It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Temple To Argue Abortion Is Ritual

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

But the world is not black and white, more like shades of grey.

I have to say i would be in the 55% category that considers the development stage to be a factor.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Double again my bad.

I'm beginning to think its my mouse button sensitivity.
edit on 11-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

In today's insane world, I would not be surprised if they won the right of ritual child sacrifice.

What's surprising to me is that there are people who would not be surprised if a group like this won the right of ritual child sacrifice.

In this day and age, you might be right.

Abortion done as part of a religious ritual as Satanists are demanding, is human sacrifice.

They are demanding the right for their members to become pregnant with a potential human being, for the express purpose of killing the potential human being as part of a ritual sacrifice to Satan of a human.

It is only legal because in the US right now in NY and CA, where it will stay legal:
A healthy XX with a healthy "not a baby" can have an abortion up until the moment "not a baby" is full term and is expelled naturally and alive through the cervix.

If that is done after week 24 when the "not a baby" is fully formed and can survive outside the womb then it definitely is a "legal in NY and CA" human sacrifice if done as part of a religious ritual by Satanists.

But Satantists need not worry, they can always take their pregnant XX to NY and CA during the 9th month of pregnancy and have a bonfire and sacrifice a tiny human legally with the full support of the liberal left law, by killing it before it is naturally expelled from the XX body. (can't use the transphobic and politically repulsive to the left word mother, so I'll be sensitive to their demand that this ugly divisive word be abolished)

Leftists will strongly support the right of the XX to engage in this type of human sacrifice because they feel that in all instances abortion is a right for every XX at every stage of pregnancy even 1 minute before full term expulsion. Their ideological furvor is so deep it allows for this type of human sacrifice.

I am pro-life after 24 weeks when a baby can survive outside the womb. At that point a C-section will save the life of the mother faster than an abortion. An emergency c-section takes about 5 minutes (my daughter had one that fast), an abortion at that stage takes hours to days depending on the type of abortion.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
Abortion done as part of a religious ritual as Satanists are demanding, is human sacrifice.

Christians did it first.

"But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell."

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I joined the satanic temple this week, just for this purpose. Freedom of religion isn't just for Christians.

Edit to add: Christians should really look up how "gOd" felt about abortions in the old testament. He performed them himself through priests, and he had no qualms with toddler genocide.

Feel free to provide that information about God performing abortions.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac
Feel free to provide that information about God performing abortions.

Look one post before yours. It's in the book Numbers 5.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Does everyone recall that thing about God be a genocidal psychopath? You know what set him off? Generally those were societies that had a bad habit of sacrificing their babies to Baal - passing them through the fire. So I am sure that if we legalize child sacrifice to Satan, He'll be super pleased. Just sayin' ... people notice America's absence in Revelation.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Well Billies, thank you for that run down. You wrote it so confidently that you inspired me to go and look into it so that I might rebut you out of hand. Now, I cannot.

My knowledge of The Satanic Temple was nil, having just made assumptions from general cultural word usage. It seems that this group holds no worship to any form of deity as part of their ''beliefs'', be it gods or devils. This core atheistic beliefs heavily suggests that any form of '' ritual sacrifice'' would be meaningless. If one has no deity to make a sacrifice ''to'' or ''for'' then there is no reason to make sacrifice at all in the first place.

So in reading following your information I find that this atheistic ''church?"" is primarily a lobbying group that holds to the inviolability of ones body to do with as one sees fit and that a fetus is part of that body until such time as it is delivered to it own place outside of the mother.

Much of it's reason for even being is to work against government restrictions on a woman's right to her own body under their belief in the above. As state governments attempted to restrict this, this group has found legal ''loopholes'' to fight back against those restrictions which themselves were utilizing legal ''loopholes'' to circumvent previous laws concerning a woman's autonomy.

That is a quick gist of what I gathered having looked into it more deeply, so thank you for that. Maybe now I might discuss this with you more completely.

One, since this group does not believe in any form of deity, there is no call or reason for ''ritual sacrifice of babies''
Two, since this group exists primarily to lobby against government restrictions on the right of individuals to live their lives as they see fit it is easy to think that these challenges to the law are merely that, complicated legal challenges to other legal challenges.

Three, putting one and two together leads me back to my original assumption that to believe that the legal hassling over these bills will not lead to women aborting their near term fetuses for ritual sacrifice.

And, on top of that even if it did, the notion that this would be met with cheers of ''huzzah'' by leftists is hyperbolic paranoia gone ballistic.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Animal sacrifice is illegal and I'd imagine that child sacrifice is even more so. Not to mention that this would be the government fostering a religious view into the debate. If we are going to bash one religion, we will have to bash them all.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Your body is yours, another body inside yours is not.

Jaden

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

Christians did it first.

"But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell."

