It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court’s Roe ruling would trample the religious freedom of every Jewish American

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   
After being targeted and attacked by the left for 6 straight years, I find it hard to care about abortions. Maybe the left will go out and burn some buildings down to change their mind.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   
When siamese twins go in for separation when they know one will die, doctors are not held for murder. Whether codified or not, there is an understanding from a prosecutor's standpoint that a doctor does what they have to do to save the people they can in life and death situations.

It is definitely criminal to arbitrarily remove limbs, for example, but a doctor can do it any time they need to save a life and no prosecution will follow. It would be impossible to codify every exception to normally criminal behavior that a doctor or even a good Samaritan can do in an emergency.
edit on 10-5-2022 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Look at it this way guys. You may never use your gun, but you want it anyway.

Abortion is the same for women. They many never use it, but it's just another option in their health and healthcare.

It's not so hard to understand under certain circumstances, women may want to abort a pregnancy. And they should have that option.
edit on 10-5-2022 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Roe won't end abortions. So that's just wrong. States can make an exception when a mother's life is in imminent danger. Seems reasonable to me.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Can I use my gun to shoot someone because it's convenient?

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think you misrepresent how "convenient" an abortion is.

Secondly, abortions are still going to happen. Just not safely.

Third, Congressmen's mistresses and the rich will get their abortions. Just not the poor.

Forth, if men got pregnant they would NEVER allow a woman to tell them they could not have an abortion. All men know this is true.

Fifth, it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS WHAT ANOTHER WOMAN DOES. That's between her, the man, the doctor and her God if she believes that way.

Is that clearer?

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

edit on 10-5-2022 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Look at it this way guys. You may never use your gun, but you want it anyway.

Abortion is the same for women. They many never use it, but it's just another option in their health and healthcare.

It's not so hard to understand under certain circumstances, women may want to abort a pregnancy. And they should have that option.

And they will...according to the laws in the states they wish to do it in. Some may participate. Some may not. Some places get you a murder rap for defending your outdoor space. Others do not. It's all works that way in a constitutional republic. This shouldn't be new to anyone who took civics.

Also, it's very much the business of the state to determine what kind of killing is acceptable.
edit on 10-5-2022 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: LSU2018

If your 2nd Amendment rights take precedence over the lives of school children, why wouldn't the 1st Amendment rights of Jewish people take precedence over fetuses?

Why would the "rights" of Jewish people???? Your op is a joke premise in total. The same problem with abortion exists with the second amendment, people abusing it. The difference is that abortion abusers are applauded for their action AND an actual right granted by the bill of rights get attacked by ignorant people with agendas. Shall we also tackle that the 1st amendment only prevents the establishment of a state religion? When you start an argument with flawed premises it negates the argument.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   

If your 2nd Amendment rights take precedence over the lives of school children, why wouldn't the 1st Amendment rights of Jewish people take precedence over fetuses?

We're talking about religious freedom. While I'm for religious freedom and freedom of life for the innocent, I'm asking you why you're against freedom of life and all for freedom of religion. Doesn't sound very left wing of you.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That's the thing though. We already have states moving to pass laws that would be total bans.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I can show you where the Right to own firearms is enumerated specifically in the Constitution... please show me where abortion rights are enumerated similarly in the document.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The same posters that supported forced vaccinations with an experimental drug and supported people being fired and erased from society are the same ones crying about “My body, My choice”. Suck it up buttercups because everyone you’re asking to defend your stance you threw under the bus not to long ago.
edit on 10-5-2022 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Is the life of an innocent child more important than the life of the mother? Because that's what we are talking about in this instance. In cases where the mother is in danger their religious freedom allows for abortion.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   

a reply to: tamusan

Except the whole point of my OP is that any law a state passes that prohibits abortion prevents Jewish people from practicing their faith, thus violating their 1st Amendment rights.

they forget about the right to pursue life liberty and happiness? constitutional.

our daughter had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck twice,mom needed a C section. i was there watching the whole thing. all i can say is wow!

anyway, what would happen if she let the baby die when it could be saved?
wife isn't jewish btw. what would be the repercussions?

the baby can be killed if it endangers the mother but isn't the mother a continuous danger to the baby?

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Is the life of an innocent child more important than the life of the mother? Because that's what we are talking about in this instance. In cases where the mother is in danger their religious freedom allows for abortion.

It goes beyond religion.

If the mother's life is in jeopardy, then that decision is medical and personal for her and her doctor.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

No, I don't. I'm not ready to be a mom = convenience

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

And I disagree with those laws. I would help groups fight them if not for them demanding the ability to smash a baby's skull open as it exits during birth.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   

SCOTUS and Congress established 150 years ago that the freedom of religion (and the free exercise thereof) does not extend to permitting acts that directly harm others. This is why human sacrifice and Jihad aren't tolerated as First Amendment exercises in the US. Try again.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

SCOTUS and Congress established 150 years ago that the freedom of religion (and the free exercise thereof) does not extend to permitting acts that directly harm others. This is why human sacrifice and Jihad aren't tolerated as First Amendment exercises in the US. Try again.

Wow.

The only thing missing from this post is a "drop mic" meme.

/thread

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

A pregnancy that endangers life is considered a Rodef, and thus it must be terminated.

NO , it is not .
That has to be a choice .
Stop with the "opinion pieces" and the glorified headlines .
One looks a LOT less ignorant that way .
And , right now , .......

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join