It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The corruption of the spoken word - implications of the Fall of Man.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have tried for many years to live a moral life.. I don't drink, I use a vape mod to 'smoke', and I don't do any drugs except those which are prescribed by a doctor. I'm a Christian, I've been active in churches for twenty years or so, and I consider myself to be a disciple of Christ, always following on after Him, always prepared to learn & to be humbled if any trace of pride steps into my mindscape.

I'm also very sensitive to the realm of spirit, though I'm not a medium or a psychic of any sort. I received the gift of discernment when I was baptised in the Holy Spirit, as well as other gifts which help me in my daily life, and which have had implications for the ongoing wellbeing & development of others, though I don't operate in a ministry position in any church at the present time.

I wanted to write this little thread to promote an understanding which I've been mulling over for some time, regarding purity of speech as being a direct link in the chain of holiness which someone must wear about their neck if they are to approach God. The scriptural quote which comes to mind is thus:

The earth is the LORD’s, and the fullness thereof,
the world and all who dwell therein.

For He has founded it upon the seas
and established it upon the waters.

Who may ascend the hill of the LORD?
Who may stand in His holy place?

He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
who does not lift up his soul to an idol
or swear deceitfully

He will receive blessing from the LORD
and vindication from the God of his salvation.

Such is the generation of those who seek Him,
who seek Your face, O God of Jacob.

Psalm 24: 1 -6

What's clear from this psalm is that God requires holiness & purity in those who follow after Him, who seek to understand His ways & to peer into the mysteries of faith, to literally ascend to God & see Him face to face.

What's clear from our modern culture is that purity of speech is absent in all of our so-called 'role models'. In scripture all of them would be referred to as 'mockers', because the comedy industry which supports & gives expression to our cultural icons & maxims is polluted with lasciviousness & perversions of many stripes. The most successful gameshows are populated by such characters, always ready with a quip that somehow builds on & lowers the tone of whatever someone else said before. Shock value & bleeding edge laughs abound, and the audience is unaware that they're being subtly programmed to laugh at certain things, to mock along with the comedians the issues of the day, and the people who somehow don't fit into their perfect cottage industry of acceptable perversion & twisting of the narrative.

Purity of the soul begins with purity of language, for the tongue makes the heart known - the journey to holiness is further manifest as purity of desire (building on purity of the spoken word), and ultimately purity of the body manifests thereafter. It's a recursive looped system, in that one's heart is revealed by one's language, yet by deliberately choosing pure language in all situations, we are programming our souls with that purity, and thus we are forming new desires in our heart, which are then further revealed by the tongue, and further expressed in our desires & bodily interactions, ad infinitum.

In a sense this goes back to Babylon, where it is said that languages were first mixed, before the different groups having different languages were scattered abroad on the face of the Earth. By forging one purpose, 'to make a name for themselves', the people had erected a 'tower' (the actual reality of what it was that they were constructing is veiled by the mists of time - but it was dangerous in some respects, and therefore the project had to be stopped). Indeed it was such a severe situation that the people themselves were split up, their language codex confused, never a tower to Heaven to build again, scattered to create different nations which would struggle against each other, rather than a unified singular nation which would struggle & war against God.

Language is such a fundamental part of what it means to be human, that we cannot conceive of being unable to use it in some fashion in order to achieve our personal & collective goals. But if we allow our speech to be corrupted, if we filter out righteousness & instead fill our talk with perversion, irrelevancies & distractions, as the mockers do, then it degrades us as sentient beings, it diminishes our standing before the infinite mighty power of God. We cannot be perfect, but it would be better to aim for perfection & act in support of that aim, than to allow our speech, our heart, our desires & our bodies to be polluted & to become degenerate, making us into worthless dross, at which the demons laugh, knowing that such a person has been corrupted so easily, merely by the decisions they made in terms of how to communicate to others in the world which we occupy.

Indeed, if we allow this to unfold, our value as living stones in the temple of Heaven is destroyed, and we fall into oblivion, our names forgotten forever.

Here's to purity of speech..

edit on MayThursday2215CDT12America/Chicago-050052 by FlyInTheOintment because: editing title

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You seem to be genuine in your OP and I appreciate that. What you write about also reminds me of what Jesus said, it's not what enters a man that defiles him, but what comes out of his mouth. And that goes with what he said that out of the heart's abundance the mouth speaks.

