It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1969 Stonewall Riots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Lets start this with something Ive been cogitating on for a bit. Perhaps some validation?

But first, buzzwords.

How I came to learn about these incidents was from a 'Partner'. The use of this word 'Partner' as of late is a developing connotation. Its most certainly being agendized..To immediately insinuate an alternative lifestyle, and the desire for its acceptance into mainstream vocabulary..which is fine..it is after all English..My old 'Partner' would revel in this.

He taught me the coolest four letter word for intercourse...talk. He was 75 years old and would go out in the middle of the night in his drawers with his bull penis cane, and steal Republican campaign signs..no lie. Put them in different peoples yards, switch them around..the whole nine.

This was a bad Man. In homage I call him Partner. In life I hadnt got there yet. I was like most decent people I know..human, but with my notions.

Without getting too awful personal, lets just say..What an individual.
The Silver Thread

Ok..So, the riots..

"The Stonewall riots were a series of spontaneous demonstrations by members of the Gay community in response to a police raid that began in the early morning hours of June 28, 1969, at the Stonewall Inn in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Lower Manhattan in New York City. Patrons of the Stonewall, other Village lesbian and gay bars, and neighborhood street people fought back when the police became violent"...Wiki.

This was a very somber subject for my friend to discuss for some reason. He was not there, and he didnt say he knew anyone that was, just the way he mentioned it was a unique expression for him. Ive read about as much about it as any of You probably will, that being said..Any lesser known details, or conspiracy about this incident?

www.history.com...

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

I really didn't become all that aware of Stonwall until the 80s and maybe that was because Canada wasn't reporting on that event as much. Around the same time as the riots Canada was designating being gay a basic human right. Mind you, it would be another 35 before marriage was permitted. Like that'll do me a lot of good NOW! But yeah, we had our own climate changer on the go.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

I had a bull penis cane, bought it at auction, cheap, like five bucks. Pretty thing, all twisted and sinewy, lacquered. It looked like just any other old cane made of wood to indiscriminate bidders. The only problem with it was that I'm 6'4'' so it was really to short for me. Damn my luck to find a bull penis cane that came from a bull with a short dick.

new topics

join