It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California police responding to shooting at Laguna Woods church

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   
P J has a summary of the latest law enforcement update.

The Orange County Sheriff’s Department representative express that the OCSD’s thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

The suspect is an Asian man in his 60s. He opened fire during a lunch meeting of the Irvine Taiwanese Presbyterian Church, killing one and critically injuring 4. Another victim has minor injuries.

After the suspect opened fire, congregants detained him and hogtied him with extension cords. They recovered two handguns from the suspect.

Authorities aren’t sure if the man is from the area, whether he has any connection to the church, or whether there was a specific motive.

After apprehending the suspect, authorities swept the church for bombs. Sheriff’s department chaplains also offered counseling to the 30-40 congregants who were there at the time.

The FBI and AFT are assisting with the investigation, offering linguistic and behavioral analysis support.

Agent Kristi Johnson stated that the shooter’s motive will determine the further level of federal response.

Laguna Woods Mayor Carol Moore thanked the congregants who put their safety and risk to intervene.

“That was so impressive,” she said.

As far as previous reports go, the LA Times reported that they heard that the man was from Vegas? It said "originally" from Vegas. I guess that means he could be from the area recently, but moved from Vegas. It's not necessarily like yesterday's shooting where the gunman came from 200 miles away.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ah, you gave him the payoff he wanted. I wasn't willing to.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry
a reply to: ketsuko

So we can lay the black/white race war narrative to rest.

But not the other common denominator in the majority of these mass...shootings.

You mean Crazy people ?

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ah, you gave him the payoff he wanted. I wasn't willing to.

They can't be for rights when it becomes uncomfortable.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Man, this is sad! Can't go to the grocery store, a Walmart, church, synagogue, walk down the street, sleep in your own home without fear of being shot.

We own 5 guns. Not once have I ever thought of using one on a human being. If someone broke into our home, or was threatening us, on our own property, we would do so in a second.

Hate crimes have skyrocketed in the past 20 years. The kid that did this was on a Psychiatric hold hold less than a year ago and his background check turned up clean. According to the news . The psychiatric hold, was because he apparently threatened another student, with bodily harm. No details were given about the threat.

This kid also posted a detailed manifesto. If Big Brother is watching, this should have been caught weeks ago.

For those claiming "democrats" please stop. These types of shootings have little to do with politics.

edit on 15-5-2022 by Backagain because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2022 by Backagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Interesting, this was just 4 weeks ago where a 51 yr old, son of former Vermont GOP chair was arrested with an arsenal, including bomb-making material & an assault rifle labeled White Power, apparently anticipating civil war.

Vermont news

He had a Azov Battalion logo on his rifle. We hear a lot about "the contradictions in the system" but you don't get much more contradictory than arming people abroad that you call dangerous extremists at home.

Shaping up to be a long HOT summer.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The last two of you are realizing we are talking about a 68-year-old Asian man in this case ... right?

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

ABC says 1 dead, 5 wounded.

I still don't see anything from CNN.

Four were critically hurt and one person suffered minor injuries from the shooting inside the Geneva Presbyterian Church, the Orange County Sheriff's Office tweeted. All victims are adults, the sheriff's office said.

Fits so far with what we know.

It's up on Fox but not CNN , I'm guessing that has something to do with the shooters identity.

BINGO!

CNN needs support and money from Asia, because CNN America is on life-support. The shooter and victims are Asian.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 01:03 AM
link   

The last two of you are realizing we are talking about a 68-year-old Asian man in this case ... right?

it's strange he would target a Taiwanese church in laguna.

is this a ccp op?

i mean it's not a china town noodle shop in san fran.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Buf falo shooter MK ultra?

I read this and wow does this seem possible.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Fellows, please notice how the shooting happened really near to both the California State Route 133 and County Route S18.

133 is a reference to January 1933, the date the nazis took power in Germany.

S18 is again a reference to 18, that is Adolf Hitler.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I am still hung up on the mental image this one creates:

Elderly Asians subduing another elderly Asian and hogtying him.

If it weren't for the fact that this was a shooting incident, this would be endlessly hilarious.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

More in the news today:

I am phone posting so no links, just a summary. The average age of the person involved was 80 ... think about that. These 80-year-olds displayed tremendous backbone. They were at a lunch with a former pastor who had returned after preaching in Taiwan for 2 years. The pastor waited for the gunman to reload and hit him with a chair at which point, others jumped him and hog tied him. Their bravery saved lives ... at 80.

The shooter has been IDed. He is from Vegas and has no clear links to the church. The group welcomed him, and he told them he had been there before even though none recognized him.

No motive has yet been established.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=26498091]ketsuko

New update: This is now also a hate. The motive was the China/Taiwan conflict. New info also says the shooter had tried to superglue the doors shut and had planted molotov all around the campus. The only death was a doctor who charged the gunman and tried to engage him. He was shot in the process but bought time for the rest and saved lives with his actions.

So now we have two mass shooting hate crimes, but I already know the only one we will hear about.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I was just browsing through MSN, and noticed an awful lot of deactivated comment sections in articles about this.

Can't have the masses getting suspicious about haye crime coverage double standards, now can we?

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Twit chy

A law enforcement source has informed the LA Times that the suspect is a 68-year-old Asian man from Las Vegas and the victims are mostly Taiwanese/Asian descent.

So we can lay the black/white race war narrative to rest.

**EDIT**

New Twitchy Update

Apparently, congregants subdued the assailant by hogtying him with extension cords! They rock. And at this time, the motive for the shooting is under investigation. It is unknown if the shooter had any ties to the church or if hatred played any part (hate crime of some sort).

Oh crikeys. That isn't going to fit anyone's agenda. Guess it won't be in the news much.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join