A person does not speak about things their heart does not dwell upon. Just as his eyes don't look upon things his heart isn't thinking about.

How is it that you were "baptized in the spirit?"

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   
We have a spirit inside of us. God is spirit and we were made in his image and God BLEW breathe into man....and man became alive...flesh, bone, and spirit.

a reply to: randomuser

edit on 19-5-2022 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
We have a spirit inside of us. God is spirit and we were made in his image and God BLEW breathe into man....and man became alive...flesh, bone, and spirit.

There are two baptisms. One is by water, the other is by spirit. The one by water is in the name of the Father, the son, and the holy spirit. The baptism by holy spirit is an anointing done by God. And unless you are baptized by holy spirit there is no way you are going to enter into the kingdom in heaven.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Amen...

originally posted by: randomuser

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

There are two baptisms. One is by water, the other is by spirit. The one by water is in the name of the Father, the son, and the holy spirit. The baptism by holy spirit is an anointing done by God. And unless you are baptized by holy spirit there is no way you are going to enter into the kingdom in heaven.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I'm genuinely surprised you believe this nonsense.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Words ARE magic because language is psychological.

Why are magic spells usually depicted in Latin?
Because it SOUNDS right for the user. It activates the users imagination, the place where creation lives.

Whether it's casting a spell, chanting a mantra, saying a prayer or even just basic conversation, the words we choose to use have an effect on our psyche and our spirit.

The separation of language from the Babylon story, prevented man from unifying against the will of God.

The forbidden fruits of Eden and The Towers of Babylon suggests that mankind most likely wasn't spiritually aligned and experienced enough to ascend to greater heights. It's like the discovery of nuclear power but as a means for war rather than energy.

When you think about the argument against omnipotent beings, "If there is a God or aliens watching over us, why don't they come down and solve all our problems?"

That purity you mention is most likely the cause. If we were indeed saved in that manner, we wouldn't learn the lessons needed to evolve spiritually and we'd just be making the same mistakes over and over again, expecting to be bailed out.

An individuals language reveals what's inside. A narcissist will use the words I and me alot. A philosopher may preface their sentences with the word, well. A truth seeker will ask questions.

Like Nietzsche's ubermensch, purity of speech isn't achieved overnight, it's a state of being you have to strive for. It's the Hero's Journey. It's confessing your sins and vowing to improve.

I meant what I said and I said what I meant.
An elephant's faithful, one hundred percent.

edit on 20-5-2022 by CloneFarm1000 because: grammar

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Thanks for your pleasant & even-handed response, I'm glad you found the OP interesting/ relevant.

This is a subject (language mysteries) which intrigues me, though admittedly I'm no linguist, I have to be satisfied to have experts tell me the depths of these curious matters. I'm particularly interested in the Hebrew language, for reasons that will become apparent with one of the follow-up posts I make below.

As for the baptism in the Holy Spirit, it's an orthodox evangelical term for a spiritual event in which a person is 'immersed' in the presence of God the Spirit, a refining & healing experience of divine joy & spiritual revelation, a 'sealing' of the person as a born-again, new creation, and specific spiritual gifts are given by God (from a list of gifts taken from the writings of the New Testament apostles). As examples, there is 'speaking in new tongues' (which I received), there is the 'word of knowledge' (which I received also), 'wisdom' (also received), 'discernment of spirits' (also received), and several others, some of which I received but won't list for the sake of brevity.

To give explanation of these terms, 'speaking in tongues' refers to the newfound ability to pray in utterances of the Spirit, it is when the Holy Spirit speaks in harmony with one's own human spirit, and other languages unknown to the believer, either real human languages or inspired 'heavenly' languages, are spoken aloud when the believer prays 'in the Spirit'. It is used as an edification of one's own spiritual wellbeing, particularly when the believer faces some test or hardship, it builds up the inner strength of that person & encourages them, or leads them deeper into mystic reverie, from whence further spiritual revelations can arise.

The gift of 'wisdom' refers to the actual provision of guidance to the believer, from the living, active presence of the Holy Spirit, again, present in harmony with one's own spirit - the guidance often comes in the form of a vision within the mind's eye, or less frequently, what are known as 'open visions', where basically the room will dissolve & give way to a powerful visionary state - or it may be similar to 'augmented reality' where the sight is enhanced to perceive things which otherwise would remain hidden. You can see how this could be of great advantage to any believer in a multitude of situations.

