earth, should not be studied.

Anything else is a waist of money in my opinion. The discovery of water, or possibly habitable planets, or radio signals, will do nothing for anybody’s present life on earth.

Don’t get me completely wrong…..I’ve been a card carrying member of The Planetary Society since early 1990’s…..nice magazines with nice pictures….but that’s the extent of it. Anything beyond our solar system is of no interest.

Spending funds on trying to communicate outside our solar system is a futile waist of time…..emphasis on “time”. I wholly agree that because of the distances in “time” are involved….signals to and from our planet would be dead on arrival. Not to mention the attempt of either the sender or receiver to decipher the meaning and translations of the signals. I don’t agree that the common language for all things in space….is mathematical or musical, let alone a multitude of textural symbology.

In a sense, I agree with 38181’s statement……”Wow signal could have been anything, including the last transmission of a planet that nuked itself out of existence. Or a warning signal like the movie Aliens, stay away.”……

I think, if we want to communicate with extraterrestrials, perhaps the funds would be better spent trying to communicate with extraterrestrials all ready said to be here (or near earth) living and or visiting.

Once we can find and establish communication with what’s already here (or near earth)…then through cooperation and exchange…we here on earth, may be given the technology to communicate with the home planets of the same species that are already here (or near earth). Perhaps, their form of interstellar communication, is something we humans have never thought to do, perhaps being something that our minds have not had the capacity to fathom.

Let’s stop waisting funds and think of more practical efficiency that makes more logical sense.

Here’s a rhetorical example……..it is said that crop circles are for the most part, of unknown non-human communications. If that’s so…..then why have we not yet deciphered what this symbolic language is saying?

If we humans cannot figure this language out locally, here on earth…..then how can there be an expectation that we could decipher radio signals from space?

Crop Circles, which are Pictographs, are one of the oldest forms of communication….Yet we don’t have a Rosetta solution yet.

Imo

👽🛸☕️🍩

What if we're extraterrestrial video games? They see us and control us 24/7.

Why would you not want to see them? [Regardless... it is most likely impossible because "they" are probably of a matter we are unaware of]

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I think that is a good read of human psychology.

The government people think of themselves as important, but when the Others make contact, it is often with people of lesser social status. To make matters worse, the reported content of the contact is often nonsensical or vague to the point of being utterly useless.

Guv (all over the world) has been pouting for decades about that, thus the unwillingness to admit anything odd is happening. But on the classified side, they try to accumulate as much intel as they can.

Cheers

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

To put it in a realistic perspective……

I’m telling You’s…with the exception of wormhole and inter/multi dimensional studies…….it’s a waist of “time” and money and careers….looking for life, water, numerous light years away and interstellar communications Long ago sent in our solar system’s direction. We should stick to discoveries within our own planetary neighborhood…..

Many careers are based on “nice to know’s” and “white papers” …but do nothing to tangibly further mankind…….jus sayin imo.

👽🛸🍺😉
edit on 21-5-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Based on some of the data we have seen, and the extreme variability of planet types that are out there, I am starting to think that advanced multicellular intelligent life is probably exceedingly rare, and at great distances between each other. At any one time, there may only be a few civilizations in the galaxy, thousands of light years apart. Thats one possibility. Another is intelligent life is everywhere, but very few have interstellar travel. My gut feeling is, most planets that are life bearing have unicellular life, and that's the most common. That being said, there may be a few very ancient advanced civilizations that have spread all over the place. The chances that they would want to talk to us IMHO are very slight if at all. We would be very primitive to them, and they would probably already know everything we know, so we would offer them little in a cultural exchange. Or we could be utterly alone, with a smattering of dead civilizations out there. We should be careful until we do know what is out there and what we are dealing with.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   
SETI IS WASTING THEIR TIME SEARCING FOR EXTRA TERRESTRIALS USING RADIO TELESCOPES they will never find the real alien communication channels using radio telescopes! - NIKOLA TESLA PART 3 , 2018 DECLASSIFIED FBI DOCUMENT

i.imgur.com...

i.imgur.com...

advanced alien races would be using scalar wave vaccuum transmissions for communication faster than light

i even have a couple 600+ page books on scalar waves, and chapters in their applications for communication

interesting stuff.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: iskyguy

SETI IS WASTING THEIR TIME SEARCING FOR EXTRA TERRESTRIALS USING RADIO TELESCOPES they will never find the real alien communication channels using radio telescopes! - NIKOLA TESLA PART 3 , 2018 DECLASSIFIED FBI DOCUMENT

i.imgur.com...

i.imgur.com...

advanced alien races would be using scalar wave vaccuum transmissions for communication faster than light

i even have a couple 600+ page books on scalar waves, and chapters in their applications for communication

interesting stuff.

