It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crazy Yellow Ants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I did not think any ant could top the Fire Ants we have in the southern states of America but Alas it would appear I was wrong. Meet the Crazy Yellow Ants of Australia ! youtu.be...

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Argentine ants are similar we got them in the southwest

m.youtube.com...

If you didn't know any better you would think they where fire ants except if you disturbed them the response is much bigger and its impossible to get rid of them

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   

The worst we have, I think, are the Jack Jumper Ants. They have killed a few people over the years.

Jack Jumper

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ea reply to: myselfaswell

youtu.be...

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I did not think any ant could top the Fire Ants we have in the southern states of America but Alas it would appear I was wrong. Meet the Crazy Yellow Ants of Australia ! youtu.be...

My aunt used to pinch my cheeks and then berate me for being pudgy. I'd rather sleep with them buggers then relive that beratement any day of the week.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   

These folks need to import anteaters... STAT!

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Ea reply to: myselfaswell

youtu.be...

Yep, those angry little bastards.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 10:38 PM
link   
staff edit
edit on Sat May 14 2022 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Just be glad you don't have these...

Some tribes actually use them in place of stitches for closing wounds. Just hold the ant by the body...point the head at the wound while held closed and when the ant bites they pulled the body off the head and the mandibles stay closed!
edit on 14-5-2022 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I am going to be itchy all day now!

If these are the insects we see every day of our lives, I dread to think what lives further down!

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Cheers for that! I've always been fascinated by ants, but yes, they are invasive and destructive.

My only major problem with them was in the UK. One day, coming home from work, I dropped off the daily shopping in the kitchen. What I saw left me shocked. The kitchen was all white, it had a door to the back garden. At first, I didn't realise they were ants, only that the whole door and side window were completely black. I then realised that the door was shimmering and that's when the reality of what I was seeing hit me.

I just dropped everything, got back in my car and rushed back to the supermarket to get as many cans of insecticide I could find (Raid, I think). It took about three cans to clear the kitchen, but the problem remained because the colony was under the patio of the garden.

I tried to call Rentokil, but the lines were busy and moved on to the next pest control company. I got lucky, because they used a different kind of insecticide that destroys the colony. Basically, they spray a substance that doesn't kill the ants on contact, but sticks to their feet and legs and It slowly dissolves their limbs. The beauty of this treatment is that it gives time for the ants to re-enter the nest, thus spreading the chemical to the other ants. In only a couple of days I had no more ants. They even left me half a spray bottle of the stuff in case another nest was nearby.... I kept that bottle for years and never found the need to use it.

A colleague of mine later recounted how Rentokil had cost them a fortune to hire and didn't resolve the nest problem, they just deal with the house, forcing you to call them out regularly. This other company cost much less and I never had to call them again.

All this was over twenty years ago and I can't remember the company name or what the chemical used as it was a proprietary formula, odourless and colourless and no labels on the bottle except the usual poison symbol and warning.

From "Antmusic" by Adam Ant:

Don't tread on an ant, he's done nothing to you
There might come a day when he's treading on you
Don't tread on an ant, you'll end up black and blue
You cut off his head, legs come looking for you

edit on 15/5/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join