Bearing in mind that the evil powers of this world truly hate God, and so they actively seek to manipulate & destroy anyone who openly follows after Christ.

As for the 'word of knowledge', this one is especially potent, and is often applied by the Spirit (in tutelage of our spirit) to show up some issue or problem which needs to be addressed in the context of holy discipline. Sometimes this is applied to the community of believers, but it is often also applied to redeem the path of someone who has gone astray, or to resolve a dangerous real world problem which must be addressed by authorities.. Not every authority believes when the Holy Spirit causes a believer to comment on some certain situation, perhaps even something held secret - but it is advisable to at least assess the merits of the case, if someone claims a 'word of knowledge' for your attention!

The 'discernment of spirits' is one which people may roll their eyes at somewhat, but be assured it is a very real & very necessary gift for people within the wider universal body of the church to possess, and to use when necessary, as it is given for the protection & strengthening of the universal church, which is God's kingdom made manifest on Earth, when 'church' is done properly. The discernment gift has numerous action potentials, several uses, so to speak. One of which is the classic ability to tell instantly whether a person (or a spirit) is speaking with the authority & grace of God, or if they/it is speaking from its own spirit, its own unique perspective, or if speaking with the power & authority of an infernal spirit, a 'devil'.

Bearing in mind that God & Devil are not equal & opposite - the diabolical spirits are all totally subject to the will of God - if God puts out His hand to stop what an evil spirit is doing, it absolutely stops, instantly. There is however, a great & terrible burden on the Creation, which is that these evil powers still retain some autonomy, while the current age unfolds, due to dynamics of free will which are above my pay grade. What I know for sure, is that God can turn every situation to the advantage of His children, and all evils can be turned to strengthen the character of the one who endures. The gift of discernment is also used in classical exorcism/deliverance ministry, where experienced believers are able to assist those who have struggled with an unpleasant connection to an evil power. Over time, with prayer & deep concern, people gathered around a possessed victim can help to liberate them from what chains them to that power, giving them the gift of freedom, under the grace & power of God. Trust me, it is the most joyous thing in the world when a captive is freed from servitude to evil powers, there is simply no better joy than to be liberated from darkness. I speak as someone who has direct experience (though again, if you'd like to know more it would have to be by message).

So that's a basic rundown of some of the gifts of the Holy Spirit - there are many more to uncover & experience, if one wishes to meet God in a new, dynamic, powerful way. Church is more than a dusty old building - it is universal Humanity, under the authority of the Most High God - YHWH Adonai, the Lord of Hosts. God's gifts are all wonderful for the person who is privileged to receive them, and they can do great good within the wider community, for those in church & equally (if not more so) for those who are not yet members of that spiritual kingdom, so they can see that the Lord is good, and that all His thoughts towards us are pure.

It is good when people are actively praying for those in positions of authority - as my signature says, we all desire lives of peace, quiet repose & dignity, when all is said & done, and wise rulers desire the same for their people. As a Christian, I see it as my duty to attend to anything God brings to my attention, which is intended for the attention of others in the world/s around me. Some particular situations here in the UK have unfolded exactly as the Spirit predicted through me in the past, and actions were taken as the result of my quiet commentary which had a positive impact on the defensive security of the UK. I'm a quiet, private person, but God saw fit to inform me of things which the government had need of, in terms of actionable intelligence for a real situation. I shared my thoughts via this forum (because it is monitored, obviously), and the info went up the chain (the chain labelled 'weird' - the 'remote viewing' type of chain). Thus, a 'better than otherwise expected' outcome was the fortunate result. I don't seek applause or rewards, I just do my duty when the information arrives. Incidentally, this form of gift is the one averred as 'the gift of prophecy', which is well known but little understood. My prophetic gift is made manifest through powerful dreams, others prophesy through the spoken word in prayer, others by written commentary which is inspired.

Thanks again for your comment - message me with any request for more info, if you're interested.

FITO.

edit on MayFriday2215CDT02America/Chicago-050001 by FlyInTheOintment because: important clarification

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   

From your first reply I thought you were not aware of the process of baptism by water/ by the Spirit - but it seems you are. Therefore please forgive my lengthy post which laboriously explains stuff about the baptism of the Holy Spirit & the many spiritual gifts, I had thought I was speaking with someone who knew nothing about such matters. Anyway, perhaps God will use that lengthy reply for the benefit of someone who is curious about the Kingdom of God - nothing is ever wasted when God is involved!

