It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scan your smile to pay for your shopping - huge checkout change on way for supermarkets

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
I personally do not even use payment apps on my phone.

Neither do I and I'm in the industry, I stick with tap to pay with my card. Not because I'm super concerned about my identity getting hacked, I just don't want to feed the system anymore meta data, they get enough as it is.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
a reply to: MiddleInsite

So now instead of waiting on someone in front of you to dig out their card, you will have to wait for for them to redo their makeup, hair, and put on the right glasses to match what the machine thinks is them? And you think this is an improvement?

Speaking of glasses, that is another problem with facial recognition. The glasses distort the face and make it unreadable. They can't get a consistent scan if you have strong glasses. This has caused several trials to give up.

do you still have to scan the shopping stuff?

i found that is the part that takes the longest time at the register.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Forget wearing a mask in public, I'm going to start wearing prosthetics.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

When all this tech is working seamlessly and CBDC’s are implemented, you just “click and collect” your allocated shopping.

You see because of shortages caused by some pandemic or some war and supply chain issues, oh and climate change, you won’t be able to buy just what you want anymore. Rather you will be allocated your rations and possibly some treats if your social credit score is high enough.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 02:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join