It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I have studied economics all my life, as well as the stock and bond markets. My best, educated estimate of this situation is that we are in a sort of slow melt down that hasn't hit bottom yet. The worst is yet to come, but I think a total collapse is unlikely.

With that said, yea the shortages will get worse. Learned yesterday that the fuel shortage is the result of refineries having been closed due to the virus, and many of the older facilities will never be reopened so prices will continue to rise to $6 a gallon to $10 a gallon on the coasts and there will be diesel rationing on the East Coast.

Really, this has been in the works for a long time and it's all part of the WEF reset which, of course, US elites have bought into. Personally, I am just waiting to see what the mid-terms produce. And if the Dems can orchestrate another stolen election in 2024, I will be looking at leaving the country.

To the youth I would say that if the Uniparty wins in 2024, they should be looking at getting out as well. The model followed by the Leftist elites is South Africa, and if you don't like the looks of that, it's best to leave while you still can.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Thanks for your consideration on the current situation.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
a reply to: rickymouse

Switch to Coal - We have a Victorian with 5 fire places 2 gas 2 wood and the main Coal and it pretty much aids the whole house burns longer hotter !

The only place I can get coal around here now is from the thin veins in areas where they blasted hills to put roads through. I should go and grab a bit of that black rock layer...about six inches to a foot thick...and see if it burns. It does seem that it leaches down onto the other rock from weathering and stains the rock black. Not really worth mining I suppose, but it would be interesting to find out if it is actually coal. I don't know of another rock that it could be with those properties. I guess there are some thin veins here according to an engineer at the local Iron mine...but it would be more work than it is worth to extract it he mentioned.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Hecate666
So of course in order to kill anyone who hasn't got the space or the money to store/buy any food in masses, you have to buy everything that's available. Please do, buy as much as you can. I understand it's survival of the one with most storage space and money.
Don't worry about the elderly or disabled or single mums. Just buy lots of food to make it difficult for others to survive.
Somewhere it makes sense. And I'll be the last to go against natural selection.
Just wondering about your conscience.

Some of us buy and store because of elderly, disable as well as children, family and friends.

Personally, I can't imagine a scenario where what preps I've done only benefit me. I can not do everything. Can not supply everything. There will be people that will benefit and a smaller number of them that will likely contribute little by comparison.

What you bring up is the prepper's dilemma. Most of the professional survivalists guys will tell you your chance of surviving in the wilderness alone are very low even if prepared. So many preppers know that they will need a like minded community for support, esp. when bugging in. However, the dilemma is you shouldn't broadcast your preparedness. You should keep your supplies secret as well as look and act like everyone else who hadn't prepared. Even if you think you can trust people that you are a prepper, word can still get out or you find you couldn't trust those people.

I get it man, i do. However should the situation arise, its not about me surviving.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I get that too, that's why I call it the prepper's dilemma. Self sacrifice for the security and well being of others and a dedication to close family and friends is a stance that deserves great respect. It's a decision that will distinguish you from others and likely have you take a leadership role.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   

No worries, was just saying that if the SHTF, there will be lots of "normies" in a bad way. You can't help everyone. Seemingly harmless folks will not be so harmless.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

I am very close with someone who was in charge of the systems, and yes, some folk consider it a "job" figuring out and maintaining a life living on the dole.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Concerning rock salt. Edibility depends on impurities in the source deposit and if it was treated to help it melt ice. Water softening salt, not sure, seems like it would be edible.

Rock salt is often mined, crushed, screened and sent on it's way, but table salt has to be nearly pure, 97% to 99% sodium chloride, NaCl.

It seems to me you should be able to make a brine and filter out most of the impurities, then evaporate it into salt again. This is a method Morton Salt uses, but with large volume industrial machines.

Vacuum Evaporation Method

Another method of salt production used by Morton Salt is the evaporation of salt brine by steam heat in large commercial evaporators, called vacuum pans. This method yields a very high purity salt, fine in texture, and principally used in those applications requiring the highest quality salt.

The first part of the operation is known as solution mining. Wells are drilled from several hundred to 1,000 feet apart into the salt deposit. These wells are connected via lateral drilling, a recently developed technology. Once the wells are connected, the solution mining operation begins: water is pumped down one well, the salt below is dissolved, and the resulting brine is forced to the surface through the other well. It is then piped into large tanks for storage.

www.mortonsalt.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The better half and myself encountered some folks up at the road yesterday, they lost some cattle and were out tracking them down through the swamps. Our friend and his relatives down the road are helping with the search and we talked with him a little about food. He told us there is a new butcher shop starting up and the owner is someone he knows. He's getting us 10lbs of chicken from the butcher.

There's also a new farm nearby, about two or three years running with a market, we were right there when they opened and we are in with the owners. We are guaranteed eggs, chicken, beef and pork from the conversations we've had. We are on good terms with the local nursery owners as well. I just need to hook up with the Amish, haven't done that yet and they are the ones to get to know.

Networking is necessary, go out and get to know your neighbors and local market owners. You may find like I am finding, that they are like minded and trust worthy. Something else, since the pandemic, many of the local farmer's co-ops have closed. Now the nearest ones are some 20 miles away or more. It will become very costly to acquire feed grains and crop seed now. The local farmers and green house owners need to create some new co-ops to fill the void.
edit on 15-6-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I love the ideas of co-ops for food etc but wasn't there just a story that an Amish farmer was arrested and being fined huge money because he was butchering and selling meat to some local people?

If everything goes to hell it wouldn't matter but times like this when a co-ops would be valuable to rural areas it seems the "rules" are stacked against them and if the wrong people find out they will make your life miserable..

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Your OP mentioned baking goods going quickly in a crisis. I expect shortening would be part of that as well. Depressing list to look at.

When covid kicked off in Europe, there was some panic buying -- no TP in the store and no potatoes. Kind of an "oh s***" moment. Fortunately settled down quickly.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

I've had chickens butchered by an Amish without a problem.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I live in city limits and until this year rarely heard gunfire. Now we hear explosions every week as I'm betting people are making improvised explosives using tannerite and testing it out. Kind of depressing really. Your neighbors may be very nice people but if their kids are starving no telling what they might do, and who can blame them? I may be stocking up but it's with the goal of being able to help others, not to be last man standing.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   
In order to avoid the red wave, and cover up numerous things like the failing economy, vaxx failure and side effects, HB laptop, inflation, shortages, etc, I feel that there will be some sort of "event" after labor day. Whatever that is will likely cause a planned failure of society in many aspects. There will then be a rough period were people struggle to survive. If nothing improves, 90% of people will die in the first year, mainly due to lack of resources etc.

I see that as a much stronger possibility than I did last year.

<< 1  2   >>

join