Cheers, FITO.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sdrawkcabII

When you're capable of creating a real username, composing your own OPs (heck, anything more than one sentence trash talk) & thus making your presence properly known in the forum; when you're capable of permitting yourself to learn anything at all about matters you do not presently understand, then come back here & we can have a chat.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CloneFarm1000

The forbidden fruits of Eden and The Towers of Babylon suggests that mankind most likely wasn't spiritually aligned and experienced enough to ascend to greater heights. It's like the discovery of nuclear power but as a means for war rather than energy.

Thanks for posting a reasonable response to these thematic stories - it is very rare to hear someone come up with the correct response to the Tower of Babel story. Mankind was unified alright - in the wrong direction, with knowledge he had no way of understanding in terms of its depth & potential for destruction, hence God had to mix up the languages & scatter humanity into separate nations, to strive against each other ("Iron sharpens iron") thereby growing as a species - instead of striving in a childish & futile manner against God, even while they held inconceivably powerful means of self-destruction at their fingertips.

God was being compassionate when he responded to the situation in Babylon - but it is rare that people realise that.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
When we contemplate the attendant realities of cymatics we see that in two specific instances, the geometric symbols of a language (Hebrew & Sanskrit), are (apparently) literally created by pronunciation of their vocally-derived resonance patterns as sonic waveforms. This fact indicates that in two cases, someone with knowledge of cymatics artificially crafted a language which (apparently) is able to produce metaphysical effects in the soul complex of those who speak or listen when that language is vocalised.

In the case of Hebrew, it is said that the language was revealed in whole form during the divine transmission of sacred scripture. Furthermore, that scripture (deemed to represent the entirety of the first five books of the Old Testament - the so-called 'Books of Moses') was only discerned by supernatural interpretation & inter-polation of the string of letter forms by Moses. The original transmission was apparently an uninterrupted continuous string of letters without any vowels or spacing between the letters. My presumption is that the language itself was then taught simply by privileged teaching in the community related to the holy scripture itself , as a 'holy language' with all the mysterious secrets thereby associated with it.

In the case of Sanskrit, it is my assumption that the language was drafted by someone with arcane knowledge, someone with some sort of technical background knowledge, either preserved by them since the pre-Adamic time, the 'technology of the gods', which basically was shepherded into the world by 'fallen' beings, those who were in the ranks of the Luciferian rebellion, in the deep prehistorical past. Those beings allegedly had the ability to shape-shift and in some reports (such as the Book of Jasher, and the Book of Noah) they were reptilian in nature, able to present themselves as human. Modern times see such 'conspiracy theories' rubbished & proponents discredited mercilessly if they reveal their beliefs (plus supposed 'controlled opposition' in the form of David Icke, ensuring that devotees take a deep dive into New Age Nonsense, instead of true religion). Allegedly immortal (or extremely long-lived), they would therefore be presently ensconsed as a hidden Elite within modern society, perhaps enmeshed within the noble houses of various monarchies throughout the Old World, spreading as corporate status 'Old Money' familial dynasties/ bloodlines. They would likely attempt to reproduce only sparingly, ensuring that wealth & power are distributed to a central core of ranked beings, as has been suggested by certain researchers (such as Sir Laurence Gardner).

The reason for the creation of Sanskrit would follow along with the pattern of rebellious action under the authority of Lucifer, usurping power, attempting to corrupt the Earth & cast doubt as to the divine authority of the Hebrew scripture, and ultimately, to throw mud against whatever plan of salvation would be implemented by the Most High God, YHWH Adonai, the Lord of Creation, the Alpha & Omega. Lucifer had no clue what Jesus was going to do when He incarnated, but that ancient Serpent had already dealt with the flanks of his position, covering the likely thrust of the attack which could be expected when the incarnation & salvation plan came to fruition, by establishing a so-called 'arcane' science of spiritual matters in the East, which ultimately was & is used to detract from the authenticity of the Hebrew/ Judeo-Christian path.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

Incidentally, this form of gift is the one averred as 'the gift of prophecy', which is well known but little understood. My prophetic gift is made manifest through powerful dreams, others prophesy through the spoken word in prayer, others by written commentary which is inspired.