Christians did not do it. It is talking about a natural miscarriage, not an abortion as Christophobes would like to believe.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

www.washingtontimes.com...

The Satanic Temple of Texas filed suit to defend its religious right to engage in child sacrifice as a spiritual ritual.

The Dallas Observer reports as follows.

“[On Feb. 23, 2021] The Satanic Temple [of Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston] filed a lawsuit against the State of Texas alleging certain state-mandated abortion regulations violate the religious liberty of its members … [and] violate the temple’s religious teachings. The Satanic Temple … wants its followers to be exempt from such regulations. The temple has members across the country, including in Texas.”
The Observer continues, “But the temple’s members consider abortion a ritualistic practice according to co-founder and spokesperson Lucien Greaves … [who maintains the] state regulations disrupt this ritual.”

thesatanictemple.com... (church of satan website)

The Satanic Temple has announced that its Satanic abortion ritual exempts TST members from enduring medically unnecessary and unscientific regulations when seeking to terminate their pregnancy. The ritual involves the recitation of two of our tenets and a personal affirmation that is ceremoniously intertwined with the abortion.
it sanctifies the abortion
Prior to receiving any anesthetic or sedation, look at your reflection to be reminded of your personhood and your responsibility to yourself. Focus on your intent. Take deep breaths, and make yourself comfortable. When you are ready, say the Third Tenet and Fifth Tenet aloud. You may now undergo the surgery. After the surgery is completed and any anesthetic has worn off, return to your reflection and recite your personal affirmation. Feel doubts dissipating and your confidence growing as you have just undertaken a decision that affirms your autonomy and free will. The religious abortion ritual is now complete.

In reading the satanic websites it seems that they worship themselves as god and that they have all the rights and privileges of being a god. But I find it hard to believe that a church that calls itself the Church of Satan, does not believe in Satan as their main God. That does not make rational sense. If you look at their website, they dress as Satan during worship services. www.churchofsatan.com... They use symbols that are clearly Satanic and reflect a belief in Satan as God in their worship and this can be seen on their official website.

But I suppose that since they basically worship themselves as a god that has all the rights and privileges of a god, dressed as Satan and worshiping using symbols of Satan as symbols of their own godhood. Believing you are god is the ultimate in self-centered belief that your rights superseed the rights of all others and that you are the most important person in your world and that all your needs and wants are more important than the needs or wants, or even life of others. That's what I get from their website.

So I guess the human sacrifice of abortion which is spelled out in one of the linked websites affirms the godhood of self and therefore the right to end a human life, as a life affirming and fulfilling experience for the "self-god" going through it. That's what I get from reading the actual ritual.

edit on 5/11/22 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

If I'm not mistaken, the Church of Satan and The Satanic Temple are two distinct organizations. The first was founded in San Francisco in 1966 by Anton Levay. From reading the front page of their website I find that they do not believe in any gods or devils at all. So any apparent ''worship'' of a ''devil'' would be only and as nothing more than symbolism which they all know to be symbolism.

Believing you are god is the ultimate in self-centered belief that your rights supersede the rights of all others and that you are the most important person in your world and that all your needs and wants are more important than the needs or wants, or even life of others. That's what I get from their website.

I think there is a difference between believing oneself to be God and believing oneself to be god. I agree that belief that one is God would lead to the belief that ones rights supersede the rights of all others and that one is the most important person in the world etc. But belief that one is god does not lead to that philosophically, rather it leads to the notion that we are ALL god and hence do not have any special rights or privileges over all the rest of us.

I can only suspect that their choice of all that ''satanic imaging'' was chosen to put a thumb in the eye of Christian religions that I'm pretty sure they hold to be the dominant form of authoritarianism in the western world for two thousand years.

And The Satanic Temple was founded in 2012. From Wiki,''The Satanic Temple does not believe in a supernatural Satan; instead it employs the literary Satan as a metaphor to promote pragmatic skepticism, rational reciprocity, personal autonomy, and curiosity.[8] Satan is thus used as a symbol representing "the eternal rebel" against arbitrary authority and social norms.''.

Again, symbolism to denote being rebellious to the established Christian norms of American society. Much I would think like the wide swath of conservative people today use the Confederate flag as their symbol of rebellion to the government of the United States even though they themselves did not live under the auspice of that flag nor lived anywhere in the South.

I also find it very difficult to believe that that first group founded in 66 could have been practicing any kind of serious and evil ritual stuff because if they had they would have been rooted out by the Christian establishment long ago. Under Nixon, a Christian, under Ford, a Christian, under Reagan, a Christian and Ford, a Christian. And Reagan and Bush and Bush again. None of those conservative leaders found that Church of Satan worthy of extinction, which I can suppose had they been they would have been.

I don't like symbolism much at all. These groups that use this symbolism I find to be childish. Just as I found all those rock and roll groups that used any satanic symbolism to be.

