It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kiddie Korner featuring drag queen story time, drag kids dress up, and a drag show for children

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Now we have state agencies sponsoring drag shows for the kiddies. I really don't know what to say. Is this the new norm now?

I seriously think around 2008 I woke up in the mirror universe because this is just crazy to me that public libraries and state agencies are promoting such things with kids.

“The Illinois Department of Children & Family Services is sponsoring a ‘PrideFest Kiddie Korner’ featuring ‘drag queen story time,’ ‘drag kids dress up,’ and a ‘drag show’ for children.”

lgbtqcenterlakecounty.com...

www.dailywire.com...

According to the event website, the Kiddie Korner is being sponsored by the Waukegan Public Library, the Highland Public Library, and The Heart of the City. Attractions for kids include “affirming books,” “drag queen story time,” “face painting,” “inflatable soccer field,” “drag kids dress up,” and “lots of crafts.”

Other featured events at the Pride Fest include a PG-rated drag show and a burlesque show, among others.

“This is a parody right?” one person asked in response to Rufo’s tweet.

Other critics accused the event organizers of “indoctrination” and of “grooming” children — and noted that they were approaching this event not just with the permission, but the active sponsorship of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Playing devils advocate; What's the harm in letting kids play dress up and drag queen stories in a *PG* rated environment?

If the take-away is "some adults like to be and act like the opposite sex" then how is that grooming? As there is nothing sexual about it and parents are there.

Would there be harm in a world where kids grow up without thinking they have to dress and act like the stereotype of the gender they were born into?

edit on 13-5-2022 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 12:43 AM
link   
They can try and normalize pedophilia and grooming all they want

It WILL NEVER be the norm, EVER and these sickos need to be stopped

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
Playing devils advocate; What's the harm in letting kids play dress up and drag queen stories in a *PG* rated environment?

If the take-away is "some adults like to be and act like the opposite sex" then how is that grooming? As there is nothing sexual about it and parents are there.

Would there be harm in a world where kids grow up without thinking they have to dress and act like the stereotype of the gender they were born into?

YES there is harm.
It is called LYING and causes CONFUSION.
Kids should be taught truth: males are males and females are females.

These drag shows ALWAYS have a sexual slant to them.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I devilishly advocate that this is disgusting and bad for young minds. I mean we’re not talking about circus clowns or Halloween, we’re talking about kids hanging out with adults with perverse sexual preferences/ ideologies.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Perhaps the kids show is rated PG to make sure there is no sense of sexual elements? Never been to one so not sure.

How is it lying if the message is, "you can dress and act how you want to, some adults like to dress up as the opposite sex"?

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: optimisticcontrarian

I think calling it pedophilia is a bit overboard if its purely PG.

How about kids beauty contests? They wear make-up and adult-like outfits. If anything, id say that's worse than a boy dressing as a girl.

Honestly, its all wierd. But it's not like adults getting kids to play dress up contests is some new LGBTQ thing.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Drag is a gender-bending art form in which a person dresses in clothing and makeup meant to exaggerate a specific gender identity, usually of the opposite sex. While drag's main purpose has been for drag performance and entertainment, it is also used as self-expression and a celebration of LGBTQ+ pride.Nov 8, 2020 www.masterclass.com... › articles

Let’s define drag ☝️

Yeah not something I feel a child needs

1. a comic entertainer, especially one in a circus, wearing a traditional costume and exaggerated makeup. "a circus clown"

Let’s define clown ☝️

While similar in nature a keen eye can point out the minute differences and determine which one is more suited for a child ie the one that’s not political or polarizing

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Your mind is twisted. Your statements support pedophiles everywhere.

If you cannot see the dangers, then you are lost....walking in the dark holding hands with a succubus, leading you to the pit.

a reply to: CptGreenTea

edit on 13-5-2022 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Your mind is twisted. Your statements support pedophiles everywhere.

If you cannot see the dangers, then you are lost....walking in the dark holding hands with a succubus, leading you to the pit.

For one, im playing devil's advocate. And two, argueing whether its right to allow kids to play dressup and understand the lgbtq communuty is not supporting pedophilia.

Yes, there is a lot of wierd lgbtq stuff that kids should not be subjected to but im not convinced exposing kids to alternative lifestyles that are non-hetereosexual is a terrible thing if done with care.

My usually awnser would be to just leave kids alone to figuare it out.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Drag is sexual. Adult males mostly taking the piss out of women. Kind of like blackface but with women in mind.
Drag queens entertain by making constant sexual innuendos.

