It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50-Year-Old "Best Photograph Of A UFO Ever Taken" Goes Viral

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Totally looks like the Japanese Utsuro-bune (again-wish I could post a pic).

Same shape. Same ridge.

👽🛸🍺

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

” Users say that this is the best photograph of a UFO (believed to be used by aliens) ever taken.

How did they establish that his was "believed to be used by aliens"?

Are there any eye witnesses to this supposed UFO from the time?

Was the 'UFO only noticed afterwards when the picture was developed, or even later than that?

” Over the years the image has been analysed by various experts such as Costa Rican UFO researcher Ricardo Vílchez, Dr Richard Haines and Dr Jacques Vallée.

What are the specific qualifications and expertise in photography that Vilchez, Haines and Vallee hold to make judgements?

I don't know what this is photo depicts.

It could be anything from a chip in the glass creating an artifact to an alien flying saucer. But is it really the best pic of a UFO?

edit on 10/5/2022 by mirageman because: ...

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Believe it was debunked as a tack head or something similar in either a scanned or photographed original image - will dig the article out when I get a minute.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Good questions…….

I’m jus the messenger ……quoting paragraphs from the article linked.

Perhaps there’s an elaborated writing about the photograph from one of those 3 fellows written, along the way of their long careers, in other articles or books….since it’s been 50 plus years.

Someone else can look for more details…..I’m stopping with the OP linked article 😉

So far the suggested…..

👽🛸☕️🍩
edit on 10-5-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Isn't this the one that turned out to be an old Chrysler hubcap ?

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I did a bit of digging and found this website : Analysis of 1971 Costa Rica U.F.O. Image

Vallee and Haines appear to have no particular expertise in photographic analysis.

.... The official report from the government is that when the image was taken “None of the flight crew or photographers saw the object.” This was a plane on a mapping mission which means that not only the pilot but the photographer had to be sure that the location of the plane was exact to conduct proper mapping. This means that both would be observing outside the plane (downwards for the photographer). Just like most other “paranormal” photographs, the conclusion should be that if it was not seen while the image was being captured there is some type of photographic anomaly involved and not automatically jump to an extraterrestrial conclusion.

it continues by explaining the specific camera

The camera system has a very unique optic system that looks very similar to the object in the photograph...

And curiously it does....

it also confirms there were no eye witnesses at the time from the ground, or the mapping team and pilot on board the aircraft.

...Because there were no eyewitness reports from the ground or the members of the mapping team there is not much of a chance of this being an object of approximately 683 feet in size or even something that was an actual object of any size flying in the air beneath the plane.

Then concludes...

The object in the image appears to have been created by reflections of ambient light inside the optics of the camera system caused by a unique combination of the type of camera system, angle of the plane to the light, position of the sun and possibly the angle of the light coming from the surface of the water located beneath the plane.

I'd say with no eye witnesses on the ground or in the air at the time, that unless you go deep into a conspiracy theory about how people were silenced but the photograph still somehow surfaced, then this is far from the Best Photograph of a UFO Ever.

It's really up to those who believe this is something extra-terrestrial to come up with the hard proof.

edit on 10/5/2022 by mirageman because: ...

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   
To me, no picture or video is ever going to prove anything, unless it lands, and some aliens get out and let themselves be interviewed on major media outlets, and even then folks will still say it's FAKE! The CIA hoaxed it, or the Illuminati or masons or other beings are behind it.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Great further investigation MM…..

Hopefully this is right….

In summary…..by some fluke….the camera, Carl Zeiss RMK 15/23, took a picture of it’s own lens being reflected, possibly, from the inside of the outer most protective glass of the camera housing assembly.

Camera PDF aerial-survey-base.com...

Hmmmm interesting.

How would you account for the roughness and jaggedness of what appears to be the center area? It doesn’t look like a precision mfg’d aperture?….

👽🛸🍸
edit on 10-5-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I like that photo but what would have sealed the deal for me if they had caught its shadow being cast on the terrain
that would have been hard to fake back then

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

thats cool I went to the Falkirk town hall when I was 14 with my mum for a UFO lecture by UFO investigators during the time when Bonnybridge and Grangemouth and Falkirk had lots of UFO sightings in the late 80's early 90's

that link shows the exact photo taken near Grangemouth the investigators were talking about at the lecture among some others taken by another person near Bonnybridge

Its quite mad to think that UFO's were photographed over my home town
I used to stare a the sky alot when these events were happening but I never saw any UFO's myself in my home town

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Its funny, but several of the older UFO pics that were deemed "absolutely authentic" have now been found to be fakes. One that stands out to me is the famous Belgium Triangle pic, noriohayakawa.wordpress.com... and the famous shot of a UFO flying over the island of Trindade in Brazil was also said to have been faked. www.ghosttheory.com... The McMinnville UFO which is a pic of a UFO with an antenna over a trailer taken back in the 50s, is now thought to have been the rear view mirror of a ford Pickup truck hanging from a string. ALL these pics had a lot of Ufologists fooled, including me. I have to say this one looks pretty fake to me. Hard to imagine a starship being that asymmetrical. looks like a button or something that was sat on top of a photo.
edit on 12-5-2022 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I enjoy the Classic Craft Captures……

👽🛸🍺

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Salem, Massachusetts 1952

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm not saying this is a craft but, if it was, I think we are not looking at it's top surface because it does not match the shadow angles on the ground. To me, it would be the underside of a conical shaped craft with a concave base.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join