Jeremiah 23:25-32 (NW):

25 “I have heard the prophets who are prophesying lies in my name say, ‘I had a dream! I had a dream!’ 26 How long will this continue in the heart of the prophets, to prophesy lies? They are prophets of the deceit of their own heart. 27 They intend to make my people forget my name by the dreams they relate to one another, just as their fathers forgot my name because of Baʹal. 28 Let the prophet who has a dream relate the dream, but the one who has my word should speak my word truthfully.

“What does the straw have in common with the grain?” declares Jehovah.

29 “Is not my word just like a fire,” declares Jehovah, “and like a forge hammer that smashes the crag?”

30 “So here I am against the prophets,” declares Jehovah, “who steal my words from one another.”

31 “Here I am against the prophets,” declares Jehovah, “those who use their tongue to say, ‘He declares!’”

32 “Here I am against the prophets of lying dreams,” declares Jehovah, “who relate them and lead my people astray because of their lies and their boasting.”

“But I did not send them or command them. So they will not benefit this people at all,” declares Jehovah.

“So let the one who thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall.” (1 Corinthians 10:12)

“Look out that no one takes you captive by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;” “We have much to say about him, and it is difficult to explain, because you have become dull in your hearing. For although by now* [Lit., “in view of the time.”] you should be teachers, you again need someone to teach you from the beginning the elementary things of the sacred pronouncements of God, and you have gone back to needing milk, not solid food. For everyone who continues to feed on milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a young child. But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment* [Or “their perceptive powers.”] trained to distinguish both right and wrong.” (Col 2:8; Hebrews 5:11-14)

“However, the inspired word* [Lit., “the spirit.”] clearly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired statements* [Lit., “misleading spirits.”] and teachings of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, whose conscience is seared as with a branding iron.”(1 Timothy 4:1,2).

“But what I am doing I will continue to do, in order to eliminate the pretext of those who are wanting a basis for being found equal to us in the things about which they boast. For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works.” (2 Corinthians 11:12-15)

The Apologists​—Christian Defenders or Would-Be Philosophers?

“Christianity” Becomes a Philosophy

The philosopher Celsus mockingly described Christians as “labourers, shoemakers, farmers, the most uninformed and clownish of men.” This mockery was too much for the apologists to bear. They determined to win over public opinion by resorting to a new tactic. Once rejected, worldly wisdom was now used in the service of the “Christian” cause. Clement of Alexandria, for example, saw philosophy as “true theology.” Justin, though claiming to reject pagan philosophy, was the first to use philosophical language and concepts to express “Christian” ideas, considering this type of philosophy “to be safe and profitable.”

From this point on, the strategy was, not to oppose philosophy, but to make supposed Christian thought a philosophy higher than that of the pagans. “On some points we teach the same things as the poets and philosophers whom you honour, and on other points are fuller and more divine in our teaching,” wrote Justin. Adorned with its new philosophical finery, “Christian” thought now claimed the dignity of old age. The apologists pointed out that Christian books were far older than those of the Greeks and that the prophets of the Bible lived earlier than Greek philosophers. Certain apologists even concluded that the philosophers copied from the prophets. Plato was made out to be a disciple of Moses!

Christianity Distorted

This new strategy led to a mixture of Christianity and pagan philosophy. Comparisons were made between Greek gods and Bible characters. Jesus was compared to Perseus; and Mary’s conception to that of Perseus’ mother, Danaë, who was said to be also a virgin.

Certain teachings were greatly modified. For example, in the Bible, Jesus is called “the Logos,” meaning God’s “Word,” or Spokesman. (John 1:1-3, 14-18; Revelation 19:11-13) Very early on, this teaching was distorted by Justin, who like a philosopher played on the two possible meanings of the Greek word logos: “word” and “reason.” Christians, he said, received the word in the person of Christ himself. However, logos in the sense of reason is found in every man, including pagans. Thus, he concluded, those who live in harmony with reason are Christians, even those who claimed or were thought to be atheists, like Socrates and others.

Moreover, by forcing the tie between Jesus and the logos of Greek philosophy, which was closely linked with the person of God, the apologists, including Tertullian, embarked on a course that eventually led Christianity to the Trinity dogma.* [For further information on Tertullian’s beliefs, see The Paradox of Tertullian.]

