It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Silent as Republicans Rip Into Secret Royalty Checks to Fauci, Hundreds of NIH Scientists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:13 AM
link   

...a report by a non-profit government watchdog estimating that Fauci, former NIH director Francis Collins, and hundreds of NIH scientists got as much as $350 million in undisclosed royalty payments from pharmaceutical and other private firms between 2010 and 2020.

Because NIH hands out $32 billion in research grants to medical institutions and researchers annually the undisclosed royalty payments, which are usually for work on a new drug, may indicate the presence of massive and widespread conflicts of interest or the appearance of such conflicts, both of which violate federal ethics laws and regulations.

Article link
And there you have it. Money talks, ethics walk. Fauci has received 23 such payments in a 10 year period. Who knows how much he has received since. Fauci lied about gain of function and has backtracked on claims he made about covid-19. Now we learn he and many others under his leadership have been compensated into the millions for their work at the NIH by the taxpayer AND by third parties heavily vested in that work.

It isn't just our executive, legislative, and judicial branches that are falling to corruption, it is our whole government, including those entrusted with our health. Namely, the NIH and HHS. Maybe that 6 billion dollar increase the Biden admin has requested for the NIH this year would be better spent somewhere else that will actually benefit the American taxpayer.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

my shocked face.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

my shocked face.

About the same as mine. This article is just one more confirmation of what we all already know.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   

it's quite sad that we all seem to agree this is not as much of a shock as it should be, it's expected. How did we get to this point?

I can't help but think, the founding fathers would already be cleaning their muskets from excessive use.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Interesting. I have a contract with the Company that I work for. In that Contract it states that anything that I may invent or develop based on knowledge or information that I receive from the Company belongs to the Company.

I just had to go over of that that with the Company Lawyer because of something that I'm doing on my own time, that I'm going to Patent.

How are Government employees getting "royalty fees" from drug companies? Shouldn't the Government get the fees?

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

it's quite sad that we all seem to agree this is not as much of a shock as it should be, it's expected. How did we get to this point?

I think we've been desensitized and "groomed" for it over time. Someone will be along to correct me on the use of that word, I'm sure.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
When the angry mobs drag these evil corrupt bastards into the street and tear them limb from limb in a blood lust fury, I want Fauci's ear or a finger. Unfortunately, I don't think such an angry crowd would leave anything but ashes in their wake. Plus consider how hard it is to get a piece of someone like Adolf Hitler after he supposedly died in his bunker, basically impossible. Still, this idea now appeals to me but I'd settled for weeks of torture, drawn and quartered then beheaded minimum.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Interesting. I have a contract with the Company that I work for. In that Contract it states that anything that I may invent or develop based on knowledge or information that I receive from the Company belongs to the Company.

I just had to go over of that that with the Company Lawyer because of something that I'm doing on my own time, that I'm going to Patent.

How are Government employees getting "royalty fees" from drug companies? Shouldn't the Government get the fees?

Here’s an explanation from a 2005 article:

“ ….two leading researchers, Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and his deputy, Clifford Lane, received payments relating to their development of interleukin 2 as a treatment for HIV/AIDS. Dr Lane told the BMJ that the payment was part of his federal compensation. He explained that the government patented the development and shared the payments it received with the inventors. Since 1997 he has received about $45 000 he says. The institutes awarded $36m in grants for studies to test the treatment.

Dr Anthony Fauci told the BMJ that as a government employee he was required by law to put his name on the patent for the development of interleukin 2 and was also required by law to receive part of the payment the government received for use of the patent. He said that he felt it was inappropiate to receive payment and donated the entire amount to charity.”

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Conflict of interest much? Wow

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I can't help but think, the founding fathers would already be cleaning their muskets from excessive use.

The really sad part, though, is that we all know that not a damned thing will be done about it because everyone who should and is legally accountable to deal with it is either corrupt or on take or both.

The United States of America? Stick a fork in her ...

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Conflict of interest much? Wow

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   

edit on 13-5-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is not being reported on any main streem media outlet... might as well never have happened.
edit on 13-5-2022 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   

edit on 13-5-2022 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This was trading money and business for lives by means of an either worthless if not poisonous fake drug and I hope we draw the line here. If people aren’t literally strapped to a gurney and executed for this behavior then I hope lawlessness breaks out like it did for so long on the left for no reason. You want a reason to pillage and burn and loot then let these people walk away with their lives at all and see.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

yes, at best you would get a nice plaque.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital
yes, at best you would get a nice plaque.

Actually a place I used to work gave me 10% royalty on both patents I helped develop. Works out nicely for Christmas.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   

...and nothing shall be done about it.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

...and nothing shall be done about it.

Exactly. Like so many other things nothing gets done about.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You mean the same lying Repbs that are fine with the democrats on the conflict in Ukraine though?
sending 40 Billions?

dont get your hopes up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join