It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese J20 pilot defects to the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The Russians probably said the same about Viktor Belinko.,,,,which wasn't widely reported.

And Why would we report that?????? Hell, lots of WW2 stuff is still classified.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Exactly. There's a 'new' in news for a reason. Not looking to derail the thread though.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Because the first paragraph in your sourced says...

The object closely resembling the cutting edge warplane was seen parked in a military facility inside Savannah-Hilton Head Airport, Georgia, on Wednesday, December 5.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Actually inside the sun article they cite
t heaviationist.com and if you look at the picture comparison done by any author and authority on the chinese air force its pretty obvious this isn't a real J20.
edit on 9-5-2022 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

You never seen Men in Black?

They couldn't mention Okinawa so as to protect the Japanese from the wrath of China. Why you think the ghost fleet is all around Japanese waters?

No, it's real alright.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Holy smokes! Seems the US has its hands on the new J20 stealth fighter from China. Word is the pilot defected to Okinawa and was then flown to the US.

www.thesun.ie...

I'm aware, and have mentioned it before, but I didn't know about this article.

Note: I spoke about us having at least one, not how we got it.

We are also in the main j20 factories.

ccp discovered we were in the first one but couldn't find us, so they built a complete replica of the factories under military supervision far away with all new staff.

They are currently trying to figure out how we got into that 2nd plant before it was even completed.

edit on 9-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Perhaps this ties it all together

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Perhaps this ties it all together

Perhaps, but I think this was probably only one of may such games afoot, and wouldn't read too much into the details other than that we have long had at least one j20, and our folks aren't worried about it in a face off with American forces, other than in some kind of Pearl Harbor type surprise attack.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   

So you are saying the plane spotter who took the pic and wished to remain anonymous, the 2 sites which reported on this, and the USMC all said it was in Georgia to protect Okinawa or Japan? Seems like a pretty far fetched explaination.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So , they fly it to Savannah-Hilton Head Airport (a small civilian airport) ? - no .
If anything they would have flown it to Dobbins which is near Lockheed .
Folks would not even have known it .
But it is getting close to the usual time for the great annual air show .
So , mock-up .

Hilarious .
Someone fell for the usual glorified headline from The Sun .

edit on 5/9/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

So you are saying the plane spotter who took the pic and wished to remain anonymous, the 2 sites which reported on this, and the USMC all said it was in Georgia to protect Okinawa or Japan? Seems like a pretty far fetched explaination.

I don't know what Laken said, but it's pretty obvious that both sides have been playing cover up about the j20(s) in U.S. possession and the difficulty ccp has had with agency eyes in their j20 factories.

I wouldn't read any of the cover up stories as fact, but when they repeatedly comes from both sides like this it usually means that neither side wants to discuss the details, and likely won't for decades.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Why would the guy who got the photo lie about where he got it though? There is no motive and I am sure it wouldn't be terribly difficult to confirm if he was in Okinawa or Georgia. That's why I don't believe this one. Whether or not we do have 1 or have infiltrated their production is something I havent looked into so I wouldn't know. I just think this is one is bunk based off the details presented.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Why would the guy who got the photo lie about where he got it though? There is no motive and I am sure it wouldn't be terribly difficult to confirm if he was in Okinawa or Georgia. That's why I don't believe this one. Whether or not we do have 1 or have infiltrated their production is something I havent looked into so I wouldn't know. I just think this is one is bunk based off the details presented.

I don't know if the story about how it was acquired contains any or all truth, there have been quite a few cover up type stories from both sides on this issue over the past 4-5 years, it seems that ccp doesn't want to admit losing them, and we don't have any interest in admitting we have them yet.

Games are afoot on this from both sides.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Tabloid reissue. Standard practice to dredge up old stories and republish them numerous times. This is from 2018, and then again in 2020.

It really is a USMC mock up now at a Marine Corp airfield in North Carolina. They mock up everything they can. You wouldn't see an actual defected J20 on any tarmac in public view.
edit on 9-5-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   

From the article:

An object resembling a top secret J-20 Mighty Dragon jet was sighted at Savannah-Hilton Head Airport, in Georgia

They would have pretty accurate measurements from satellite photos and other intel sources. They've been at airshows both parked and flying. As for why, target recognition for ISR training. They have an Su-27 at Creech for the same reason.

If this was a real J-20, there's no way it would be seen outside of Tonopah or Groom, and certainly not on the ramp at Okinawa, or Savannah. Savannah is home to the Marine Air Dominance Center, which has something along the lines of the Petting Zoo at Nellis. If you look at comparison photos, there are differences, such as the landing gear. One big clue it's a mock up is that the control surfaces didn't move. Normally, as soon as hydraulic pressure is cut, the surfaces move. If you look at J-20s that are parked, with power off, the vertical fins normally have rotated somewhat, due to wind, or vibration, or other reasons. This one, they're still lined up perfectly even though there is obviously no power applied. The engine nozzles are also wrong.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Just a thought. Civilian airport, "resembles," and the stories other idiosyncrasies... Maybe it's for a movie?

Any fighter jock movies coming out soon (or in 2018 if that's when the original article came out)? Don't remember/know and really don't care enough to research that angle but maybe you geniuses know that answer.

Is there a J20 in that Tom Cruise Top Gun sequel?

Goose? Talk to me, Goose.

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   
oh myyyy god

top topics

<< 1   >>

join