It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evolution Of Modified Weaver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   
We all know that fundamentals are important, in any endeveaur. Handgunning is no different.

Today Im exploring stance.
It seems as if for every category of hand gun, there is a different traditional stance associated with its proper use.

Revolvers are tradionally fired differently where mechanics are concerned than a semi-automatic.

Though now I would like to narrow the focus to the evolution in LEO training..going from the FBI Isosceles stance (aka the 'defication Pose') to the Modified Weaver position.

The Isosceles stance
2.bp.blogspot.com...

Modified Weaver
www.hipointfirearmsforums.com...

To keep my part simple, opinion, the defication pose is NOT tactical. A person is easily knocked backwards and the stance exposes the entire center mass of the shooter.

The opposing force aspect Of the Modified Weaver presents the shooter with the ability to balance as well as being able to manuver and sling lead at the same time while presenting the least exposed area.

My choice is of course Weaver (done properly) for all handgunning applications.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

I prefer to hold the gun sideways like it came out of the box, and "throw" the bullets at em when I shoot. You have to push the gun forward (it's best to call it a gat) when shooting. I'm not sure of it's effectiveness, but I almost always say "take that" with each shot fired. YMMV

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

For maximum effect, make sure to hold it over your head also.

You won't hit anything but you'll look Hella gangsta.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: network dude

For maximum effect, make sure to hold it over your head also.

You won't hit anything but you'll look Hella gangsta.

I thought that was implied already. And NEVER take your finger off the trigger, ever.

top topics

join