It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Sorely Missing In Today's Society

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You already know it. This is just a rant I guess. It is missing, and I'm talking about in all strata of society. From the bottom all the way to the top.

Love. That's all.

When was the last time a world leader, Trump, Biden, Putin, et. al, said that word about the citizens of the world? When do the world rulers say they "love" the people? And then act out of their love to make the world a better place? When do they get on the TV and say, 'People, citizens, I have a deep and enduring love for you, for humankind, and I want what is best for humanity. For you?'

Acting out of love does not make you weak. It makes you strong. It makes you a good person. Where are the good people?

Did Putin launch his savage war on the Ukraine out of love? Where in all his rants trying to justify his invasion does he list love as his real motivating factor? This could be stated for any of the state actors on the world scene, I am just using this as a recent example.

When do you watch movies and shows where the message is to love people? Not to say they are not there, I guess there might be some.

When does the news propaganda extol the excelling value of love and unity?

Humans need to feel wanted, needed, loved. It doesn't matter who you are, how big, how important. Without love you are really nothing.

"Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love."-1 Corinthians 13:13.

The world has lost its way. It does not have love:

"Because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold".-Matthew 24:12.

Where are the peacemakers? Where are the people that are willing to disagree peaceably? That are willing to put aside their egos and their pride, and their own personal rights, to allow themselves to be wronged? To make peace with their fellowman?

"“Happy are the peacemakers, since they will be called sons of God.".-Matthew 5:9.

From what I see, now than ever before, people are told to act on instinct, and their base human nature. Society is being taught it cannot control its evil nature. People are told they should act on every imperfect impulse that comes to them. So the world is filled with cold, unloving, greedy, selfish, angry, evil people who act wickedly.

People are taught that the defects of pride, arrogance, greed, selfish ambition are traits to be admired, and people who display such qualities are propped up as stars in the world.

Anyone with any common sense can look around and see that the world really has lost its way.

Jesus taught us to love. The greatest of all the commands was to love God with all our heart, and our neighbor as ourselves. Where is this teaching in the world today? Where is it taught that we should give God our exclusive devotion? Where is it taught and shown that we should put aside our differences and show genuine love, tender feeling, concern, empathy, for our fellowman?

God is love:

"And we have come to know and believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and the one who remains in love remains in union with God and God remains in union with him."-1 John 4:16.

And the love he shows us compels us to be like him in love, in patience, in acts of good works towards all. To cherish justice, to act in loyalty.

Where is the justice? Where are the loyal? Where is the faith in the world? Where are the peacemakers? Where are those who reflect Jesus' love in their lives toward God and toward all humankind?

I guess I will finish with the beloved apostle John's words about love:

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts fear out, because fear restrains us. Indeed, the one who is fearful has not been made perfect in love. We love, because he first loved us. If anyone says, “I love God,” and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar. For the one who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. And we have this commandment from him, that whoever loves God must also love his brother. Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born from God, and everyone who loves the one who caused to be born loves him who has been born from that one. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and carry out his commandments. For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome, because everyone who has been born from God conquers the world. And this is the conquest that has conquered the world, our faith."-1 John 4:8-5:4.

edit on 16-5-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Nature shows us love and hate at the same time. We are part of natural being to this planet. We have always been surrounded in love through companionship

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Amen brother!

Love is all we need to carry on!

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Love is a scarce commodity on a forum of a political hateful ideology, whataboutism Qcultists.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Love is a scarce commodity on a forum of a political hateful ideology, whataboutism Qcultists.

I've always found calling folks names is the quickest way to show love for them.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Seems the only ones focused on Q are the left progressives. Why is that?
Q is dead except for the continual resurrection by the left.

-------------
@OP
With that said, Trump continually talked of Love.

Your thought is nice and all rainbows and unicorns, but I do not love all of mankind for not all of mankind is worthy of love. I am not God and I am not capable of loving all. I do not love pedophiles and those ideologies found in the middle east that vile and contrary to....love....for example.
edit on 2022 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The Love Light energy that upholds the universe and everything beyond our comprehension is unconditional and is there for anyone and everyone to tap in to.

That’s all that matters.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I had to laugh just at the title, a sad cynical laugh. I can name a laundry list of things that are missing. And they don't say 'love' because they despise us, we (99% minions) , are in the way of their nightmarish dystopia.
Minimum missing: honor, sincerity, character, honesty, class , pride(not TBLQ whatever) just normal pride in themselves their job etc, self reliance, self accountability and on and on and on

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Actually, I'd argue it's Boundaries that is missing. Not physical ones, but relating to manners & social interactions -- people have no damn idea how to keep mouths shut & opinions to themselves anymore. There's a total lack of knowing one's audience, and thus when to continue, or just stuff it.

People need to work on that, like the continuation of mortal life esoterically depends on it or something. Make some reason up & make it mean something (and thus a reason to be better than a zoo animal) to yourselves!

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Empathy, justice, compassion and fathers.

Probably flying cars too.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   
When Republicans called not being rude, being "politically correct", is when the problem really started. Trump and Republicans gave permission to be dicks to everyone.

And guess what? People are being dicks to everyone.

Why so surprised?

And I don't know if some will ever come back to being normal American citizens. The Republican's anger and hate are like an addiction to them. They go to Fox to get their daily dose. And guess what, it works. They get angrier and hate filled. And then the Republicans and Fox fleece money out of those angry people.

They call those who don't agree with them, pedophiles and child molesters. They are a pathetic bunch now. They are despicable and disgusting.

And no, love isn't going to do it. Accepting facts again and minding one's own business would be a better start.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
In the United States we are missing all kinds of things, but most importantly God.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I'm reminded...."Take care when the Sons of God...become the Fathers of Men."

Metaphor in there..someplace 👍

PS. God Bless everybody🙏
edit on 05222131America/ChicagoMon, 16 May 2022 18:58:21 -050058202200000021 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Principle's, integrity, morals...

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Love is a Christian virtue, the major thing Christ told his followers to do.

Therefore in our Christophobic society, the concept of loving one another (not lust, not sexual, but brotherly/friendship love) is politically incorrect and offensive. In today's society lustful love for everyone is strong encouraged by the alt-left who wants everyone to consider absolutely everyone else a potential sexual partner for "love" by which they really mean "lust".

Since friendship love that is not is not related to sexuality, but is strongly related to Christianity, means many on the alt-left can not support the idea openly without being accused of being a racist/sexist/homophobic Christian.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   

#1 - Love.
#2 - Brains.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

#1 - Love.
#2 - Brains.

I dont disagree but the struggle in those two competing emotions are ironic.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Seems the only ones focused on Q are the left progressives. Why is that?
Q is dead except for the continual resurrection by the left.

Not quite....

Q is alive and well and still a thing in Texas and ATS as well; keeping that hate pot boiling....

www.rollingstone.com...

www.vice.com...

www.dallasobserver.com...

edit on 16-5-2022 by olaru12 because: sp

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 10:03 PM
link   
We're also lacking in humor.

True HUMOR.

Not some vieled jab at the other guys.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Life is a journey, a journey all about thinking. Many people stop half way. Laziness and the ever altering culture mostly I think. I've gotten to the point of where the more you learn, the more Qs you have (ad infinitum). Knowing is not the point. It's the experience (That our Soul Being chose) which is the point.

There is this thing called humor, it's a great thing. There is also this thing called smiling and laughing, even better things. These "things" are good for the Soul. Laugh often and try to make others laugh too. Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join