It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bored Scientists Now Just Sticking Random Things Into Large Hadron Collider

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Warning please put down any drink Now (you were warned) They are looking for God !

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

why don't they try to find the opening they did for Clown world and close the God damned door.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

They found God now they're looking for other stuff.

You are aware the video is satirical ?

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Put an ancient talisman in there, or maybe part of a mummy. Hit the switch and hang on!

If we're gonna blow open the doors to the End Times, at least do it right.

(Yes I know this is The Onion and satire, but there are some interesting things they could try...)
edit on 8-5-2022 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What do You think? Im one of the largest dummies
around. a reply to: gortex

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

They found God now they're looking for other stuff.

And probably close to 10 years old.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think that it still holds up as being funny and besides, this is a strange way of trying to find God if you understand me. I also know that the particle is not God and I think that people are just to curious sometimes. Although it may be part of the method of creation who knows ? It still makes me wonder what they are doing and to me seems like a waste of money and time. I did not name the God particle and am not sure they were serious with that term or not or if they want to really find him (LOL). I wonder what would happen if they did
reply to: OccamsRazor04

edit on 8-5-2022 by bluemooone2 because: oops

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
I think that it still holds up as being funny and besides, this is a strange way of trying to find God if you understand me. I also know that the particle is not God and I think that people are just to curious sometimes. Although it may be part of the method of creation who knows ? It still makes me wonder what they are doing and to me seems like a waste of money and time. I did not name the God particle and am not sure they were serious with that term or not or if they want to really find him (LOL). I wonder what would happen if they did
reply to: OccamsRazor04

They weren't looking for God. They were looking for a goddamned particle.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Even though it is, it might not be as far off from the reality of the situation as one might think. It's not like the LHC has as much practical use as a nuclear power plant, but it's an easy way to make billions without having to make too many useful and groundbreaking discoveries on a continuing basis, i.e. scientific progress.

It's a bit like nuclear fusion research. Which is even more profitable and hasn't seen much progress in relation to the billions that have been pumped into those programs (talking about the fusion research for setting up a nuclear fusion power plant).
edit on 9-5-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join