It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vlad vs Volod

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm thinking here, ATS and I want to propose my idea to you..? Instead of all of the wasteful spending with this war between Russia and Ukraine, why not just have a fight between Vladimir Putin and Volodimir Zelinsky? In fact, the world could use this tactic whenever there's a disagreement between nations. Think about it...It could be set up as a UFC style match and whoever wins, wins the War for their country..!

Think about all of the Wars that have happened in recent history....Which world leaders do you think would've won...? Who would you put your money on to win a fight? It would really change the voting dynamic.....!

Of course, there's so much money made in War that I doubt it would ever happen. What say you, ATS?

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Can we draw up a UN resolution and make them do it?
It would save a lots of trauma, drama and lives.
Not to mention: it would be a more honest fight.
edit on 12-5-2022 by Daalder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   
In that case, I want Chuck Norris as President...and Ahnold as VP.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Let's just do this instead of nukes.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I always liked that idea.

If I recall correctly that is exactly how Celtic tribes fought their battles, it was not generally army to army, it was chief to chief.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

I always liked that idea.

If I recall correctly that is exactly how Celtic tribes fought their battles, it was not generally army to army, it was chief to chief.

Cool! I think it's the right way to go.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Austrian economist Schumpeter wrote: “The orientation toward war is mainly fostered by the domestic interests of ruling classes but also by the influence of all those who stand to gain individually from a war policy, whether economically or socially.” These ruling classes have been defined as “elites [that] are at all times involved in trying to manipulate other elements of the population, or the public mood itself, so as to perpetuate themselves in power.”​—Why War? by Professors Nelson and Olin.

These ruling classes both in the West and in Russia have the same goal. Is it too far-fetched to believe they are cooperating with eachother rather than actually fighting or competing with one another? I've seen signs of such cooperation between the Russian elite and Western elite in Syria as well, where one has to play (act) the bad guy (Russia), so that the Western elite has a justification to sell their idea of military support for the so-called "freedom fighters" to their populations.

And in the end, no one protests against spending more on military aid to Ukraine or increasing military budgets in general. Anti-war protests are virtually non-existent in officially sanctioned leftwing politics compared to for example BLM or so-called "pro-choice" rallies often organized by well known leftwing lobby groups (they never had much presence on the right to begin with). That is quite a drastic change compared to the times of the Vietnam war, even though it happened gradually and under the radar of whatever is left of that anti-war sentiment on the left.
edit on 12-5-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The United States would still win every war if we made the effort to elect DB as President, he could literally squash any other world leader or group of leaders. It would be like when Andre the Giant stacked up midgets and sat on them.

edit on 12-5-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The United States would still win every war if we made the effort to elect DB as President, he could literally squash any other world leader or group of leaders. It would be like when Andre the Giant stacked up midgets and sat on them.

Andre the Giant............?Haven't heard that name in a long time...!

edit on 12-5-2022 by lostbook because: word change

edit on 12-5-2022 by lostbook because: word change

new topics

top topics

join