It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Propaganda and the Claims of Mass Graves at Mariupol

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Here is an excerpt from the Washington Post on the site that was deemed a mass grave.

The images, provided Thursday to The Washington Post by Maxar Technologies, show several rows of graves in four distinct sections, each measuring nearly 280 feet. The company’s review of the images indicates that the new graves appeared between March 23 and March 26 and that there are now more than 200 burial plots alongside an existing cemetery.

The Mariupol City Council said in a statement on Telegram that officials believe up to 9,000 civilians could be buried in the mass grave, where authorities said Russians forces “dug new trenches and filled them with corpses every day throughout April.” The council added that it has information indicating the bodies were “buried in several layers.” There was no immediate independent verification available of those claims.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Notice the bolded statement that they were individual burial plots. The satellite photos in their article even show individual graves. If you read their article they even say that the graves are right by an existing cemetary.

I have read that our satellites can determine even minute changes in topography down to a centimeter.

To be very clear, our government would absolutely be able to determine if there were mass graves.

The term mass grave has been defined. There is specific imagery people recall when the term is used.

When you look up the term mass grave this is one of the first things you will see.

When doing a search for pictures of mass graves this is the result on Google.
Mass Grave

To call an individual grave a mass grave is a lie. They do so to invoke imagery and emotional response. Calling it a cemetery would not achieve their goal.

Eva Bartlett is a Canadian independent journalist. She has spent years on the ground covering conflict zones in the Middle East, especially in Syria and Palestine.

This is her on-site report on what the western media and UA had claimed was a "mass grave" site in Mariupol.

For those still claiming that Ru dug mass graves just outside of Mariupol, you are spreading propaganda. The type of propaganda that is a flat-out lie.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Why this thread? It is because some people do not understand what a mass grave is. To them, a cemetery may be a mass grave.
Then there are other people on these boards that I have presented this exact information to them and they still continue to call cemeteries mass graves.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Maybe they were talking about other graves? I've seen both mass graves and individual. And mass burial isn't necessarily the result of war crimes, and war crime victims can he buried individually.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   

When the UNITED NATIONS says about 3,400 civilians have died in Ukraine.

news.un.org...

I guess that number is the most important fact?

Far less than what was projected early on by Ukraine officials looking for fighter-jets, money, etc..

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I doubt very much that the Russians killed numbers of civilians in Ukraine. It seems to me, and compared to the way we attacked Iraq and Syria and elsewhere, the Russians have gone out of their way to avoid killing civilians.

The western media propaganda is just that, propaganda. Ghost of Kyiv and all that pap.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Maybe they were talking about other graves? I've seen both mass graves and individual. And mass burial isn't necessarily the result of war crimes, and war crime victims can he buried individually.

If they were talking about other mass graves then why post satellite photos of an area and say we have satellite photos of mass graves. The article states where they were the reporter went to where it was stated there were mass graves.

It is not a mistake. It was propaganda. The headline meant more than the truth.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Because MSM is #ty I guess? I'm just bringing these things up so you can't use it for your own propaganda purposes.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The wording is a bit confusing.

show several rows of graves in four distinct sections, each measuring nearly 280 feet.

Does that mean each row is 280 feet, each section is 280 feet, or each grade is 280 feet?

If it's each grave that's 280 feet and there's 200 of them, then that would certainly constitute mass graves.

Let's do some math. The average Ukrainian measures 5.66' tall. So even if they were buried head to toe in a single layer, that still comes out to around 10,000 dead civilians.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You could just watch the video listen to the priest/caretaker and look at the pictures if you are confused.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You could just watch the video listen to the priest/caretaker and look at the pictures if you are confused.

Mass graves come in different sizes and layouts apparently.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

"It seems to me, and compared to the way we attacked Iraq and Syria and elsewhere, the Russians have gone out of their way to avoid killing civilians."

Unbelievable. Quite literally.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

A cemetery is the perfect place to hide a mass grave. Dig a deep enough hole. Fill it with more than one body, cover it over and finish with a grave marking on top.

The legal issue of disinterring the marked graves keeps the multiple body content hidden from sight in perpetuity.

edit on 18/5/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

When the UNITED NATIONS says about 3,400 civilians have died in Ukraine.

news.un.org...

I guess that number is the most important fact?

Far less than what was projected early on by Ukraine officials looking for fighter-jets, money, etc..

To put this into perspective, the city of Negaunee has about four thousand five hundred people in it's city limits, it is not a very big down. If the whole city of Negaunee blew up and there were very few survivors, it would only make the national news for a couple of days....If they could not put some twist on the town blowing up to make it look interesting, it might not even make the national news.

War is war, that number is not really an atrocious number of civilian casualties for how long this has been going on now, we did more killing of civilians in the first month of the war in Iraq than this.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

No. The locals in the video said THERE ARE NO MASS GRAVES. They said there NO RUSSIANS were killing mass amounts of people.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Source, please?

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Even if you believe Russians are perfect angels, there's pictures of mass graves. You can argue over who's to blame if you want.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

It is getting worse when it comes to propaganda for Mariupol.

David Petraeus Went on the Media to proclaim the far right Azov fighters as "heroic defenders of Mariupol
edit on 18-5-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

And you assume the Ukrainians as pure innocents...
While ignoring what they had done for the past 8 years in Eastern Ukraine.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

there's pictures of mass graves

I am sure there are many many of mass graves which had been commited by the pure and sweet perfect angels US angels when they wen to wars and started their invasions.

Its a given why they are making sure that most things dont come out of the war in Iraq.

Remember the prefect US angels refusing to release the footage where their pilot had killed innocent civilians and journalists?

I wonder how many more such things and such war crimes had happened but was covered up.....

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

I don't think they're innocent, I know some prisoners were shot for example. You're probably referring to genocide of Russian speakers though, which is untrue.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join