It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finland's entry into NATO will return it to the state of war in 1944

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Three words for RT...

The Winter War

If you think it was bad the last time, given how poorly ruSSia is going against Ulraine, jumping in back at Finland would be suicidal on ruSSias part... but given the rhetoric in ruSSia at the moe seems to be Ukraine first then the rest of Europe after... I wouldnt put it past the daft idiots to try something, although as with their 'we'll nuke you' chant, its all just threats and impotent lashings from a dying animal none of us should have been afraid of in the first place.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: turretless

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: turretless

You don't seem capable, or willing, to grasp the fact that no-one trusts anything Putin says anymore.
He has lied and lied and lied and shown nothing but contempt for his neighbours.

I'm certain both Finland and Sweden would have been content maintaining their neutrality and just going about their own business free from membership of any trade or military organisation.
But Putin's continued aggression has changed all that.
People are very fearful of the overt nationalism, expansionism and naked aggression shown by Putin and his complete lack of regard or respect for his neighbours.

I'm not sure if your inability to accept and/or recognise that is down to indoctrination, wilful ignorance or shear bloody mindedness....I suspect maybe a bit of all of them?

I understand the lies of the West, but I do not at all consider myself obliged to agree with them.

The West supported the terrorists in Chechnya.

The West supported the destruction of the Russians in Transnistria.

The West supported Georgia's attack on Russian peacekeepers in Abkhazia and Ossetia.

The West supported any restrictions on Russians in the former Soviet republics.

The West supported all Maidans in Ukraine.

The West supported the destruction of the Russians in the Donbass.

The West supported the process of NATO expansion to the borders of Russia.

Now the aggression of the West has stopped and you don't like it.

Maybe you just need to build a high brick wall and keep to your side of it.

From Asian nomads, China could hide behind the Great Wall.

But no one can hide from the importunity of the West.

There are quite a few peoples on earth who would not even want to know about the West, but the West did not leave them such an opportunity.

As one of the examples:

In 1852, Perry was assigned a mission by American President Millard Fillmore to force the opening of Japanese ports to American trade, through the use of gunboat diplomacy if necessary.
The Americans were also driven by concepts of manifest destiny and the desire to impose the benefits of western civilization and the Christian religion on what they perceived as backward Asian nations.
As he arrived, Perry ordered his ships to steam past Japanese lines towards the capital of Edo and turn their guns towards the town of Uraga. Perry refused Japanese demands to leave or to proceed to Nagasaki, the only Japanese port open to foreigners.

Perry attempted to intimidate the Japanese by presenting them a white flag and a letter which told them that in case they chose to fight, the Americans would destroy them. He also fired blank shots from his 73 cannon, which he claimed was in celebration of the American Independence Day. Perry's ships were equipped with new Paixhans shell guns, cannon capable of wreaking great explosive destruction with every shell. He also ordered his ship boats to commence survey operations of the coastline and surrounding waters over the objections of local officials.
Perry returned on 13 February 1854, after only half a year rather than the full year promised, and with ten ships and 1,600 men. Both actions were calculated to put even more pressure onto the Japanese.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: turretless

Yes, 'russia' has been neighbor invading for a very long time.

Pretty sad how long folks have wanted to build walls and defensive alliances to keep russians from invading, why aren't russians ashamed of this part of 'russian' culture?

Why does 'russia' keep repeating the same destructive behavior century after century?

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Their officers aren't in NATO countries cause they were politely made to go back home. If you guys continue like that, don't be surprised if every russian whatsoever has to come back.

But this will surely be met by more whining, 'youre all Nazis and discriminating all russians' after proudly proclaiming how many spies you've got placed all over the world. At this point, youll truly be doomed.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Finnish President confirms NATO bid.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Double my bad.

Its my mouse button.
edit on 15-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Putin not going to be Happy Sweden has just confirmed its Nato bid also .

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I don't think many people care what Putin is these days unless it's sorry.

Russia's Invasion of Ukraine has only driven both countries into the arms of the NATO nations.

And the only person Putin has to blame is himself.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Probably shouldn't have attacked so many neighbors.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It won't and you kno it. a reply to: RussianTroll

Get going, do your part, go get him, build seriousness.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Just heard on Fox News that TURKEY has blocked a vote on FINLAND and SWEDEN joining NATO.

One dissenting country can block a vote from occurring?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join