The word “soul” appears over 850 times in the Bible, including more than 100 times in its Greek form. It basically refers to mortal, living creatures, either human or animal. (1 Corinthians 15:45; James 5:20; Revelation 16:3) The apologists, however, twisted this Bible teaching by linking it with Plato’s philosophy that the soul is separate from the body, invisible and immortal. Minucius Felix even asserted that belief in the resurrection had its early beginnings in Pythagoras’ teaching of the transmigration of the soul. How far Greek influence had led them from the teachings of the Bible!

The Wrong Choice

Some apologists sensed the danger that philosophy could pose to the Christian faith. Yet, even though they criticized the philosophers, they still loved the intellectual approach of philosophy. Tatian, for example, denounced the philosophers for accomplishing nothing good but, at the same time, called the Christian religion “our philosophy” and indulged in philosophical speculations. Tertullian on the one hand decried the influence of pagan philosophy on Christian thinking. On the other hand, he stated that he wanted to follow in the steps of “Justin, philosopher and martyr; Miltiades, the sophist of the churches,” and others. Athenagoras called himself “a Christian philosopher of Athens.” As for Clement, it is said that he felt that “philosophy can be judiciously used by the Christian as an aid to wisdom and the defense of the faith.”

Whatever success these apologists might have had in defending their faith, they had nonetheless committed a serious error in their defense. How so? The apostle Paul reminded Christians that among the spiritual weapons at their disposal, none is more potent than “the word of God,” which “is alive and exerts power.” With it, Paul said, “we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God.”​—Hebrews 4:12; 2 Corinthians 10:4, 5; Ephesians 6:17.

On the night before he was killed, Jesus told his disciples: “Take courage! I have conquered the world.” (John 16:33) The trials and tribulations that he experienced in the world had not overcome his faith and his loyalty to his Father. Similarly, the last surviving apostle, John, wrote: “This is the conquest that has conquered the world, our faith.” (1 John 5:4) Although the apologists wanted to defend the Christian faith, they made the wrong choice in adopting the ideas and the approach of worldly philosophy. In so doing, the apologists allowed themselves to be seduced by such philosophies and, in effect, allowed the world to conquer them and their brand of Christianity. So rather than being champions and defenders of true Christian faith, the apologists of the early church, perhaps unwittingly, fell into the trap set by Satan, who “keeps transforming himself into an angel of light.”​—2 Corinthians 11:14.

The clergy and theologians of the churches today have largely followed in the same path. Instead of defending true Christianity by using God’s Word, they often downgrade the Bible and resort to worldly philosophy in their teaching in an effort to win over public opinion and the establishment. Rather than sounding a warning against the dangers of following the unscriptural trends of the world, they have become teachers who do their best to ‘tickle the ears’ of their listeners in order to win adherents. (2 Timothy 4:3) Sadly, as did the early apologists, these teachers have ignored the apostolic warning: “Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry you off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ.” And we are reminded that “their end shall be according to their works.”​—Colossians 2:8; 2 Corinthians 11:15.

Part 21—1900 onward—Skirts Splattered With Blood (Religion’s Future in View of It’s Past)
edit on 27-5-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 06:41 AM
link   
At least the word of Jehovah God is not corrupt. And as usual, it's spot on.

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
When we contemplate the attendant realities of cymatics we see that in two specific instances, the geometric symbols of a language (Hebrew & Sanskrit), are (apparently) literally created by pronunciation of their vocally-derived resonance patterns as sonic waveforms. This fact indicates that in two cases, someone with knowledge of cymatics artificially crafted a language which (apparently) is able to produce metaphysical effects in the soul complex of those who speak or listen when that language is vocalised.

“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.” (2 Timothy 4:3,4)

“So we should no longer be children, tossed about as by waves and carried here and there by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in deceptive schemes.” (Ephesians 4:14)

Soul (Reasoning From the Scriptures)

Definition: In the Bible, “soul” is translated from the Hebrew neʹphesh and the Greek psy·kheʹ. Bible usage shows the soul to be a person or an animal or the life that a person or an animal enjoys. To many persons, however, “soul” means the immaterial or spirit part of a human being that survives the death of the physical body. Others understand it to be the principle of life. But these latter views are not Bible teachings.

What does the Bible say that helps us to understand what the soul is?

Gen. 2:7: “Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul.” (Notice that this does not say that man was given a soul but that he became a soul, a living person.) (The part of the Hebrew word here rendered “soul” is neʹphesh. KJ, AS, and Dy agree with that rendering. RS, JB, NAB read “being.” NE says “creature.” Kx reads “person.”)

