It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin challenges us to compare him to OUR own -snipped- leaders

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Probably not many being called NLAWS.

Not quite as catchy.

If I had a dog I might go with Brimstone.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Did you see the vid of the dafty that tried to noise up Mike Tyson on a flight and got his arse handed to him?

Lucky boy really.

As to "Chardonnay".

Picture that one, "can Chardonnay come out to play?"

Anyhow sorry to drift off-topic mods.
edit on 17-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I was behind a woman in Waitrose at the till. The lady on the till knew her and asked after her children. "Tarquin and Calypso are up at Kings".....

Back on topic, has there been a coup in Moscow yet?

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: Annee

No, he put his money where his mouth had been for a decade or more.

He attacked the Nazi forces in Ukraine supported by US tax dollars. He finally realized it is impossible to have respectful diplomatic relations with the likes of Washington DC and the UK government.

War is all they understand. I wish him well.

NO. He's like a spoiled child when he doesn't get his way.

LOL, you're describing Sleepy Joe.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Security Council meeting

May 20, 2022 15:50

President of Russia Vladimir Putin:
The number of cyberattacks on Russian information infrastructure has been growing in the past years. For several years. But since the special military operation in Donbass and Ukraine, challenges in this sphere have become even more serious and critical. Russia has essentially become the target of aggression, of an information war. The number of cyberattacks, including complex attacks, has multiplied. Experts believe it would not be possible for lone hackers to achieve that. The hackers attack from different countries in a well-coordinated effort. These attacks are conducted by state-run structures, and we know that the armies of some countries officially include cyber troops.
I will point out another serious challenge. One of the tools of sanctions’ pressure on Russia involved restrictions on foreign IT products and software. A number of Western tech companies unilaterally cut off Russia from technical support services for their equipment. Incidents where their products became limited or blocked have become more frequent.
Even today, it can be said that the cyber aggression against us has failed, as well as the entire sanctions attack on Russia. We have been generally ready for this attack, as a result of the systematic work we have been doing in recent years.

en.kremlin.ru...

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

No, he put his money where his mouth had been for a decade or more.

He attacked the Nazi forces in Ukraine supported by US tax dollars. He finally realized it is impossible to have respectful diplomatic relations with the likes of Washington DC and the UK government.

War is all they understand. I wish him well.

NO. He's like a spoiled child when he doesn't get his way.

LOL, you're describing Sleepy Joe.

NO, I'm not.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Meeting on transport industry development

May 24, 2022 12:45

Infrastructure development is one of the main drivers of our economy, any economy, as a matter of fact. We have been boosting Russia’s logistics capability consistently and systematically for many years. We are doing this with an eye on the future and the long-term effect for the Russian business and our people.
I have already said, and I would now like to note once again that the Russian economy will certainly remain open in the new conditions. Moreover, we will expand our interaction with countries that are interested in mutually beneficial cooperation.
The actions of certain countries and their desire to shut themselves off from Russia, rather than to shut down Russia (even to their own detriment) show that it is highly important to diversify transport flows in the modern world and to expand corridors in the direction of predictable and responsible partners.
I think it is right to abandon the business-as-usual scenario in developing transport infrastructure, when the cargo traffic is estimated based only on current needs, and then, based on these estimates, routes are designed and built. But then there is a lack of capacity. If we act according to such static logic, then we will always be catching up, as the capacity will always be lacking. The infrastructure should be oriented towards the needs of tomorrow, opening up a space of opportunities for business initiatives. And experience shows that as soon as new routes appear, goods to be transported along them also appear. You know, it is true: if a road appears, then life begins around it; if there is no road, there is nothing. In other words, it is infrastructure projects that create new cargo flows.

en.kremlin.ru...

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: turretless

I must say, your username is quite apt given the current state of an awful lot of your tanks.

'Suddenly Turretless'

He didn't believe me before russia's invasion.

Everyone does now (MANY already knew).

