It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shootings in Chicago almost every day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 01:04 AM
link   
So, Chicago is basically a War Zone at this point. There is a shooting on the news almost every day. Some of it is in the suburbs of Chicago, but the news makes it sound like it's in Chicago.

A couple of years back, Chicago had a law against owning a Handgun, but the Supreme Court shot it down.

Then it was quiet for a couple of months. Presumably because Chicagoans could then go out and legally get a gun. And criminals don't want to be shot at. Then one weekend, people started shooting again.

Chicago's Police Chief said most of the shootings were with unregistered guns. I'm assuming they get this info from the bullets.

This is crazy.

I wonder if we'll hear that they sent in the National Guard.

What do you think they can do to stop this?

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Clearly they need to defund the police, burn down all the local businesses and destroy any and all statues. Then all the decent people with money should move out of there and simply let the rest of the retards take care of each other 🤫

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 01:19 AM
link   

The answer to your query is actually a question.

Whom is shooting at whom?

When you honestly answer that you will know more than you do now.

P

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Gangbangers shooting gangbangers doesn't count unless you are trying to tally the war score...it only counts when they miss. Those guys should meet the wood chipper feet first!

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Gangbangers shooting gangbangers doesn't count unless you are trying to tally the war score...it only counts when they miss. Those guys should meet the wood chipper feet first!

Your wrong because it was “mutual” combat 😃

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 03:31 AM
link   

If you're from this area, you know that most of the shootings do NOT make the news.

Too many: heyjackass.com...

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

Chicago's Police Chief said most of the shootings were with unregistered guns. I'm assuming they get this info from the bullets.

This is crazy.

I wonder if we'll hear that they sent in the National Guard.

...from the bullets?
How do you figure that?

This has been going on for decades in chigaco- it's a total wasteland of crime- TOP to bottom.
If you've done any digging on it, you'd find claims of random crates of firearms showing up in alley ways.
Firearms go missing from the Chicago PD evidence locker all the time.

Bribes run rampant all the way to the top there.

The only way to fix it is to elect leadership that wants it fixed.
That means starting with tossing lightfoot and everyone she works with on a regular basis out onto the crime filled streets they help perpetuate, for starters. Then a full top-down reform of the chicago PD- which will be difficult, since anyone who stands up to corruption within the club winds up getting shot.

After that, the organized gangs that are currently working WITH the politicians and police would be operating independently- so they'd need to be shut down next. Again, from the top down.

Of course, the root of the problem is poverty- and the only solution for that is a strong economy and citizens willing to work in it.
Our economy is boned nation wide.
You can't fix an economy with welfare checks, and you can't fix an economy when there's high crime. Once a place goes down this death spiral, I don't know how it could escape. Parts of California are rapidly approaching Chicago- as are parts of New York, certain areas inside Boston MA, and I give it a couple of years before Texas starts seeing it in some of their larger cities, too.

It takes people who want to work hard for a better life.
It takes cops who stop crime.
It takes politicians who encourage a change for the better, and pass laws that help the city.
It takes good education.

Chicago has none of these, it seems, so it will fester.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It is not just Chicago as a friend of mine who lives in N.E. Houston a place called Humble, Texas is getting ready to move . He said the open borders of Texas are letting the cartels move in and as they set up their distribution routes someone is being shot or killed almost every day. Chicago has been a major cartel distribution city for a very long time and as the cartels continue to move in there will be more turf wars, more death, and more drugs..

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 06:13 AM
link   

This isn't a new problem, anyone remember Al Capone?

The city is a mess of multi-generational poverty, street gangs, organized crime, racketeering, smuggling networks.

For anyone interested, they're are some pretty good maps of where recovered guns come from:

Link

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Hey Chicago, Milwaukee says “Hold my beer!”

There are also shooting here almost every day.
They do seem to only happen in a defined area.

Unlike Chicago, guns are legal and plentiful here and people know there are those itching to use their gun.
This seems to keep things in some balance.

I do feel for those that are poverty stricken and can’t leave those areas.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I've lived in Chicago for 23 years now. Almost all the violence is gang related either directly or indirectly. Chicago has more gangs than any other city. Gang culture in Chicago is part of the fabric of the lower class blacks and hispanics.

The problem is that there is only so much police can do. They arrest the gangbangers and then you get liberal District Attorneys and judges letting them back out on the street.

It is a cultural issue. The lower class black community is beyond help. Chicago doesn't have a gun problem, we have a feral young black male problem. YTD 78% of homicide victims are black. Another 17% are hispanic. That is literally 95%! Almost all of it gang related. Chicago has literally close to zero white homicides. Let that sink in.

The black community has to come to grips with the street & gang culture that has taken over the community. Black leadership likes to play stupid as they hate airing the black community dirty laundry. However, I assure you as a black man, that behind closed doors.... Obama, Jesse, Al, and the rest of the preachers, community activist, etc all can't stand the hoodrat ghetto culture that has become so mainstream in the black community. This is why a mass shooting like Buffalo or an incident like George Floyd will garner so much attention, but the community is silent about a 9 and 6 year old that were killed last week here in Chicago. 9 year old shot 6 times playing with his little brother.