Totally agree. I am sure to any advanced civilizations out there, they are as far beyond radio as we are beyond cave paintings.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

It's likely that in order for Aliens to reach earth they'll need FTL capabilities because even if habitability was their motivator by the time they've reached their destination with sub-FLT capabilities the local star would have likely made the planet inhabitable.

If they have FTL capabilities than terraforming planets wouldn't be that big of a deal. What's a few hundred years if they desire a planet?

My prediction is that Aliens would be interested in things like making the Amish into some tourist attraction along with consuming human ethnic cuisines, and taking home some souvenirs such as ethnic fashion such as bolts of cloth from say Japanese silk manufactures to be incorporated into their clothes such as the Alien equivlant of a business suit such as the suit liner or ties.

Sure they could replicate the food on their planet but there's a human food tourist industry. People would rather eat Sushi in Japan at some 4 star joint than at their local strip mall. Same goes for something like Peter Luger steak house instead of a Texas Road House chain establishment.

If Aliens are intelligent then they likely have the same desires in some capacity, especially if they number in the tens or hundreds of billions of individuals. If there are hundreds of billions of aliens of a alien race, and there are many other alien races as well Humans might hate Aliens not for mass murdering them but for turning earth into some sort of Tourist destination.

I'm sure you would be peeved if the Aliens started to pay top currency to snatch up all of the good cooks on the planet, as well as having so many tourist aliens on the planet you feel like they're practically breathing down on your neck. I mean how would you feel if you were Veterinarian and tourist aliens started to show up to watch you do your work?

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 11:39 PM
link   
What Aliens think of our communications……

👽🛸🍸
edit on 22-5-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The thing about gets me about aliens is the unknown factor.

We base every hypothesis about them on our own history and experiences as humans. We assume they might be war mongering. That they might be peaceful. They might want resources, like water and food and minerals. They might communicate using radio waves, so we try and detect them. They fly in craft which we try and use our physics to explain, but can't - how they can start and stop on a dime and travel at great speeds.

Every motivation we try and apply to them comes from our own human experience - greed, hostility, so on.

They might be so far moved from us - both physically and motivationally - that it would be impossible for us to ever figure them out. Imagine interdimensional beings who no longer need water or food or any kind of physical materials, who have moved far beyond the very human notions of anger and love and so on and are experiencing a type of consciousness which we can't even begin to imagine.

I look at an insect on the ground and wonder do any thoughts ever run through its' head, and is it even able to reconcile those thoughts with what it can perceive around it. Or does it act purely on instinct alone. As humans, we like to think we are very intelligent but we are still extremely instinctual beings and our intelligence is measured only in comparison to the other living things on this single planet. It's somewhat depressing to think that compared to a very advanced alien species, we may be even lower down the chain than those insects we occasionally stand on.

edit on 23-5-2022 by elgaz because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2022 by elgaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outrageo

"If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans," Hawking said.

Columbus landed in the new world over 500 yrs ago, even we have moved on somewhat in that time. In 5000 yrs there may well have been a bigger change. Any "aliens" capable of travelling to earth are likely to be well aware of potential impacts.

Of course they could choose to ignore them.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: blakdart

It's likely that in order for Aliens to reach earth they'll need FTL capabilities

Not if they come from somewhere closer like say one of the moons of Jupiter or Saturn.

There is nothing really on Earth bar animals and flora and fauna, that could not be harvested far more easily, and in far greater abundance, from the asteroid belt.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The "wow" signal subject is fascinating - been following it for years. I definitely think it is coming from an intelligent species.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join