Now they're trying to find evidence that a T72 has EVER penetrated an M1 (has never happened in many thousands of direct hits).

russia had them brainwashed into zombies that believed russian propaganda without question for more than half a century, suddenly getting truthful information from reality must be pretty shocking and unbelievable, and eventually depressing. But hopefully it leads to russians removing their lying leadership eventually.

The 'suddenly turretless' term comes from those that do BDA, watching video of a Javelin strike literally goes from one frame showing the Javelin a few inches above the T72, to the next frame where the T72 no longer has a turret (or crew).

edit on 24-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 03:27 AM
link   
State Council Presidium meeting on social support

May 25, 2022 18:45

That said, in addition to this, we should be always looking to the future, a step ahead, and keep focused on the priorities that have already been determined. Our key, unchanging priority is to raise the wellbeing, the living standards of our people.
The decisions we are adopting support domestic demand and, importantly, this demand is mostly for domestic products. As a result, our economy has a much better dynamic than some experts predicted, which means we will open new production lines and create more jobs.
To reiterate, we need to help people in difficult life situations, which we keep an eye on at all times.
What we need to do is to make sure wages grow faster than the cost of living. Our main goal is to further increase the minimum wage so that individual incomes exceed the subsistence level by a wide margin.
Today, I would like to focus on the well-being of families with children, and a dignified standard of living, proper nutrition for children, including at school, which, as you can see for yourself, has a good, I would even say fundamental effect, largely determines a child’s development and lays the foundation for health, creativity and success in their independent lives as adults. Statistics show that families with children made up about 80 percent of low-income families in the recent past. It took us several years of system-wide efforts to create a fully integrated low-income family support system.
This is so because for Russia a large family is a historical tradition. We know this well and it has always been like this in Russia. It is necessary to return to this tradition. It is required by our current development and must take root as a norm, a value for society and a major priority for the state. A happy thriving family with many children is a basic response to the demographic challenges we are facing.

en.kremlin.ru...

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Is russia still claiming that the sanctions aren't affecting them?

Have you noticed the over 90% drop in housing sales in russia's largest cities?

Sanctions.

We're still just getting started, putin committed national suicide.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
First Eurasian Economic Forum

May 26, 2022 14:25

And although we were interested in joining the WTO and in developing relations accordingly with our Western partners, as you said and as I continue to say, we nevertheless regarded as our main priority the development of relations with our direct and natural neighbours within the common economic framework of the Soviet Union. This is my first point. The second. Already at that time, we started developing ties – I will speak about this later – within the framework of the Greater Eurasian Partnership. Our motivation was not the political situation but global economic trends, because the centre of economic development is gradually – we are aware of this, and our businesspeople are aware of this – is gradually moving, continues to move into the Asia-Pacific Region.
I do not doubt for a second that there are many countries that want to and will pursue an independent policy and their number is growing. No world policeman will be able to stop this global process. There will not be enough power for this and the desire to do so will evaporate due to a host of domestic problems in those countries. I hope they will eventually realise that this policy has no prospects whatsoever.
True, not all the import substitution goals were achieved in previous years. But it is impossible to achieve everything: life is faster than administrative decisions, it develops faster. But there is no problem. We have done everything necessary in key areas that ensure our sovereignty.
Actually, import substitution was necessary to create not just assembly shops, but also engineering centres and research centres. This is inevitable for any country that wants to increase its economic, financial and ultimately political sovereignty. It is inevitable. This is why we have been doing it, and not because the current state of affairs demands it from us, but simply because life itself demanded this, and we were active.
The practice of payments in national currencies is expanding, which is very important. Notably, their share in the mutual trade of the Union’s countries has already reached 75 percent. We will continue to work on interlinking our national payment systems and bank cards.
It would be no exaggeration to say that Greater Eurasia is a big civilisational project. The main idea is to create a common space for equitable cooperation for regional organisations. The Greater Eurasian Partnership is designed to change the political and economic architecture and guarantee stability and prosperity on the entire continent – naturally, taking account of the diverse development models, cultures and traditions of all nations. I am confident, and this is obvious anyway, that this centre would attract a big audience.

en.kremlin.ru...

