It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Temple To Argue Abortion Is Ritual

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: infolurker

When you're in a societal argument and the Satanists side with the people you are arguing against, I think it is safe then to assume that you've already won the argument.

I mean, gosh, now the pro-abortionists are with the Satanists!

lol

I would have expected nothing less.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

My favorite bunch of liberals to make fun of.

Don't worry about Lucian Whatever and his secular-wicked cabal.

I just call them "shock protestors". It's sort of Left-hand path in that it is extreme to a particular status quo, but so aligned with the poliical left (within a greater status quo) its more or less a decoy organization to challenge christian influenced law as a tax-exempt religious organization in The United States.

They slapped a baphomet on secular humanism and use it to challenge anything that reminds them blue laws were once a thing. Or that much of America's legal code is an extension of the morals of Christianity.

That's why it all started with a religious public art statue on Federal property. They didnt like the overt way some states seek to conflate the rule of law with the rule of god, so their entire MO is to use "eye for an eye" tactics to play The Devil's ACLU in parts of the country that do things they don't like.

Its a lot like The Pastafarians, only using devil coloring books and after school programs to counter any Good News Club that might use a public school in off hours. Once again their real gospel and goal is rigorous secular enforcement of The US Constitution as seen through the eyes of a liberal.

This ploy is just more of that. The reaction they get is exactly what they want.
edit on 10-5-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner
My religion involves killing you, message me your address

How pro-life of you!

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The Satanic Temple will argue that abortion is a ritual in upcoming legal challenges. In today's insane world, I would not be surprised if they won the right of ritual child sacrifice. Sometimes I do wonder if I woke in the mirror universe as the insane and evil are now in charge.

That's interesting , I was just thinking this on my way home from work yesterday.

I imagined that Abortions especially late term abortions are probably commonly used in Occult rituals.

Seems a waste of a good baby to not at least summon the Dark Lord with it

edit on 10-5-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I am in favour of abortion with some time restrictions. But i also don’t have a massively strong opinion on the subject outside of opposing a ridiculous total ban on the practice or newborn baby killing. Something between the two would be good I reckon.

I also don’t take my morality from a millenia-old book of nonsense.

Oh, look, a reasonable person.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

In today's insane world, I would not be surprised if they won the right of ritual child sacrifice.

What's surprising to me is that there are people who would not be surprised if a group like this won the right of ritual child sacrifice.

Right now, if Godzilla surfaced and wrecked Tokyo or Aliens landed on the White House lawn; I would react in a manner of "OK, not surprised".

Indeed yes, your propensity for highly energetic hyperbole is often noted in many if not all of your threads. So imaginative of you. It makes for such good ''fodder'' .

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Its always been about Sun worship as opposed to Son worship.

Well that, cannibalism and blood in spades.

Dont know about war in heaven and all that jazz, but Christianity is just a rehash of the religions that came before.

Hence the reason it adopted so many pagan customs and festivals.

Pearl of wisdom to be had now and again all the same but its laced with the same control constructs and requiring the same adoration and attendance as any another Abrahamic interpretation or ideology aka Judaism and Islam.
edit on 10-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Pearl of wisdom to be had now and again all the same but its laced with the same control constructs and requiring the same adoration and attendance as any another Abrahamic interpretation or ideology aka Judaism and Islam.

You can state that retracted sociological perspective until your blue in the face, but the religiousity of both sides affirm moral righteousness. As long as there is a 7th inning singing of God Bless America, there will be a push to sing Sympathy For The Devil in the 6th.

You can see the battling of ideas there.

After 9/11 a religious reaction rose in American culture. Noted by the beginning to sing of God Bless America at Baseball games being commonplace. That prompted a counter from people made uncomfortable by the Mega Church religious explosion of the early 2000's, which came a few years later when millennials started graduating college. They increasingly support secularism too.

Control mechanism is right on. Dawkins called them "Control Memes". And TST seeks to redefine those via leftist activism.

My criticism there is the function of the church operates like a lobby group under the guise of autodeification and self-determination, while making money from people who join. And does it as a collective effort, which is an incongruity with someone that seeks self-governance from overbearing rule of law. Membership fees more like political donations to the cause it seems.

Where that goes is the furthest thing from liberation. It becomes more of the "same constructs that require the same adoration to an interpretation of an ideology" (sic)

But this is how those control mechanisms change. The hardest part is always the most devout of one side trying convince the most devout of the other.

"Our way is better becauses it progresses society towards accptance, diversity, and compassion."

"Your new way was specifically warned against by an authority our way puts above even the constitution. You violate our rights"

"But science says"

"But god says"

"Religious freedom of all beliefs should be accepted everywhere. You must respect all religious ideologies equally."

"You're a long way from Havard, boy."

This will continue on that trajectory until a majority prevails.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I just think everyone should play nice before it all ends in tears Degradation33.

A woman's prerogative has got to remain her own else they may as well take away their vote and any other rights.

Because without the right to choose themselves they are nothing more than breeding machines or chattel.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

My religion involves killing you, message me your address

How pro-life of you!

I'm not pro-life, I'm just practicing my religious freedom

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekner

I don’t think you can justify murder as a form of religious freedom.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Playing nice cant happen in.black and white.

My answer to all this is lost in a sea of pie in the sky ideas waiting to be rolled over by the wheel of government red tape, and how things actually work..

But I still say let every state decide its own laws by consensus vote. And may the most persuasive campaign win.

