It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Pronoun Is an Oxymoron

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think it’s actually a pretty simple solution to all this nonsense.

Just don’t play along with brainwashed delusional people. Let them call themselves whatever the hell they want, doesn’t mean I have to go along with their mental illness.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   
If any idiot asks for my personal pronoun I just say "it"
makes them squirm.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I can't think of a bigger conspiracy. Quality content here.

A stable language with set definitions of words is paramount to a stable society.

We have laws and constitutions that were written where the specific meaning of words define their intent.

Subtle changes to language can skew th prior intent and meaning of all legal documents.

This is not trivial.

As in the liberal progressive attempt to remove the word "mother" from the English language as transphobic and politically incorrect. Democrats have already removed the word mother from many legal documents and replaced it with "birthing person" which to me implies someone only good for being a baby factory, definitely not a word that implies love, caring, or bonding of any kind.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   

i always had a problem that albert didn't include thang in his list of pronouns.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I saw someone in a video say that you cant have your own pronouns just like you cant have your own adjectives.

www.youtube.com...

Logic or nah?

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: coop039
I saw someone in a video say that you cant have your own pronouns just like you cant have your own adjectives.

www.youtube.com...

Logic or nah?

You technically can, but they cease to be pronouns. They become nouns - names or titles.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

I have a simpler solution. I just use the word "it", as in "it's what ever it wants to be."

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
My favorite and works for everyone who insists I use something I care not to is "Sh!tHead". Very universal and does not discriminate

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You'll be telling us next that men don't have uterus' or periods.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
My favorite and works for everyone who insists I use something I care not to is "Sh!tHead". Very universal and does not discriminate

You could use "Sh!tButt" for diversity.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: LordAhriman

Not a conspiracy. Most people are ignorant of grammar and don't even know all the basic parts of speech, let alone the functions they serve in speech and writing.

They'd rather teach masturbation instead of English now.

At the rate we're going, Outer Sloverbia will out-pace us in the education department.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376
You'll be telling us next that men don't have uterus' or periods.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Understand I am not talking about gendered v. ungendered. I am talking three people who look to be the same gender and would technically be referred to with the same pronoun, but one wants she, one wants they, and one wants xer. There is no structure to that, and it blows up the purpose and structure of the pronoun in grammar.

I consider the person whatever gender(s), or genderlessness, they identify as. What I think offends people the most is they have been classically discriminated against for identifying as a different gender than their appearance, so they want their identification of self to be respected.

People want to be treated as individuals. So that if someone identifies as a different gender, genders, or as genderless, that is simply respected of them - including in how they are talked about and referred to.

Language should change to accommodate individual needs.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkingHolic

In this case, the language is not intended to be personal to anybody.

As I've already explained, the pronoun is an impersonal placeholder intended to serve as a shorthand to make communication less awkward and clunky. When Joe is xer and Sally is he and I am she while Carl is they or it, and everyone is expected to recall that even if they seldom interact with us, we might as well not have pronouns at all. The effort it takes is like simply remembering that person is Joe, that one is Sally, and that one is me, and Carl is over there.

It defeats the purpose of having them and instead sort of makes it like having to remember two names for everyone instead of just one.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Personal pronouns are moronic.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

I think it’s actually a pretty simple solution to all this nonsense.

Just don’t play along with brainwashed delusional people. Let them call themselves whatever the hell they want, doesn’t mean I have to go along with their mental illness.

Thats my exact feelings on all this. I refuse to play their stupid name games and if he or she doesn't like it....then tough #.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   

It may seem too difficult to keep up with.

What if a biological male looked feminine, like a biological female, but still identified as a biological male? Would it be alright if he wanted to be called "he" instead of "she," or would "she" be preferred because easier to keep up with?

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

This just in from the Politically Correct Newsroom...........

From NOW ON , and Until Further Notice , All HU MONS Will be Politically Correctly Addressed as Hesheit's .

End Of Transmission.....
edit on 23-5-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The problem we face right now is English only has basically three pronouns: "he", "she" and "it". None of them describe a person whose gender is unknown, or a bit of both.

We just need one new word. Not 50. Just one.

originally posted by: WalkingHolic

Understand I am not talking about gendered v. ungendered. I am talking three people who look to be the same gender and would technically be referred to with the same pronoun, but one wants she, one wants they, and one wants xer. There is no structure to that, and it blows up the purpose and structure of the pronoun in grammar.

I consider the person whatever gender(s), or genderlessness, they identify as. What I think offends people the most is they have been classically discriminated against for identifying as a different gender than their appearance, so they want their identification of self to be respected.

People want to be treated as individuals. So that if someone identifies as a different gender, genders, or as genderless, that is simply respected of them - including in how they are talked about and referred to.

Language should change to accommodate individual needs.

That's the whole problem right there: Trying to change something as generalized as language spoken by the many to meet the needs of the one.

That can work, but only so long as we set a reasonable limit on how many changes can be required. Somewhere between 420 million and 600 million people speak English as their native language.

If each one of them got to make a change to it, the language would need to have about 10,000 times more changes made to it than it even has words.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join