All Chicago can do as a city is contain the teens / young adults to the south and west sides of the city. The past several weeks have seen Dothraki hordes of coming down to Michigan Avenue and Millenium Park causing havoc. A few days ago, we literally had a 16 year killed at the Bean during one of these teen hordes.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
This is just more of the same ol' same ol' in Chicago. I have been aware of his problem basically my whole adult life. I live outside Chicago now but spent several years in the 90's living in the city proper.
The south and west sides of Chicago have always been bad but in the past few decades you have places far north and pockets in the northwest areas of the city having similar issues, ie; Rogers Park, Portage Park.
Like you state the gang culture is permeating the lower classes, the crimes aren't prosecuted or poorly so. There is no leadership in Chicago/Cook County. It truly is a criminal organization at this point which turns a blind eye to the other criminals as long as it doesn't cut into their graft and corruption. Sadly the populace passively allows it to happen. The apathy is palpable here.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
It is not just Chicago as a friend of mine who lives in N.E. Houston a place called Humble, Texas is getting ready to move . He said the open borders of Texas are letting the cartels move in and as they set up their distribution routes someone is being shot or killed almost every day. Chicago has been a major cartel distribution city for a very long time and as the cartels continue to move in there will be more turf wars, more death, and more drugs..

humble was fine when i was there. early80's. houston was pretty good too.

my cousin has a trucking company there still.
my brother drove for him for about 10 yrs. i was there for 2 yrs. then headed to colorado.

it's a shame about the influx of crime there. i had mexican and viet friends there. we'd bbq almost every sunday.

we didn't have much trouble that i heard of. outside the usual city stuff.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1
This is just more of the same ol' same ol' in Chicago. I have been aware of his problem basically my whole adult life. I live outside Chicago now but spent several years in the 90's living in the city proper.
The south and west sides of Chicago have always been bad but in the past few decades you have places far north and pockets in the northwest areas of the city having similar issues, ie; Rogers Park, Portage Park.
Like you state the gang culture is permeating the lower classes, the crimes aren't prosecuted or poorly so. There is no leadership in Chicago/Cook County. It truly is a criminal organization at this point which turns a blind eye to the other criminals as long as it doesn't cut into their graft and corruption. Sadly the populace passively allows it to happen. The apathy is palpable here.

They've spread a lot of the hoodrats to other parts of the city and some suburbs. They bring the gang culture with them. A 9 year old was killed and 6 year old shot in Skokie last week. Freaking Skokie! Visiting "Grandma's house". I'm sure the real story is someone was living in the Section 8 apartment either with Grandma or a neighbor who was a gang member who was the intended target.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

They've spread a lot of the hoodrats to other parts of the city and some suburbs. They bring the gang culture with them. A 9 year old was killed and 6 year old shot in Skokie last week. Freaking Skokie! Visiting "Grandma's house". I'm sure the real story is someone was living in the Section 8 apartment either with Grandma or a neighbor who was a gang member who was the intended target.

I've often posted in minority forums that if you want to reduce the shootings, take the shootings to the "nice" neighborhoods. You'll then get the attention of those who can do something about the violence.

So far this year, there have been a much larger number of shootings in suburbs and the Downtown/Loop/MagMile area.

Also, 273 shootings on the Expressways, where millions of people drive, including VIP's across many professions.

Maybe Biden will re-activate the Trump DOJ's "Operation LeGend" and add additional resources, now that some "people who matter" are in harms way.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You're right about the dispursiment to other areas and section 8 housing contributing.

I have a question for you. I am certain you are aware of Andrew Holmes, the community organizer who seems to always be with the victims family after these crimes. What is your take on him? If you have an opinion. I think he is altruistic and is a goodhearted person. Don't let my opinion sway you as It is merely my observation through the years.

However I am curious as to your thoughts.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You're right about the dispursiment to other areas and section 8 housing contributing.

I have a question for you. I am certain you are aware of Andrew Holmes, the community organizer who seems to always be with the victims family after these crimes. What is your take on him? If you have an opinion. I think he is altruistic and is a goodhearted person. Don't let my opinion sway you as It is merely my observation through the years.

I don't have an opinion on him. Familiar with him but don't know enough to have any feelings one way or another. A lot of the activist seem to have good intentions, but I don't find them too bright or honest in their assessments as to how to stop a lot of the violence. They seem to focus on guns or other issues like economic development in terms of their solutions to the problem. They never question whether it is just the community culture that is the culprit.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I don't have an opinion on him. Familiar with him but don't know enough to have any feelings one way or another. A lot of the activist seem to have good intentions, but I don't find them too bright or honest in their assessments as to how to stop a lot of the violence. They seem to focus on guns or other issues like economic development in terms of their solutions to the problem. They never question whether it is just the community culture that is the culprit.

Fair enough. I thought I would ask. Holmes seems to key on poverty and fractured families which is why he seems upright to me.
Thanks for your view.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Friday, May 20, 2022

Several mass-shootings in Chicago already this year. But they are usually minorities shooting each other, in minority neighborhoods. Nobody in the media, the city leadership, or who live outside of those communities, gives a rip.

But last night, 9 people were shot IN THE WRONG NEIGHBORHOOD! The local news has been spending extra time putting pressure on the mayor and police commissioner today, to keep "those people" out of the civilized sections of Chicago.

For example, from tonight's local CBS News:

There were 12 shot about 2 months ago, but it happened in an authorized 100% minority neighborhood. Only a casual mention in local news. Nobody outside of the Chicago area knew that mass-shooting happened.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The Month of July 2022 IMPROVED over July 2021.

Only 450 people were shot in July: heyjackass.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join