I'm not against drag show entertainment, but it is clearly adult entertainment.

Now Imagine a stripper or prostitute dress up or readingfor kids. I mean if it stays PG, it's not harmful right?

The problem is that it softens the line so children who are unaware of the sexual meanings think it's just dress up.

However paedos and perverts are rubbing their hands as they watch their favourite demographic do exactly what turns them on under the guise that it's harmless fun.

The kids play dress up, the dodgy adults get their special entertainment.

It's a bit like bears on monocycles.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Drag is a performance art, not a sexual orientation.

Should kids in Nevada have prostitute story hour? Male stripper story hour? Blackjack dealer story hour? Horse racing gambler story hour? Maybe have a pole dancing contest, totally nonsexual though.

Why does the industry involved in caring for children feel it's necessary to expose them to adult fetish culture? Why, like gangster culture in the 90's, are destructive lifestyles with significant disadvantages being pushed on children as an in thing to do?

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Well, id hope their parents would get their child to leave if it became sexual.

Id imagine most lgbtq parents wouldn't like sexual innuendos around their kids. Even the biggest libs hate pedophilia.

Then again, it kind of reminds me of beauty queen shows. The creepy adults who judge them and the bad parents who push their kids into it trying to fill some void in their life.

It is very wierd but im trying not to assume the worst.
edit on 13-5-2022 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Because it promotes and perpetuates gender dysphoria. People with gender dysphoria have an astonishing 40% suicide rate. I think that's a damn good reason not to teach your kids that crap.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   
There was just a drag show around my area, hosted by a freakin American legion; the guy who was the drag has videos on YouTube about telling kids to play with his boobs and a buncha other nasty videos about dirty stuff. And, these drag queens might as well be black face. Even hookers don't act as crazy sexual and all dolled up as they are. It's just as bad as blackface to women. It's mostly men who just want attention cuz they suck at who they actually are.

Why not just use a normal transgender person who isn't a crazed person looking like a freakin clown.

edit on 5/13/2022 by 5ofineed5aladder because: Added last paragraph.

edit on 5/13/2022 by 5ofineed5aladder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Well i think kids should be taught acceptance of others (including lgbtq). But yea.. its probably not good to push a kid into that world. They gotta figuare it out themselves

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Because it promotes and perpetuates gender dysphoria.

No it absolutely does not.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   

a reply to: Alien Abduct

Well i think kids should be taught acceptance of others (including lgbtq).

I agree with acceptance. When I was a kid, my parent's friends Rob and Dave would visit. Later I found out that they were a gay couple, but, to me they were still Rob and Dave.

What I have a problem with is something I learned in Psych Class. It's called "imprinting". Pushing the belief that it is ok to dress and act as the opposite of a child's biological gender forms an impression in the child's mind. Later on when puberty starts it can cause confusion and the very same mental anguish that these clowns say that they are trying to avoid.

My Niece's husband is a Child Psychologist. Several of their friends are raising their children to be "gender neutral". He's already seeing issues with this in their development. I asked his opinion on it and I was told because he works for a School, he's not allowed to state his opinion if he wants to keep his job. He did say that it was "job security" for him.
edit on 13-5-2022 by JIMC5499 because: typo

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Drag is a gender-bending art form in which a person dresses in clothing and makeup meant to exaggerate a specific gender identity, usually of the opposite sex. While drag's main purpose has been for drag performance and entertainment, it is also used as self-expression and a celebration of LGBTQ+ pride.Nov 8, 2020 www.masterclass.com... › articles

Let’s define drag ☝️

Yeah not something I feel a child needs

1. a comic entertainer, especially one in a circus, wearing a traditional costume and exaggerated makeup. "a circus clown"

Let’s define clown ☝️

While similar in nature a keen eye can point out the minute differences and determine which one is more suited for a child ie the one that’s not political or polarizing

Exactly

The sheer fact that this needs to be pointed to others in our society is absurd enough.

How about no indoctrination of any kind, and just have a bake sale and a freaking hayride, and quit turning every event into let's see what else we can "wake up' and ruin it for the other 95%.

It's ironic, I recently started watching the "Kids in the Hall" from the '90s, and even they admit, that so many of their best sketches wouldn't even make it on the air now.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I think calling it pedophilia is a bit overboard if its purely PG.

What the Hades ?
Do you know what PG stands for in the ESRB rating system ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join