It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to Homemade Baby Formula?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   
There is a perfect food for a baby it comes from a mothers breast.
I don't know anyone that can argue with this fact.

Let's go in a time maching to the 1960's
There have always been mothers that had trouble producing milk, or with the act of breastfeeding, or died in childbirth, or were ill. You get the point, for these few women breastfeeding wasn't an option.

There were two options, a nurse maid, someone else that had a baby and could feed your baby. This was looked down on in the US as we became more industrialized. The other option was to make a baby bottle of milk. There were different ways women did this, some used goats milk. Some did a combination of milk (evaporated or regular) and Karo syrup and some vitamins. (Don't do this now!!!!!!!!!! as syrup is not made the same way and botulism is real) Yeah, of course they changed it!

Breastfeeding was free, but the other option was an affordable substitue. Then BIG PHARMA came to town.
There were campaigns saying that bottle feeding was better than breast. Both my MIL and mom talked about this.
They also wanted to shame women that breastfeeding was dirty, or primative. This might be why we have such a basskward view of breasts in the United States. I don't see it as much in other countries.

So Big Pharma started making all this "formula" and take a look at the ingredients, VEGETABLE OIL.
It's super expensive, so much so that in some place they lock it up due to theft. Drug dealers often cut stuff with formula.
Baby formula is so lucrative because so many moms work, and pumping is very difficult in most workplaces.
Big Pharma knows that mom are very vulnerable when they first give birth, so they send them home with a "care package"
and you have a tired mom, with sore bleeding nipples, what do you think they are going to try.......? Then they have made
baby food not seem like food, but more like medicine. It's all NUTS!

I think about all of this and it has all happened in my lifetime.
Natural food from the breast
Natural food from others
Homemade natural food
Baby "Formula" from manufactures
Enhanced Baby Formula from manufactures
Shortage of manufactured formula

I hope more women that are able to breastfeed do after this whole baby formula debacle.

Also side note, we've seen what companies can do with the baby formula supply, 40% decrease in supply in such a short time, just apply that to everything else, and rethink
your survival/subsistence preparedness.

edit on 14-5-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I remember my mother making homemade milk at home when my baby sister was born, she had a formula and included powder milk, at the time the name of the powder milk was Carnation.

I remember her sanitizing the glass bottles in a pot and then filling them with milk.

I so not remember any of my siblings having any problems like now with the modern manufactured milk, it seems if you do not get the right milk your child will get sick.

edit on 14-5-2022 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
On the news last night it was said the shortage of formula started several months ago. No point in addressing an issue until it becomes a crisis, right?

When my kids were little, if you weren't breast feeding you fed them good old canned milk mixed 50/50 with water. That was standard for generations, until 'science'.

Doctors had babies on solid foods and whole milk by 4/5 months. Now we know how terrible that is because 'science'.

Science can't tell us why ADHD, austism and childhood diabetes has soared in recent years, but can tell us everything we did for our babies for generations was harmful and wrong.

Our infants may go without formula, but at least non-residents will be feeding their babies with food our tax dollars buy.

I am just floored at our current policies aimed and helping the entire world at the expense of the citizens whose money is being used, and suffer because of it.
If you have 6 hungry children and only one can of soup are you going to give that can to someone entering your home and demanding the whole can for themselves? That's basically what has happened with all the pallets of baby formula being sent to the border- when they knew full well months ago there was going to be a serious shortage. It seems to me like that would have been the time to do whatever it took to ramp up production.

(post by marg6043 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

My Sister was anemic. They tried the formula with added Iron (1966 it had just come on to the market) and it made her sick. Our Grandfather used to give us sips of beer while we sat on his lap. My Mother asked the Doctor if the beer would hurt us. The Doctor said "She'll drink beer?" My Mother ended up heating beer in a pan to remove the alcohol cooling it down and giving it to my Sister. She out grew the anemia.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I so not remember any of my siblings having any problems like now with the modern manufactured milk, it seems if you do not get the right milk your child will get sick.

How many people older than 70 have allergies. Seriously. I had this talk with a bunch.
They wondered what happened and why so many young people are allergic to "everything"!

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

My Sister was anemic. They tried the formula with added Iron (1966 it had just come on to the market) and it made her sick. Our Grandfather used to give us sips of beer while we sat on his lap. My Mother asked the Doctor if the beer would hurt us. The Doctor said "She'll drink beer?" My Mother ended up heating beer in a pan to remove the alcohol cooling it down and giving it to my Sister. She out grew the anemia.

100% of parents in the 1960's, 1970's and part of the 80's would be arrested by today's standards!

We used to buy cigarettes and booze for our parents, no seatbelts, kids BROUGHT guns to school for hunting after,
we were all beaten physically, emotionally and mentally, yet somehow we are healthier, stronger, and less sick than our kids/grandkids....

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   

And pocketknives for sharpening the pencils at school and it was all good, I remember when teachers smoked in the classroom too.

We got a deranged and mentally unstable generation right now, but when I was growing up we were more grounded and have a purpose in life.

Politics, stupidity and mentally ill parents are shaping the future of American, to be nothing but unstable adults on anti depressants and hormones for life, because their idiot parents made the decision for them to have them mutilated before adulthood to follow the trend.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It's 2022, most people don't possess the knowledge to make homemade formula, or the wit to tell the difference between a real recipe online and a fake one put up by someone wanting to cause mischief.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Science can't tell us why ADHD, austism and childhood diabetes has soared in recent years,

Science knows full well why these things have soared, but it's not PC to say so.

