It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Booing should be investigated by the FA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Now, this could have gone into a few different forums, but I think it's best placed here simply because I know people will disagree.

Yesterday, for those outside the UK, it was the Football Association (FA) Cup Final. The Duke of Cambridge, as you would expect as the FA honorary President, greeted the players at the start of the match. This was covered by most of the online press such as the Independent and the Daily Mail.

British Members of Parliament are OuTrAgEd and former Culture Secretary Karen Bradley "urged the FA to take all necessary action."

Now come on, what sort of world are we coming to when people are pushing for the discipline of a group of people who are showing their distaste by booing things? Now if there was racist abuse, if there was homophobic chanting I could understand, but simply registering displeasure with a boo is like the heckling within the House of Commons!

Are we seriously getting to a point where people will be told what to cheer and what to boo like a pantomime with Christopher bloody Biggins? Or are the British Members of Parliament simply so out of touch with what their actual job descriptions are (or more likely, incompetent to undertake) that they are simply trying to make themselves look more popular so they can be promoted past their point of the Peter Principle (promoted to the point of their incompetence)?

Sorry - if I posted this anywhere else, I would probably get an immediate ban.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TwistedPsycho

So, what were they booing against? You havn't said why in your op.

Also why would you finish with that last line? Why do you think its a ban-able post exactly?

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I’m outside the UK and well aware the FA cup was played.

Hoping my beloved irons put Man City to the sword tonight.

Are the same politicians crying about the booing of some pompous wanker with an anachronistic title also calling for people to stop booing Kurt Zouma?
edit on 1552022 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Why did they boo him, dont really care, just wondering the reason

The article states "an establishment cover-up over the Hillsborough disaster" is that fair?

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
and SecretKnowledge

Some of the press do suggest that, and probably much of the catalyst for it, but then why boo through the naational anthem and Abide With Me as well. The monarchy do try as much as possible to be apolitical though.

As for being banned for posting elsewhere SecretKnowledge; I meant other sites rather than other sections of ATS. I have already served enough bans on social media for my views on Members of Parliament.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

I’m outside the UK and well aware the FA cup was played.

I know you would, but equally I do not know when NFL, NBA or Kabaddi finals are.

Are the same politicians crying about the booing of some pompous wanker with an anachronistic title also calling for people to stop booing Kurt Zouma?

No.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Haha you know what Kabaddi is!?

Star for that.

If those same politicians aren’t defending Zouma then they need to shut their pie holes.

“Ouhhhhh Kurt Zouma’s magic, he wears a magic hat...”

edit on 1552022 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   
A lot of Liverpool fans boo the national anthem, always have and always will. This is probably only news because some rival has hurt feelings because we won another trophy.

I have to point out that I have never boo’d it as I swore allegiance to the queen when I joined the forces. I think politics has no place in football, but Liverpool is a very political city. Maybe the FA should investigate the vile chants Liverpool have to endure.

Salty tears from rival fans always make me happy. Especially from the sports washing clubs.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 03:44 AM
link   
All these idiots 'took the knee' at the start,the MP's love that rubbish yet moan about booing the pompous green zealot prince(nutty,like father like son).
The knee crap is political and encouraged by the establishment so suck it up.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply.

Ok so the anthem was apparently booed and has been for quite some time now by the Liverpool supporters. Why?
Well from what ive read online this morning its because of the treatment the city has suffered from various governments from Thatcher to the present.
Thats a rough synopsis if even that. But thats the gist of it.

PRINCE WILLIAM BOOED AT WEMBLEY

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Yes, the point is more to the fact MPs have decided that the FA 'must take action.' Next they will be telling us what teams to support.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Sadly lots of Liverpool fans think everything is about them.....including their mistreatment by successive governments.
I come from North East England and I can assure everyone that Merseyside has had substantially more money and resources invested and spent on and in it than anywhere up here.
It contributes to many football fans calling them out for their 'victim' mentality.

They do have a point about Hillsborough though.

Why those knobheads should choose to boo on such an occasion is beyond me, no class.

Shame, I enjoy watching Liverpool play and it was a genuinely great match to watch - from someone who is Against Modern Football.

As for investigating booing; ridiculous.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Yes, the point is more to the fact MPs have decided that the FA 'must take action.'

No, some MP's and observers have said that the FA should take action.
With regard to this the government can not and will not force anything on anyone.

They are trying to take all the passion and pride out of the game - hell, out of society in general.

Next they will be telling us what teams to support

Never.😉

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 12:37 AM
link   
let me get this straight as someone who is across the pond

European sports fans have world known fights among each other if their team looses, wins, or just dont like the other team/fans.

alot of them boarder on or full blown riots.

but "BOOING" is what gets the officials "knickers in a knot"?

WTF

i guess hypocrisy is universal in all countries and done by all officials along with government officials.

smh

scrounger

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I’ve no idea how accurate, or bias this article is, but it attempts to explain the booing…

Why do Liverpool fans boo the national anthem?

Many can’t afford to eat, yet taxes rise for workers, billionaire energy companies reap massive profits from the crises while continuing to avoid returning that to the desperate. Meanwhile a prince is chauffeur driven to his royal box to watch the game, insulated from the untouchables and is then chauffeur driven home to his palace.

If the people choose to boo that aloof institution it can only serve to remind, or inform these silver spoon royals, who have no real experience whatsoever of poverty, aside from flying visits akin to visiting a zoo, to maybe use their influence in a tangible way for once for the benefit of the exploited masses.

Fat chance. Let them cake!

top topics

join