It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Sorely Missing In Today's Society

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

You already know it. This is just a rant I guess. It is missing, and I'm talking about in all strata of society. From the bottom all the way to the top.

Love. That's all.

Nope. I don't know it. I won't let myself know it either... even when it's slapping staring me in the face. We don't have to lower ourselves to the hateful and hurtful level of others. That's our choice. And I refuse. As long as I keep trying, I see others still trying, and it's a beautiful thing. Perhaps even more beautiful because it can be so rare, and because it takes a little more effort on our part, but it's worth it.

But more important I think is that we are sorely missing respect -- in our actions and in our speech. We don't have to like or love someone to give them basic respect and courtesy, to respect their rights and their freedoms and their wants and their needs, just as we would like others to do for us.

We're all going to fall short of the ideal because we're not perfect. We can only do our best. But if that's what we want in the world, then that's what we must put out in the world.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I read the entire thread and not one person said, 'public execution'. Very disappointed.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

With all this corporate price gouging I'm going to have to agree with you.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

A great post. And thanks for all the replies. Enjoyed reading them. I wish I had more time to reply, in the past I would have been able to.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I read the entire thread and not one person said, 'public execution'. Very disappointed.

Reminds me of the proverb:

"Because sentence against a bad deed has not been executed speedily, the heart of men becomes emboldened to do bad."-Ecclesiastes 8:11.

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There is no such thing as society. It does not exist.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser

I wish I had more time to reply, in the past I would have been able to.

As I finally respond 6 +/- weeks later, believe me, I understand!

<< 1   >>

join