It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gosford Glyphs 500 BC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

" There is absolutely no evidence that Ancient Egyptians ever visited Australia."

Please Present All or Any Evidence here in Refuting that Claim . I''ll Wait .

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" There is absolutely no evidence that Ancient Egyptians ever visited Australia."

Please provide your reasoning for demanding that a negative be proven. I'll wait.

After all, no evidence for the claim has been presented.
What I said stands. There is no evidence.

Harte

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Knowing what I know about ancient history, it is very possible this was possible. Don't let the priest of the Church of Plato get you down. They are the true religious nut cases lol lol

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

Knowing what I know about ancient history, it is very possible this was possible. Don't let the priest of the Church of Plato get you down. They are the true religious nut cases lol lol

Yeah we follow the evidence while you follow what youtube videos tell you to believe in. Nah, we'll stick with the evidence.

Is it possible that the AE visited Australia? Yes

It it probable that the AE visited Australia? No

Is it plausible that the AE visited Australia, No

Is there evidence that the AE visited Australian, No

Is it possible that Harte is Elvis? Yes

Is it probable that Harte is Elvis? No

Is it plausible that Harte is Elvis? No

Is there evidence that Harte is Elvis? No

Is it possible that the Norse visited NA? Yes

It it probable that the Norse visited NA? Yes

Is it plausible that the Norse visited NA, Yes

Is there evidence that the Norse visited NA, Yes

edit on 19/5/22 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Please quote anyone at all in this thread that said it was "impossible."

There's not a single whit of evidence for it.

Do you actually understand the meanings of words people type here?

Harte

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Harte

Yes, one time the word was used, Fr Harte.

Do you think the Richat is possibly Plato's Ringed City?

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

If the glyphs are genuine, that is evidence and proof the AE visited Australia. An expert in hieroglyphics thinks they are. Do think Norm back from a stint in Egypt or a student from Sydney University would do it for a prank? too much like hard work, and where are the beer bottles left around the site? Oh and also they would have had to use a word in Hyroglyphics that was not in any known hieroglyphic dictionary at that time, or now. That was the smoking gun. It is very inconvenient and indeed unsettling to think that human civilization is not linear, but cyclical, with two steps forward and one step back.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Refute this .

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

If the glyphs are genuine, that is evidence and proof the AE visited Australia. An expert in hieroglyphics thinks they are. Do think Norm back from a stint in Egypt or a student from Sydney University would do it for a prank? too much like hard work, and where are the beer bottles left around the site? Oh and also they would have had to use a word in Hyroglyphics that was not in any known hieroglyphic dictionary at that time, or now. That was the smoking gun. It is very inconvenient and indeed unsettling to think that human civilization is not linear, but cyclical, with two steps forward and one step back.

If you note, the Patina (Thin coating on rocks that form over large time spans) on these rocks appears to follow into the symbols etchings. In other words, the words are at least as old as the thickness of the Patina, since they were etched into the stone.

In archaeology, stone tools, particularly those made of flint or chert, virtually always have a patina. The surface color and texture can be very different in an old stone artifact than a new fractured "worked" surface. If an ancient stone tool, perhaps manufactured thousands of years ago, has been recently "chipped" in modern times, the stone's new fractures are glaringly obvious

Patina in Viewing Stone Appreciation

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

If you did a coastal route you would trade on the way there and on the way back, The actual glyphs are well protected from the weather. The route would have been subject to seasonal winds and would have to be well-timed.

If you are trading where are the trade goods? As noted before known and archaeologically examples of trade ports show cultural items from outside the area. So where are these items?

You are trying to make theories real by saying opinions are facts - they are not.

Australia is a source of some interesting herbs.

theconversation.com...

Consider that, throughout the middle ages, the most profitable trade route of the entire era was the "spice trade" with the east indies. People will redonkulus amounts of money to buy interesting plants, if it serves to reinforce their hierarchal status in society.

The harder the voyage, the more it pays, and the easier it is for your guild to corner the market.

Harte

You mean apart from the inscription itself, right?

If it's a forgery then there is no evidence. But has that been established?
edit on 19-5-2022 by bloodymarvelous because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Harte

You mean apart from the inscription itself, right?

If it's a forgery then there is no evidence. But has that been established?

I wouldn't worry about the word "Impossible". Its just Fr Harte creating an argument that wasn't there to distract and divert the debate, and then batter me with it. Fr Harte has it out for me because I won't genuflect to his religious point of view.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Refute this .

That rock has a really big ding dong

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I just found this in the Newcastle Herald with a pic of the above-ground chamber found in 2019 near the glyphs. The pic is good but the obvious distaste of the reporter is typical of the way they report stuff. You can imagine him after a few beers down at the pub "Those #in idiots think gypos were her a few thousand years back" www.newcastleherald.com.au... and this

edit on 20-5-2022 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Refute this .

Refute a guy standing in front of a camera rambling that doesn't produce a single shred of evidence?
What's to refute?
I won't refute what he said about education and how it is becoming nothing but test prep though.

Harte

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Harte

Yes, one time the word was used, Fr Harte.

Do you think the Richat is possibly Plato's Ringed City?

No, I don't think it's possible.
I don't think what Plato described was real, and I don't think Plato thought it was real (in the physical sense) either, though Plato had ideas about reality that I can't agree with. For example, his philosophy of the existence of perfect (ideal) forms, of which observed reality is only a shadow or reflection.
That philosophical stance ties in well with his allegory of Atlantis.

But even if Atlantis WAS real, the Richat Structure doesn't match what Plato described - not in the least - and since Plato is the ONLY source for this supposed ancient society, we are stuck with Plato's description.

However, that is not to say that I think there was no heretofore undiscovered ancient civilization in the past. That's certainly possible, but so far completely unevidenced. And if there was, I'm certain that Plato had no knowledge of it, and neither did the Egyptians.

Harte

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:32 AM
link   

No expert in Egyptian hieroglyphics thinks the Gosford glyphs are genuine.
There exist photos of the site from the 1950's that show no glyphs at all, and they actually caught a guy carving these glyphs.

Harte

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   

You can only refute Harte's claim by providing evidence that Ancient Egyptians did visit Australia.

But there isn't any .... (conjecture, supposition and modern fakes are not evidence)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   

"Pious fraud" is very prevalent. Making fakes is also common, information on Hieroglyphs was not common until the 50's as printing costs came down and now with Internet you have free access to Hieroglyph dictionaries and grammars.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

You can only refute Harte's claim by providing evidence that Ancient Egyptians did visit Australia.

But there isn't any .... (conjecture, supposition and modern fakes are not evidence)

...and that is sadly lacking, in the 60s there was a very lively debate about whether the Norse had come to NA. There was no evidence they did but some writings - but were those just tales? Right?

BANG - a Norse site found in Newfoundland, a great site - guess what consensus - provided with evidence - immediately accepted it.

You need to find the AE equivalent of L'anse aux meadows in Australia or Australian specific items of that period in Egypt.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Yeah , the Prince Inherited that Large Male Member from his Father the Pharaoh .
edit on 20-5-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join