Do competing options on a ballot and model the individual state laws after the consensus opinion.. so if 61% support abortions only to 3 months or for rape and incest, or until a embryonic flutter is detected than that's the will of that state's people. Until its not anymore.

Let the restrictiveness (or lack therof) be decided by state referendum. And later amended.

I know the "woman should have total authoroty at all times" doesnt line up with that, but thats a polarized smaller percentage (15%), which neatly balances out the 16 percent that say "all cases should be illgal".

The great architect of our political positions really has an eye for elegantly balanced statistical subgroups.

And my personal opinion is until we separately acknowledge that our societies always exist in those eloquently proportional grey areas its only going to descend further into the 5th act of a Shakespearean tradgedy.

It doesnt really consider that only 42% of women think it should be "mostly legal", or the 20% that say "legal in all cases" and 10% saying "illegal in all cases". And certainly not the 55% that say developement stage is a factor.

So "let the states flesh that out" is my grand utopian compromise. And the first step of that is striking Roe v. Wade. Because now the state actor can decide. Or enshine in their state constitution.

At least in my warped opinion, the pro-choice argument to strike down Roe v. Wade.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well then, if it's a religious rite and the government shouldn't be involved, why are my tax dollars paying for it?

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I'm not pro-life, I'm just practicing my religious freedom

Christian, I assume? Ever heard of the ten commandments your imaginary sky friend put into place? Sky daddy also says life starts at first breath. So abortion isn't murder.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Well then, if it's a religious rite and the government shouldn't be involved, why are my tax dollars paying for it?

The same reason churches don't pay taxes, I reckon.

Also, your taxes aren't paying for it.
edit on 10-5-2022 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: Tekner

I don’t think you can justify murder as a form of religious freedom.

The irony....that's what we've been telling these dimwitts about killing babies
edit on 5/10/2022 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMaskThe irony....that's what we've been telling these dimwitts about killing babies

I'm on my second marriage. Between my two wives, we've had 3 miscarriages. I saw the clump for 2 of them. I didn't look at them and say, OMG that's my baby! It was little more than a period clot (which is also a clump of living cells). They're not babies.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   
And a reply to: LordAhriman

Can I ask you a question as a person who is a member of The Satanic Temple?

Why is there such a difference of opinion on this topic even among Satanists? Like the original Satanic organization, The Church of Satan.

www.churchofsatan.com...

A political activist group best known for “punking” journalists and politicians via high profile publicity stunts has recently announced that abortion is a “Sacrament of Satanism” (later changing this language to “Ritual”) and thus protected by the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. This claim is both false and dangerous. Anyone familiar with the lunatic rantings of daytime talk show hosts during the Satanic Panic or the more recent “Q Anon” conspiracy theories knows that Christians often accuse Satanists of facilitating abortions as a form of child sacrifice. It’s ludicrous that anyone would think that associating abortion with Satanism would in anyway be beneficial towards Satanists or those supporting the right to have an abortion. The Satanic Temple, who in 2019 unironically registered as a Christian church in order to obtain tax exemption, does not represent the religion of Satanism on any level.

It seems the use of Satan really is shoehorned in here. Even the non tax exempt CoS refers to TST as a "political activist group".

Seems not all Satanists like this ploy. They don't want the SRA fervor you might stir up. They dont like the use of tenets and religious status to claim abortion is protected on religious grounds.

What are your thoughts on the other Satanist's criticisms.

I have my own thoughts on the loophole the CoS is calling out.

Go to Georgia and wear a Jamaican hat and light up a "splif" somewhere it can be caught. And then get caught and try to argue it's a sacrament prescribed by Haile Selassie upon his death and should be protected by your religious freedom.
[

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
And a reply to: LordAhriman

Can I ask you a question as a person who is a member of The Satanic Temple?

Why is there such a difference of opinion on this topic even among Satanists? Like the original Satanic organization, The Church of Satan.

www.churchofsatan.com...

A political activist group best known for “punking” journalists and politicians via high profile publicity stunts has recently announced that abortion is a “Sacrament of Satanism” (later changing this language to “Ritual”) and thus protected by the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. This claim is both false and dangerous. Anyone familiar with the lunatic rantings of daytime talk show hosts during the Satanic Panic or the more recent “Q Anon” conspiracy theories knows that Christians often accuse Satanists of facilitating abortions as a form of child sacrifice. It’s ludicrous that anyone would think that associating abortion with Satanism would in anyway be beneficial towards Satanists or those supporting the right to have an abortion. The Satanic Temple, who in 2019 unironically registered as a Christian church in order to obtain tax exemption, does not represent the religion of Satanism on any level.

It seems the use of Satan really is shoehorned in here. Even the non tax exempt CoS refers to TST as a "political activist group".

Seems not all Satanists like this ploy. They don't want the SRA fervor you might stir up. They dont like the use of tenets and religious status to claim abortion is protected on religious grounds.

What are your thoughts on the other Satanist's criticisms.

I have my own thoughts on the loophole the CoS is calling out.

Go to Georgia and wear a Jamaican hat and light up a "splif" somewhere it can be caught. And then get caught and try to argue it's a sacrament prescribed by Haile Selassie upon his death and should be protected by your religious freedom.
[

Satan has nothing to do with anything, "he" doesn't exist.

The same people who believe that sky daddy exists are the same people who believe that an embryo is a child. Clown world.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   

So you children of the world, listen to what I say.
If you want a better place to live in, spread the words today.
Show the world that love is still alive, you must be brave.
Or you children of today are children of the grave, yeah!

www.lyrics.com...
edit on 10-5-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join