It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative MP Arrested Over Rape And Sexual Assault Allegations

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Well, they are the party in Govt so it is pretty relevant.

And if it's who the scuttlebutt says it is, he's very loudly in favour of harsh sentences - to the point of castration - of sex offenders.

The Tories are in danger of a repeat of the 1990s, where the party of family values didn't have any.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I was watching this live last night and apparently there was breaking news and another has been charged
im sure it was on the sky news update about it

shocking man

how many more ?

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

No problem.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
bareillycollege.org...

Allegedly............

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I posted the scuttlebutt.

Disclaimer - I'm sure the guy is innocent and these rumours are just dreadful lies. Ahem.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

youtu.be...

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: andy06shake

I was watching this live last night and apparently there was breaking news and another has been charged
im sure it was on the sky news update about it

shocking man

how many more ?

I think the person referred to in this thread is the most recent.

Not so long ago Nazir Ahmed (Lord) was convicted of similar offences and some historic ones and got five years for it.

How many more?

I really wouldn't like to guess but a few years ago there was a report that about 40% of sitting MPs had convictions for a variety of offences ranging from minor things to some quite serious crimes.
Some have been in jail for a while but I don't know any details about how this affects them going back to politics.

The rehabilitation of offenders act probably applies to them like the rest of us but my cynical side says they'll get more lenient treatment than you or I.

ETA I think that report was about ten years ago so some of them may not still be there.

edit on 1852022 by Tulpa because: Added

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

🤣🤣🤣

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I posted the scuttlebutt.

Disclaimer - I'm sure the guy is innocent and these rumours are just dreadful lies. Ahem.

Beat you to it, mate. I named his constituency a few posts back!

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Ah, but did you say "allegedly"?

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Looks like Police have bailed the MP pending further investigation into a string of allegations, including indecent assault, abuse of a position of trust/power, and even misconduct in a public office.

IMHO sex offenders cannot be rehabilitated or fixed, and the fact is that the goverment and authorities cannot even be bothered to properly monitor them after release.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
We are all beating around the bush as to who this is, they lot of them are decrepit corrupt and devious sadly mostly on both sides of the house.

Sadly both of the main party's have harboured such men, it comes with the territory so to speak were power attracts those that wish to abuse it.

The fault with our politics is this, we have party's that select the candidates then the public really have no say they just get the preselected assortment of often speakers - not doers - that are then proffered to us at the poll's, most of us vote on inertia, we vote right or left depending on our family traditions or have been persuaded by speakers - NOT DOERS - and end up always in the same pickle with a bunch of corrupt idiots running our nation into the ground like the current Tory government is doing.

Oh if only we could bring back the calibre of our older politicians from the 1980's, 70's and 60's, Rusty lady not withstanding.

I have had a quick trawl but can not find anything reliable as to this individual's identity, still I do love a good barbecue especially when it is a corrupt politician on the skewer.

edit on 19-5-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join