It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disposable Heroes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Survivors of the 79th Brigade, 2nd, and 3rd battalion were left to die by their officers. They believe they were thrown as meat with zero expectations of survival to cover up the incompetence of their command. Officers run away from the battlefield and refuse to take the wounded.

They were told to put up a circle defense against 30 tanks when they only had one, told to fight tanks with their bare hands. They had no Artillery support, no air support, no chance.

Now they are labeled as deserters because they fell back against overwhelming odds with no support. Over 75% casualty rate leaving their brother's corpses back in the trenches.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

That song will never lose weight.

One of my personal favs.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
"Back to the front!..."

The meat grinder of war will never lose it's insatiable lust for blood.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Mate one of the extremely cold realities of being a soldier is this ' All Soldiers are disposable ' .

Now I know people will disagree with me on this but it's the Truth the life of a soldier is to take life or give your own life , and the Life of an Officer is to keep your men alive but also if necessary send them to there deaths.

This is why following orders in the military is the most important rule above all others.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   

"Treating people just like pawns in chess..."

Both sides are doing it.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan
You're right. 👍

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

King George VI: I am impressed by the detail, the comprehensiveness of your planning. The expected losses, the sheer carnage...

Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower: I also ache at that thought, your majesty. I remember my first trip to Europe as a young man, and I felt blessed to be here, to see it, to touch the origins of my own country that I love so dearly. I hoped one day all young Americans will have the same opportunity. Now hundreds of thousands will, along with Britons, and Canadians and European Allies fighting to return home. This kind of visit isn't what I had in mind. But if they do not offer the sacrifice in blood now, we will all pay dearly with added gallons later. So if some must die, it is in a worthy cause.

edit on 17-5-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

join