Gen. 9:5: “Besides that, your blood of your souls [or, “lives”; Hebrew, from neʹphesh] shall I ask back.” (Here the soul is said to have blood.)

Josh. 11:11: “They went striking every soul [Hebrew, neʹphesh] that was in it with the edge of the sword.” (The soul is here shown to be something that can be touched by the sword, so these souls could not have been spirits.)

Where does the Bible say that animals are souls?

Gen. 1:20, 21, 24, 25: ...

Lev. 24:17, 18: ...

Rev. 16:3: “It became blood as of a dead man, and every living soul* died, yes, the things in the sea.” (Thus the Christian Greek Scriptures also show animals to be souls.) (*In Greek the word here is psy·kheʹ. KJ, AS, and Dy render it “soul.” Some translators use the term “creature” or “thing.”)

Do other scholars who are not Jehovah’s Witnesses acknowledge that this is what the Bible says the soul is?

“There is no dichotomy [division] of body and soul in the O[ld] T[estament]. The Israelite saw things concretely, in their totality, and thus he considered men as persons and not as composites. The term nepeš [neʹphesh], though translated by our word soul, never means soul as distinct from the body or the individual person. . . . The term [psy·kheʹ] is the N[ew] T[estament] word corresponding with nepeš. It can mean the principle of life, life itself, or the living being.”—New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), Vol. XIII, pp. 449, 450.

“The Hebrew term for ‘soul’ (nefesh, that which breathes) was used by Moses . . . , signifying an ‘animated being’ and applicable equally to nonhuman beings. . . . New Testament usage of psychē (‘soul’) was comparable to nefesh.”—The New Encyclopædia Britannica (1976), Macropædia, Vol. 15, p. 152.

“The belief that the soul continues its existence after the dissolution of the body is a matter of philosophical or theological speculation rather than of simple faith, and is accordingly nowhere expressly taught in Holy Scripture.”The Jewish Encyclopedia (1910), Vol. VI, p. 564.

Emphasis added by me at the end there, so let's zoom in a bit on this philosophical speculation that is nowhere taught in Holy Scripture as it relates to my previous comment, including the teaching that the soul is immaterial rather than material as the Bible teaches...

Soul (Insight on the Scriptures)

The original-language terms (Heb., neʹphesh [נֶפֶשׁ]; Gr., psy·kheʹ [ψυχή]) as used in the Scriptures show “soul” to be a person, an animal, or the life that a person or an animal enjoys.

The connotations that the English “soul” commonly carries in the minds of most persons are not in agreement with the meaning of the Hebrew and Greek words as used by the inspired Bible writers. This fact has steadily gained wider acknowledgment. Back in 1897, in the Journal of Biblical Literature (Vol. XVI, p. 30), Professor C. A. Briggs, as a result of detailed analysis of the use of neʹphesh, observed: “Soul in English usage at the present time conveys usually a very different meaning from נפש [neʹphesh] in Hebrew, and it is easy for the incautious reader to misinterpret.”

More recently, when The Jewish Publication Society of America issued a new translation of the Torah, or first five books of the Bible, the editor-in-chief, H. M. Orlinsky of Hebrew Union College, stated that the word “soul” had been virtually eliminated from this translation because, “the Hebrew word in question here is ‘Nefesh.’” He added: “Other translators have interpreted it to mean ‘soul,’ which is completely inaccurate. The Bible does not say we have a soul. ‘Nefesh’ is the person himself, his need for food, the very blood in his veins, his being.”​—The New York Times, October 12, 1962.

What is the origin of the teaching that the human soul is invisible and immortal?

The difficulty lies in the fact that the meanings popularly attached to the English word “soul” stem primarily, not from the Hebrew or Christian Greek Scriptures, but from ancient Greek philosophy, actually pagan religious thought. Greek philosopher Plato, for example, quotes Socrates as saying: “The soul, . . . if it departs pure, dragging with it nothing of the body, . . . goes away into that which is like itself, into the invisible, divine, immortal, and wise, and when it arrives there it is happy, freed from error and folly and fear . . . and all the other human ills, and . . . lives in truth through all after time with the gods.”​—Phaedo, 80, D, E; 81, A.

In direct contrast with the Greek teaching of the psy·kheʹ (soul) as being immaterial, intangible, invisible, and immortal, the Scriptures show that both psy·kheʹ and neʹphesh, as used with reference to earthly creatures, refer to that which is material, tangible, visible, and mortal.

