It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Stupid are House Prices in your Area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I didn’t think it could go much higher, I was wrong.

It is getting stupid. I wonder if this is so when it crashes, it crashes like 1930’s and not 2008.

In my area we are somewhat rural. Big houses and big lots. I would say the average sized house is somewhere around 3,000 sq ft.
The prices for new houses in that size are over a million now.
Yes I know in California, or Florida or New York that is average or even cheap.
We are talking the Midwest!!!! That is insane.
There is another house that is a tad bigger and it’s going for 3 million!
I wonder if we are getting a lot of people from other states like Illinois, because I know most people here do not make enough to qualify for that mortgage. I know that because when we were selling a few years back I researched all the statistics. Once you got over 450K the buyer pool dropped significantly. So where are all these people coming from? Or what kind of creative mortgages are being given? I think I heard someone say 40yr loans are gaining popularity!

The first house for a bit over a million, it is nothing special, laminate floors, builder grade cabinets. Absolutely no wow factor.
This is crazy and I don’t think it is going to end well.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's off the charts not only in metro areas like Atlanta, we have seen a mini-boom in mountain and rural real estate too. It's crazy.

but we have been open and it's cheaper than Florida, we got a new factory or 2 coming to Georgia IIRC

but it looks like Georgia had room for growth too, have heard the northeast is off the charts

learn.roofstock.com...

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
It's off the charts not only in metro areas like Atlanta, we have seen a mini-boom in mountain and rural real estate too. It's crazy.

but we have been open and it's cheaper than Florida, we got a new factory or 2 coming to Georgia IIRC

but it looks like Georgia had room for growth too, have heard the northeast is off the charts

learn.roofstock.com...

We were going to move to Georgia in 2020, and I extensively researched the area. I looked recently and yes, Georgia is nuts too! Some areas it appears to be double the price of 2020!

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

posted earlier here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

CLOSED

top topics

join