It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Worst BBQ Ever

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Mom's...think about it....

It's almost like there's two natural solutions to this problem hanging right in front of you. What could they be.......hmmmmm.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Damn you're quick!

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They make a meatless vegan jerky now. Walking tacos is mana from the gods compared to that abomination.

Here is some from Walmart

We need to put all the people that want to eat things like vegan jerky and walking tacos together and tell them there is a man bun convention in Augustus’s basement.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: SirHardHarry
a reply to: JAGStorm

Korean people are addicted to salty flavors.

lol, the amount of salt in kimchi alone will raise your blood pressure by at least 1000 points.

Oddly all the Korean people I know/knew have very low blood pressure, myself included!

Probably have so much generational salt in your system you have to maintain a high intake to regulate it. lol

Not us Americans so much.

I really wonder if it is something like that. There is a dish I make called soy sauce meat that contains a whole bottle of soy sauce. The sodium content is probably enough for a month. Everyone goes crazy over it. Actually when my daughter comes home from college that is her #1 requested meal.

The way we eat it is not like Americans do, we eat it like a side dish. Americans love it too much and want to eat it like a main dish. We also use the sauce from it to season other things and due to the high sodium content it lasts for a very long time. All those things were created before modern refrigeration.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Checked their website and wanted to order two gift packages but at the checkout I can not give a country, sure they ship international?

The US beef I can get is from three farms in Nebraska. I could give you the names if I had the book here. First order I got book with all the different meats, cuts and every country had it's own dedicated 30 page section with farmers and photos of the places. Very informative about the places and methods, how to prepare the meat.

I bought a bit more the second time because first beef order was so good (Argentina), so I ordered them again about a year later and focused on US beef also. That's where the US pork baby back ribs were from, too. I had normal US ribs too they turned out really good. I got one piece of wagyu and had some back and forth with the butcher about how to prepare it.

So he came around with his own piece too and showed me how to do it on my cast iron plancha and on the stainless one. Wow it was soooo good! Then we grilled some more meat and he showed me the do and don't. A lot I knew already but it was great watching his techniques and how he handles the meat on the grill. Learned a lot and feel more secure to handle the more expensive meats on the grill.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The best BBQ I've had, hands down, is in Edinburg, VA. It's called Bean's Barbeque and is in an old service station. I'm from SC, lived in NC, lived in TN, and have traveled the world. I would put that place up against the best of the best out there. They do brisket on Thursday, if you're not there by 10:30, then you are SOL on getting any.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
Checked their website and wanted to order two gift packages but at the checkout I can not give a country, sure they ship international?

I must have gotten them mixed up with one of the other places I ordered from. Let me see if I can find the other one.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

The best BBQ I've had, hands down, is in Edinburg, VA. It's called Bean's Barbeque and is in an old service station. I'm from SC, lived in NC, lived in TN, and have traveled the world. I would put that place up against the best of the best out there. They do brisket on Thursday, if you're not there by 10:30, then you are SOL on getting any.

Those are the best kind of places! Brisket is what I normally order, I do like the dry, not the wet.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I don't get the vegan jerky.

Wouldn't fruit leather work just as well?

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   

New mother's of the last 60+ years....seem to be unaware of the billions and billions of babies born....without "formula".

It isn't like it's needed. Never was prior to it's invention. Hmmm....so what are mom's whinnin'?

Please. Jesus. Ghandi, Shakespeare, Hitler, Tesla, Queens of....no formula.

Ok, there can be really only one reason: convenience n nutrients ....but? Billions born forever...without.

If you move to a mountain w baby....will it live...without store bought????

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabretoothrabbit
Tons of BBQ places everywhere here in Florida. Most are really good, some not so good. The best ones IMO are hog heaven, backyard boys, Woodys, and Dustins. People love 4-River but it's kind of commercial to me plus I think people like it because it's near the Daytona 500 track in Daytona one.

ever heard of Lupton's in Tampa?
they were good back in the day.
I think one was called 'Fat Man's'.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

ever heard of Lupton's in Tampa?
they were good back in the day.
I think one was called 'Fat Man's'.

No, all the bbq places I went to were on the Atlantic side.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I always find it odd vegans try to emulate meat.....

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join