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Do you actually believe any of that nonsense?

Or understand that russia's current currency manipulation means that russia doesn't come close to meeting the absolute minimum requirements for WTO membership.

And that's before we even discuss russia's intentional global famine threats, which probably resulted in at least a 20 year WTO ban, even if putin were removed today and russia started changing it's ways.

edit on 26-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Meeting with families awarded the Order of Parental Glory

June 1, 2022 15:40

Good afternoon, friends,

First of all, I would like to congratulate you and all citizens of our country on International Children’s Day.

I would like to give special greetings to the large and close-knit families who are taking part in our meeting today. I am confident that children are proud that their fathers and mothers have been awarded one of the most important and honorary state decorations in Russia, the Order of Parental Glory.

Your relatives and friends feel proud of you as well. Our society highly and wholeheartedly respects the couples that have chosen the difficult but wonderful path of having a large family. This attitude is part of our national character. It is rooted in our thousand-year-long history. Families with only one or two children were an exception in Russia in the past, when most families had three, four or five children.

It is gratifying that the tradition of having large families is reviving today, gradually and one step at a time, and increasingly more people are becoming aware of the high moral and spiritual value of family ties and the continuity of generations, and of merits that look simple and understandable yet are extremely important to everyone, namely respect for our elders and care for children, mutual support and the joy of communication. I would like to point out that these are the fundamental values of all the traditional religions in Russia.

en.kremlin.ru...

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   

If he really feels that way, why is bombing and shelling children and forcing millions of them to flee their country and become refugees?

I bet he loves puppies and rainbows too.

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

He saves Russia from Ukrainian Nazism grown there by the West.

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Yes, of course he does......

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

I kinda think Nazi's "grow" themselves in every part of the world.

North - East - West - South.

It's an ideology just like all the other political ideologies. No one makes a person have any specific ideology.

Well, unless you're absorbed into the propaganda -- and choose blinders not to see outside of it.

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

No one makes a person have any specific ideology.

Tell this to those anti-Maidan supporters who were burned alive by Ukrainian Nazis in the House of Trade Unions in Odessa in 2014.

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   

No one makes a person have any specific ideology.

Tell this to those anti-Maidan supporters who were burned alive by Ukrainian Nazis in the House of Trade Unions in Odessa in 2014.

You have apparently "pin point" vision that can't see the rest of the world and its happenings.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Interview with Rossiya TV

June 3, 2022 20:00

The situation was quite different in the United States. The money supply in the United States grew by 5.9 trillion in less than two years, from February 2020 to the end of 2021 – unprecedented productivity of the money printing machines. The total cash supply grew by 38.6 percent.

Apparently, the US financial authorities believed the dollar was a global currency, and it would spread, as usual, as it did in previous years, would dissolve in the global economy, and the United States would not even feel it. But that did not happen, not this time. As a matter of fact, decent people – and there are such people in the United States – the Secretary of the Treasury recently said they had made a mistake. So, it was a mistake made by the US financial and economic authorities – it has nothing to do with Russia's actions in Ukraine, it is totally unrelated.

And that was the first step – and a big one – towards the current unfavourable food market situation, because, in the first place, food prices immediately went up, they grew. This is the first reason.

Pavel Zarubin:

But Russia is accused by high-ranking officials of preventing the grain that is actually there, in Ukrainian ports, from leaving.

Vladimir Putin:

They are bluffing, and I will explain why.

First, there are some objective things, and I will mention them now. The world produces about 800 million tonnes of grain, wheat per year. Now we are being told that Ukraine is ready to export 20 million tonnes. So, 20 million tonnes out of 800 million tonnes amounts to 2.5 percent. But if we proceed from the fact that wheat accounts for merely 20 percent of all food products in the world – and this is the case, this is not our data, it comes from the UN – this means that these 20 million tonnes of Ukrainian wheat are just 0.5 percent, practically nothing. This is the first point.

en.kremlin.ru...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join