There's too much evidence from the Bible regarding that last bolded statement of fact or truth, to fit into this comment. You'll just have to click the links to see some of the rest. That is, if you can overcome the attitude described at 2 Timothy 4:3,4 quoted earlier.
edit on 27-5-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

This one is shorter but less detailed (a myth is a false story, like the Greek myʹthos is translated at 2 Timothy 4:4 in the translation I used):

Myth 1: The Soul Is Immortal (One Myth Leads to Another)

This is the introduction page before they start with myth 1 (just to show how this ties into previous Bible quotations that I used concerning human and pagan philosophy):

“LOOK out,” wrote the apostle Paul to Christians living in the latter half of the first century C.E. What was he warning against? “Perhaps there may be someone who will carry you off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men.”​—Colossians 2:8.

Despite Paul’s warning, from the middle of the second century C.E., some Christians began using concepts borrowed from ancient philosophers in order to explain their beliefs. Why? They wanted to be accepted by the educated people of the Roman Empire and thus make more converts.

Justin Martyr, one of the most famous of these Christians, believed that God’s Spokesman had manifested himself to Greek philosophers long before the arrival of Jesus. According to Justin and like-minded teachers, the contribution of philosophy and mythology to Christianity made this form of religion truly universal.

Justin Martyr’s form of Christianity became very successful in gaining converts. However, the adoption of one myth led to the creation of others and produced what is now commonly believed to be Christian doctrine. To expose these myths, compare what the following reference works say with what the Bible actually teaches.

"Myth 4: God Is a Trinity" may also be of interest to some people here who can overcome the attitude described at 2 Tim 4:3,4 and elsewhere. Such as at John 3:19-21:

19 Now this is the basis for judgment: that the light has come into the world, but men* [Or “people.”] have loved the darkness rather than the light, for their works were wicked. 20 For whoever practices vile things hates the light and does not come to the light, so that his works may not be reproved.* [Or “exposed.”] 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that his works may be made manifest as having been done in harmony with God.”

Job 24:13

There are those who rebel against light;

They do not recognize its ways,

And they do not follow its paths.

Knowledge (Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2)

Knowledge (gno'sis) is put in a very favorable light in the Christian Greek Scriptures. However, not all that men may call “knowledge” is to be sought, because philosophies and views exist that are “falsely called ‘knowledge.’” (1Ti 6:20) ...
... Thus Paul wrote about some who were learning (taking in knowledge) “yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge [...] of truth.” (2Ti 3:6, 7)

“... having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power and from these turn away. From among these arise men who slyly work their way into households and captivate weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.” (2Ti 3:5-7)

How does God view the “wisdom” offered by human philosophy?

1 Cor. 1:19-25: “It is written: ‘I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectual men I will shove aside.’ Where is the wise man? Where the scribe? Where the debater of this system of things? Did not God make the wisdom of the world foolish? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom did not get to know God, God saw good through the foolishness [as it appears to the world] of what is preached to save those believing. . . . Because a foolish thing of God [as the world views it] is wiser than men, and a weak thing of God [as the world may see it] is stronger than men.” (Such a viewpoint on God’s part is certainly not arbitrary or unreasonable. He has provided in the Bible, the most widely circulated book in the world, a clear statement of his purpose. He has sent his witnesses to discuss it with all who will listen. How foolish for any creature to think that he has wisdom greater than that of God!)

Source: Philosophy (Reasoning From the Scriptures)

“Woe to those who say that good is bad and bad is good,

Those who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness,

Those who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Woe to those wise in their own eyes

And discreet in their own sight!” (Isaiah 5:20,21)

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Everything has borders.

People look inside the borders to find out what is there but only those who look from outside of the borders know what they are looking at because they see the complete thing.

You can never find on earth what earth is about.

What I am trying to say is, people try to perfect themselves by learning from looking on the inside, to grasp what things are about, but when you looking from the middle towards the border you already forgot what was in the middle. When you look from the outside you can see the picture.

People study the human body on molecular level to create medicines, medicines that nearly always have side effects.
-> Jesus touched men and said 'be healed'.

We are looking at the inside and all we should need to look for is to get on the outside, but searching in the inside is distractive and pleasant and you think you're learning, but all you do is forgetting.

top topics

join