So apparently we read what these groups say about themselves differently and I guess that is based on our own fears and beliefs.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The Satanic Temple is reddit atheism but with satanic imagery.

Basically it removes everything cool about satanic imagery. If there is a Devil he is probably angrier with them than he is with the angry old world drowner himself. He liked it when his iconography was the purview of 80s metal bands, trash-tier young adult fiction novels and deranged maniacs.

It’s gotten so bad that he got a name change as to not be associated with them. He is not Satan anymore he is Staan now.

Hail Staan.
edit on 1152022 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Yeah.

. . . . . Satanist groups don't believe in Satan.

And Catholic groups don't believe in God.

And vegan groups actually eat meat.

And democrats believe in freedom.

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That’s all well and good but everyone in the world even at the time didn’t sacrifice babies to Baal. Unless Ancient China, Egypt, India, Persia, Babylon and Norte Chico all abandoned their respective pantheons at the same time and decided to worship this Baal fellow.

Seems a tad of an overreaction to kill everyone due to the actions of one tribe in the Levant.

Glad God never got a look at Carthage, they did the whole baby sacrifice thing as well.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Reading through the back and forth of morality on the topic of abortion and religion. So we all can agree that religion does change our opinion on things and our own perspectives. Opinions is the key take away.

Now, say we remove all known aspects of any sort of religious beliefs and ideologies from the equation and get down to just from the single grain of sand in this that is the human body, your body to be exact. What are the fundamental Human Rights you have for the simple fact that you exist and breath?

I for one am 100% percent against abortion. So I will never have one or choose to marry anyone who has had one outside of legitimate reasons. Just my choice on the matter. I also am a firm believer in minding my own #ing business. What someone else does with their body does not affect my life at all, there fore , now pay real close attention to this, it does not bare a thought of mine at all. Has no bearing on my existence. I will do tomorrow the same # i did today.

Right now they are being performed in clinics and hospitals. Think about the ramifications and witch hunts that will follow if this mindset of "freedom only if it doesn't go against my beliefs" continues. When it starts rolling downhill, and it very much so will, where does what happens with our bodies stop? How much will they slowly take away from us?

Just a thought.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Well then, if it's a religious rite and the government shouldn't be involved, why are my tax dollars paying for it?

The same reason churches don't pay taxes, I reckon.

Also, your taxes aren't paying for it.

Yes, yes they are. Federal and State dollars pay for a lot of abortions. Ever heard of the Hyde Amendment?

What programs does the Hyde Amendment affect?
Initially, the Hyde Amendment only affected funding for abortions under Medicaid, a state and federal health program for low-income individuals. Because Congress reauthorizes the Hyde Amendment annually as an attachment to the appropriations bill for HHS, it also restricts abortion funding under the Indian Health Service, Medicare, and the Children’s Health Insurance Program. Over the years, language similar to that in the Hyde Amendment has been incorporated into a range of other federal programs that provide or pay for health services to women including: the military’s TRICARE program, federal prisons, the Peace Corps, and the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) also included a provision that applied similar abortion coverage limitations to plans that are sold through the Marketplace for women who receive federal income-based subsidies to purchase private health insurance.

Because Medicaid is jointly funded by the federal and state governments, states can choose to pay for abortions under Medicaid in other instances, but must use their own revenues, and not federal funds, to cover the service. Currently, 16 states have a policy directing the use of their own funds to pay for abortions for low-income women insured by Medicaid beyond the Hyde limitations, nine of which provide coverage as the result of a court order (Figure 1). The Arizona Medicaid program, however, does not pay for abortions outside of circumstances permitted by Hyde despite court orders directing them to do so.

In fact, around 25% of abortions are tax payer funded. Over 1,000,000 abortions a year. Do the math. Here, I'll do it. That's 250,000 abortions every year are paid for by tax dollars.
edit on 12-5-2022 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 03:36 AM
link   
In some island cultures people ate each others offspring and their own but it was a just a matter of fact everyday occurrence for thousands of years and other cultures came along to shame on them... what's that bible business say about shame? It wasn't til they knew their shame were they cast out of paradise? So who are the real devils in that situation, according to their own book they are when it comes to applying their moral laws on other people.

...and people think the US was too stupid in those days to know it? What does the first amendment point too if not that exactly and separating itself from that... if some religious us group shun a bunch of baby eaters the baby eaters have a right of redress or reparation for losing their paradise where it wasn't wrong it wasn't a problem... now we are all ashamed for being ourselves and how can we pursue happiness being cast out of it with that church interfering in our business or affairs?

I'm not joking that's to the letter of how the first amendment is written... the US would have smited the crap out of the religious group squawking at another group for not being them and given that groups funds and livelihood to the group that was disturbed as doing that squawking at another group of people isn't a peaceful assembly and the press was free to say about it what they willed when all was said and done.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join