1) bad parenting, or the redefinition of normal childhood behavior as an aberration by people seeking to redefine classic female behavior as the norm for boys too
2) Most of the time it's always been like this, they' just redefined what autism was to include normal introvert behavior. The rest of the time, women having children later in life
3) Bad diet. Too much sugar, too much processed food

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Back before the formula it was mothers' milk or the powder milk formula, the hospital handle the formula for the milk when the mother and baby was send home.

In my case my brother and me were born at home, when doctors used to made home visits, I still remember my doctor, then he retired and free clinics were opened for people to get free medical care, back in the days.

My younger brother and sister were born at the hospital.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I had trouble breast feeding when daughter was an infant. I made homemade formula from an Adele Davis infant formula recipe. It was too rich, and it made her colicky, but she didn't starve!

My mother was allergic to my grandmother's milk. Maybe because she was doing so much coke...Anyway, they gave her homemade formula with a cream of wheat base.
edit on 14-5-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

we were all beaten physically, emotionally and mentally, yet somehow we are healthier, stronger, and less sick than our kids/grandkids....

The difference is that you were told that you needed to be strong in order to get by in life, today people are told that they're weak "but that's OK".

Children in school compete over who is more traumatized, who has the most emotional baggage, and over how badly they are coping with it. If they don't have some real thing in their lives they either make one up or inflate something to make it seem like it was a big deal.

It's why you get people saying that they were horrified by a TV ad with too many white people in it, or saying that they felt afraid because they saw Milo Yanopolis on Youtube.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

It's 2022, millennials are buying vacuum packed sachet of tuna because they think that using a can opener is too difficult.

If a soup can doesn't have a ring pull on it they're lost.

They drink instant coffee made in the microwave because putting a pot on the stove means having to handle something hot.

If they wanted home made formula do you think that they'd look in their grandparent's cook book, or on website that told them to cut open some tide pods and mix them with gin?

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Both my children can cook, actually both are as good as a chef, because that is the way I was brough up, we all were though hot to survive and cooking was very important, all my sibling can cook anything.

I always made everything at home, TV dinners was crap that is what my mother used to tell us.

I am glad I took care to teach my children to survive.

The future generations looks grim and very unstable, gullible and easily manipulated.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I have to wonder why this is happening.
It's most certainly the byproduct of too much of something.
I'm guessing entertainment.
Too many screens.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Our Grandfather used to give us sips of beer while we sat on his lap.

What memories... My Grandfather did the exact same thing with me. Even a few sips of whiskey when I had teething pains. My mother was quite ill after my birth and I was told that my Grandmother took care of me for the first few months and milk was just the ordinary kind, which I disliked (still do to this day). In the end, my mother recounted that I was never given commercial baby food, but ate normal food, just mashed up. Growing up, the only tin cans I ever saw at home were peeled tomatoes; everything else was fresh fruit and vegetables, meat and homemade bread and pasta. The cooking was strictly Mediterranean.

edit on 14/5/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I found the modern baby formula in the internet, I swear never seen this before

Homemade Infant Formula with Cow’s Milk

12 oz. evaporated milk
20 oz. purified water
2 tbsp. granulated sugar OR 1 tbsp. light corn syrup
Infant Vitamin D Drops, optional
Infant DHA Drops, optional
2 tsp. nutritional yeast, optional

I am sure that my mother if she put sugar in the formula she probably used sugar cane,

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I am just floored at our current policies aimed and helping the entire world at the expense of the citizens whose money is being used, and suffer because of it.
If you have 6 hungry children and only one can of soup are you going to give that can to someone entering your home and demanding the whole can for themselves? That's basically what has happened with all the pallets of baby formula being sent to the border- when they knew full well months ago there was going to be a serious shortage. It seems to me like that would have been the time to do whatever it took to ramp up production.

A couple of things here to discuss I think. First, this idea of a ''current policy''. It's my understanding that this is not so much ''current policy'' but rather the simple execution of a decades long policy of providing formula for the infants of people who come to the southern border with no means of feeding those babies. Seem's like a Christian thing to do to me, how about you.

As well, this question of these pallets of baby food being ''sent'' to the border. Do we know that those ''pallets'' are being sent now, or is it possible that they were sent months and months ago? I don't know, do you? What I do know is this has been picked up by conservative media on the basis of several pictures of ''pallets'' of formula set aside for this purpose and trumpeted by media as being Biden's fault when in reality it's just part of a program that has been going on for years.

Also as far as this notion of ''ramping up production'' goes. The US government under both Democrat and Republican parties does not produce baby formula, it's corporations that produce it. Corporations are not in the business of feeding babies, they are in the business of producing baby food to sell at the best profit margin they can, that's simple fact, like it or not.

When the covid hit, people began to hoard, and one of the things that was hoarded was baby formula. As hoarded stocks of formula were being slowly depleted to feed babies, the sale of formula slowed dramatically and corporations slowed their production so as to not have excessive stocks of formula on the shelves. Simply, demand declined so production declined. That's how the profit game is played.

So this shortage is due to these corporations not or not being able to ''ramp up production''. Maybe they can't get all the ingredients or maybe they are still in a shortage of workers who may or may not have been laid off due to the down turn in production during covid. I don't know so I can't say.

So if as you suggest that there has been time to do whatever it takes to ramp up production, then maybe it would be better to take it up with those baby formula companies and not just blame one political party.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   

An interesting side here Jag. My browser, has a news feed that is mostly pop culture stuff. I think I am noticing an up-tick in celebrity mothers posting pics on media platforms of them breast feeding their infants. I noticed one just a day or so ago with one celebrity mother double feeding her twins. So whether this is an upsurge in women promoting breast feeding or these browsers seeking to ''titillate'' men into clicking on the images of celebrity women's breasts is open to debate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join